Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:40 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
New Hampshire has it right.....so does Arizona

Live free or die baby!
In Oct 05 i toured parts of Az on a motorcycle with my wife, and anytime I asked strangers for road directions, I chose openly armed men. To me that meant i was asking a law abiding citizen, and would get a reasonable and reliable answer. Worked 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
A full auto AA12 could take out anything close range, imagine if used in bad hands with the high capacity drum mags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhstuvzMiB0

That might be my next gun.. Not really my cup of tea, neither is the AK, but I got 3 of them.

What happens is liberal whiners come on the tv and set me off. To 'feel' better i go buy another gun.

If I get lucky my wife doesn't take it for her, which means I get to go buy another gun if she does.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:47 PM

433 posts, read 459,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If a shot gun is what you are comfortable with then use the shot gun. I grew up shooting shot guns rifles and pistols. The pistol is the best weapon for me when it comes to close quarters combat.
Some folks seem to feel that the crime of breaking and entering should not result in the death of the criminal. They feel that although what he did was wrong that his life is more valuable than anything he might have stolen.
Well I beg to differ. His life is worth what he has made of it. His deeds and life style and the way he behaves defines him as what kind of person he really is. In short he is a criminal who preys upon those he feels are weaker than he is. In my book his value is pretty low.
In my book his life might not be worth the cost of the bullet used to kill him. I worked for everything that I own. I ask for no hand outs and accept none. My home is where I go to relax and to feel safe. For some one to violate my home they are taking much more than a TV set or what ever money they find. They are taking something that no amount of money can buy or restore. They deserve the consequences for their actions.
Couldn't rep you again.................
Very accurate description of most perps.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:00 PM

Dano I covered ya fer that rep. if not for your quote i would have missed the post too, so you get a rep (incoming)

I am like tin, in that I was raised rural and guns were just part of day to day life. Still are, maybe more so, since self defence wasn't very high on my list as a child. with social break downs in the mid 80's on SD became much more important than it had been.

My family has paid in split blood too, but never again.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:02 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
A full auto AA12 could take out anything close range, imagine if used in bad hands with the high capacity drum mags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhstuvzMiB0
Where is this available to civilians may I ask?

Old 01-19-2011, 04:12 PM

OZ, I am not sure it is on the shelf yet, but when it is i might buy one. The first one i saw 'gunny' had on Lock and load. That one was full auto, but this will probably come out in semi too. If it doesn't i might break down and get my stamp. That thing is very cool.

Probably mount it on my bike! Waugh!

Old 01-19-2011, 04:16 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Dano I covered ya fer that rep. if not for your quote i would have missed the post too, so you get a rep (incoming)

I am like tin, in that I was raised rural and guns were just part of day to day life. Still are, maybe more so, since self defence wasn't very high on my list as a child. with social break downs in the mid 80's on SD became much more important than it had been.

My family has paid in split blood too, but never again.
It will always amaze me how some folks will place the life and needs of the criminal above those who obey the law. Nothing you own is as valuable as the life of the criminal. Tell that to the thousands of victims.
I have very little compassion for the thug who targets the weak. Why work for it, or earn it when you can just take it from those who do work.
How do you rehabilitate someone who feels the only thing they did wrong was getting caught? More to the point why even try? Will it bring back the victims sense of security? Their peace of mind?
Some put their security in the hands of the police. I shoot with cops and one thing I do know is none so far can shoot my groups. Most simply shoot enough to make qualification. They can't protect themselves so how will they protect me?
Shotgun, rifle or pistol whatever it takes, use it to stop the thug. Homeowners Insurance will pay to clean up the mess.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:25 PM

168 posts, read 482,772 times
The famous last words of many victims of crime:

"I wish I had owned a gun so I could stop him from doing the sick things to my loved one as I bled to death."

Old 01-19-2011, 04:25 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,079,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
In Oct 05 i toured parts of Az on a motorcycle with my wife, and anytime I asked strangers for road directions, I chose openly armed men. To me that meant i was asking a law abiding citizen, and would get a reasonable and reliable answer. Worked 100%.
We're a raucous bunch, ain't we?

Just last year our state legislature passed a law that allows law abiding citizens to carry concealed without a permit.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:27 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,079,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercone View Post
The famous last words of many victims of crime:

"I wish I had owned a gun so I could stop him from doing the sick things to my loved one as I bled to death."
And some folks think that a dog and an alarm system will do the trick.

Still.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies