Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 01:10 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times

Advertisements

Whoopi acts as though she is speaking from experience. Would this be when she grew up in Chelsea in Manhattan? It's not like she grew up in rural Mississippi in the 60s. What am I saying?!? It's Whoopi Goldberg - she's not exactly the paragon of fairness and deep thought.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:12 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Her opinion on anything is worthless to me.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:49 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
"When I was growing up, people talking and saying things, whipping folks up, caused a lot of people to get lynched."

Read more: The View's Whoopi Goldberg Compares Today's Politics to Talk That Got People 'Lynched' in the '60s | NewsBusters.org

And just how far off the map can she go? Did she not get the news flash that the nation isn't buying the rhetoric?

I hate to burst her prejudicial bubble, but the bulk of lynchings occurred prior to the fifties, and they had pretty much waned by the time the sixties came around.

I'd think she meant to say "When I was growing up, people talking and saying things, whipping folks up, caused a lot of people to start rioting and burning neighborhoods"... would have been far more truthful. I know because I was there!
It honestly did not surprise me when she threw this into the conversation. When watching the clip on TV (I think it was O'Reilly who replayed it), I could not see what it had to do with the topic...there is no comparison.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:03 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Whoopie G. is a fool!

Old 01-13-2011, 10:37 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You must be impressed with Malkin's list, but I am not. She targets people that are and were disgusted at Bush's reign of deceit and fraud. The way she defends Palin, one would think that they are joined at the hip. Actually, the right doth protest too much...A guilty conscience needs so accuser. They are speding more time an energy defending their stance than addressing the issue that has become out of control. Limbaugh's first response was not directed at the shooter, it was a tirade directed towards the Arizona Sherrif. Talk about deflection. Heres' your Michelle Malkin...

Michelle Malkin Watch

MICHELLE MALKIN

How Michelle Malkin Creates The Hate: A Primer | The New Civil Rights Movement

Malkin...the Coulter wannabe
OK Now I understand. Vile Bush hatred by the Left was justified because, after all, it is indisputable that Bush engaged in a "reign of deceit and fraud." So that level of vitriol did not poison the political discourse. So, obviously it could not have caused that climate of hate that made Loughner into a mass murderer. Wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies