Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 02:18 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,544,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Wow. Its the PUBLIC's fault this waste of oxygen will go back to using crack. Let us see here. He sought out fame and national attention. HE wanted to be famous and get off "the life of the streets." HE did all this; the public didn't know who this worthless man was, until someone did a video of him.

And you fools fell for all of it. Every single drop; its the "Feel Good Story of 2011." The man is great, he deserves a second chance. This is what life is all about. Uh huh.

He is a drunk, DRUG ADDICT. He will not now, nor ever, be able to handle fame and fortune. This minor issue proves it. He fought with is daughter, which turned into the police being called. How many of you "normal" persons have had the police called on you, because you argued with your daughter (of course it has happened).

Yes, the simple fact is this: This "man" is a waste of oxygen and will never amount to anything. No matter what is handed to him and/or given to him. You liberals want him to succeed and so do I. However, the fact is: HE WON'T. I gurantee it.
I understand your cynicism. Many drug addicts never beat their addictions. That monkey rides their backs all the way to the grave.

However, people can change. I've seen it. A good friend of mine got strung out on crystal meth and lived the skid row life for five long years. I fully expected that he would be found dead one day. But lo and behold he got clean and went back to school and earned a masters degree in education. He is now a highly respected school teacher working his way towards becoming the school principal.

Calling Ted Williams a "waste of oxygen" is more than a little callous. He is a human being who made some bad decisions and it sounds like he has paid the price for it. In spite of everything he seems like a genuinely good hearted guy. Why root for his downfall? Why do people like you love to hate so much? Mr. Williams has the power to turn his life around just like my friend did. I will root for his success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 02:53 AM

37,940 posts, read 17,751,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggo View Post
So drunks, drug addicts and liberals are worthless wastes of oxygen and don't deserve a second chance, eh?
drunks and drug addicts do
(you lob a softball up there like that, I gotta take a swing lol)

I watched one of the early interviews. "Say this", "Say that" It was embarrassing imo. Plus he hadn't done anything and all of a sudden his life was turned around?????
Cut his hair, line him up for a job and problem solved, right? I hope he gets on the right track but most of us already know it takes hard work and a bit of time to really turn things around. Throwing money at a problem and rhetoric hasn't worked well yet.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:17 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,355,399 times
boy I am glad I got a second chance

Old 01-12-2011, 06:35 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,462,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
He was on on Youtube....you don't get privacy after that.
Of course you do.......

Old 01-12-2011, 09:46 AM

13,562 posts, read 21,326,192 times
Quote:
Wow. Its the PUBLIC's fault this waste of oxygen will go back to using crack. Let us see here. He sought out fame and national attention. HE wanted to be famous and get off "the life of the streets." HE did all this; the public didn't know who this worthless man was, until someone did a video of him.

And you fools fell for all of it. Every single drop; its the "Feel Good Story of 2011." The man is great, he deserves a second chance. This is what life is all about. Uh huh.

He is a drunk, DRUG ADDICT. He will not now, nor ever, be able to handle fame and fortune. This minor issue proves it. He fought with is daughter, which turned into the police being called. How many of you "normal" persons have had the police called on you, because you argued with your daughter (of course it has happened).

Yes, the simple fact is this: This "man" is a waste of oxygen and will never amount to anything. No matter what is handed to him and/or given to him. You liberals want him to succeed and so do I. However, the fact is: HE WON'T. I gurantee it.

Alot of assuming on your part given you know not what the argument was about plus it is a feel good because it does show that all of us have the potential to over come and that our lives can get better when in hard times. A chain of events could make almost any of us fall off into what he did.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:15 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,769,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
drunks and drug addicts do
(you lob a softball up there like that, I gotta take a swing lol)

I watched one of the early interviews. "Say this", "Say that" It was embarrassing imo. Plus he hadn't done anything and all of a sudden his life was turned around?????
Cut his hair, line him up for a job and problem solved, right? I hope he gets on the right track but most of us already know it takes hard work and a bit of time to really turn things around. Throwing money at a problem and rhetoric hasn't worked well yet.
It will be interesting to see if he does get his life back together, or back to the streets once his 15 minutes are up.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:54 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,858,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Glenn Beck is a drug addict and alcoholic, Rush Limbaugh is a drug addict,..The "golden voice" man could have a lucrative career in right wing politics.

That IS liberal logic, isn't it. LMAO

Old 01-12-2011, 02:59 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,858,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I understand your cynicism. Many drug addicts never beat their addictions. That monkey rides their backs all the way to the grave.

However, people can change. I've seen it. A good friend of mine got strung out on crystal meth and lived the skid row life for five long years. I fully expected that he would be found dead one day. But lo and behold he got clean and went back to school and earned a masters degree in education. He is now a highly respected school teacher working his way towards becoming the school principal.

Calling Ted Williams a "waste of oxygen" is more than a little callous. He is a human being who made some bad decisions and it sounds like he has paid the price for it. In spite of everything he seems like a genuinely good hearted guy. Why root for his downfall? Why do people like you love to hate so much? Mr. Williams has the power to turn his life around just like my friend did. I will root for his success.

I agree that people can turn their lives around and it is amazing when they do.

I really do get tired of those that hate so much that they feel the need to bring someone's past up as in Rush or Beck. It takes a lot of courage and determination to get back on the right track.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:14 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,292,820 times
Quote:

What did he do to you to make you call him a waste of oxygen?

Old 01-12-2011, 03:21 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,433,371 times
Quote:

WOW, why the hate? I am not liberal but I want to see him succeed and get another chance. I think he is going to be on Dr. Phil and we can see more of him. I won't judge until I know more.

It is sad so many want to piece of him right now. That may be his biggest downfall for not making it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies