Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 02:44 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,667 times

Advertisements

Jan Brewer wants state lawmakers & voters to grant her greater control over Arizona finances by giving her the sole authority to cut government spending without seeking legislative approval.
(many of her own republican party members are very uncomfortable with this)

This is the woman who presented the most recent bill that will take health care completely away from almost 300 thousand people in Arizona.

Before you balk & say the money is needed, consider this:

This bill will save 542million to help a projected budget deficit of 1.15 billion dollars in 2012.
It will forfeit more than 1 billion in federal dollars.
It completely eliminates care for 5200 of the most seriously mentally ill in AZ.
It will result in 42,000 jobs lost immediatly from tramua centers & hospitals that will close.

Jan Brewer refused to consider any cuts to tax loopholes in Arizona such as country club memberships,spa treatments or facelifts that could save our state 10 billion dollars.

How can anyone not believe this is cronyism & favoritism for the rich?

Asking the 'have's' to pay tax on a spa treatment so that some of the poor won't get sick without health care wouldn't even hurt them in the least & they would probably agree.

Jan Brewer is evil personified!
To even tell the people of Arizona that she cares about them is an outright lie when after the recent tragedy that happened in Tucson this bill cuts the care completely for 5200 of the most mentally ill & keeps them or puts them on our streets without care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 02:53 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,743,008 times
I believe there is an organization you can contribute money to for transplant help. It was the NTA or some such name. I am sure if you can give money to this, it would benifit someone down the line. Not all transplant recipients are able to get the organs even when they are available due to non compatibilty. Dollars only stretch so far and we will all be facing some serious cuts in the future. Even CA is looking at cutting funds across the board.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:58 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I often compare to to "The Picture of Dorian Gray" character. Can you imagine what the pictures hidden in their closets must look like? Although with Brewer, her ugly and selfish soul is already written on her face.
You have certainly revealed yourself in this type of statement, also.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I believe there is an organization you can contribute money to for transplant help. It was the NTA or some such name. I am sure if you can give money to this, it would benifit someone down the line. Not all transplant recipients are able to get the organs even when they are available due to non compatibilty. Dollars only stretch so far and we will all be facing some serious cuts in the future. Even CA is looking at cutting funds across the board.
This goes way beyond the people on the transplant lists now.

Do you think a governor should have sole authority to have complete say over the state budget without the approval of the legislature?
(to be fair, she doesn't yet because it has to be voted on by voters & state lawmakers)

What is your opinion of a Governor who refuses to consider cutting tax loophole for spa treatments, facelifts & country club memberships which could generate a saving of 10 billion dollars for AZ?

Would you call it wrong to take from the poor whilest the rich continue to enjoy their wealth without paying taxes on luxury things such as this?

Old 01-23-2011, 06:52 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,732,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Steven Daglas, an Illinois State GOP Central Committeeman, worked with several others to analyze the Arizona state budget and finances to develop funding solutions that would allow the state to fully fund the transplants for all of the remaining patients without actually raising any new revenue. The possible solutions included using $2 million from an AIG settlement that the state of Arizona will receive or transferring $1.2 million in funds that Arizona once planned to use to build bridges for endangered squirrels.

Why is this an issue for the AZ governor? And why would an IL Senator get involved in AZ issues?

Old 01-23-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Why is this an issue for the AZ governor? And why would an IL Senator get involved in AZ issues?
I believe the Senator from IL heard what Arizona has done & was offering some possible solutions or suggestions so that people didn't have to die.
There is human life hanging in the balance here & I think all our politicans should work together when it comes to helping one another to find solutions rather than allowing any Americans to just die & mind their own business, don't you?

Old 01-23-2011, 09:00 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,996,842 times
To add on to all of Sindey's true and important statements, I just have to say I don't think any of you "out there" quite comprehend what is going on in AZ.

Do not move here, #1. You will only be miserable. #2. Get the word out about what a nutcase state this place really is. #3. Realize that there is true evil out there and Jan Brewer is the face of it.

I'd point you all to a site to show you just how life is here. I can't though. If anyone is interested, I suppose you can PM me. Don't think that is against the rules.

I just cannot tell you what it's like to live here with the politics in this place. People suffer, no one cares. It's a very transient place, a lonely place, a place where the poor and downtrodden are forgotten.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
To add on to all of Sindey's true and important statements, I just have to say I don't think any of you "out there" quite comprehend what is going on in AZ.

Do not move here, #1. You will only be miserable. #2. Get the word out about what a nutcase state this place really is. #3. Realize that there is true evil out there and Jan Brewer is the face of it.

I'd point you all to a site to show you just how life is here. I can't though. If anyone is interested, I suppose you can PM me. Don't think that is against the rules.

I just cannot tell you what it's like to live here with the politics in this place. People suffer, no one cares. It's a very transient place, a lonely place, a place where the poor and downtrodden are forgotten.
Truer words about this state & it's governor have not been spoken......

Old 01-23-2011, 09:32 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,996,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Truer words about this state & it's governor have not been spoken......
Well, one thing that I've wondered about...they've managed to segregate all the homeless into one area. I am not quite sure why. Yes, they receive "services" but a year or so ago a manager at the shelter was shot and killed. I don't know. This place is strange. I have walked through the men's shelter at night and it looked like something out of a movie - like a concentration camp with bodies all over the place on the ground.

I've volunteered with the homeless and can say at times it was downright scary, what with the SMI (seriously mentally ill) and drug populations not to mention those recently released from prison. Jan Brewer is only going to worsen the situation.

Things are only going to get worse.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Well, one thing that I've wondered about...they've managed to segregate all the homeless into one area. I am not quite sure why. Yes, they receive "services" but a year or so ago a manager at the shelter was shot and killed. I don't know. This place is strange.

I've volunteered with the homeless and can say at times it was downright scary, what with the SMI (seriously mentally ill) and drug populations not to mention those recently released from prison. Jan Brewer is only going to worsen the situation.

Things are only going to get worse.
You know until you said it I didn't realize how true that is in recent years.

I can't understand the thinking that would put that many seriously mentally ill on our streets without any medications or supervison & create thousands of more job losses.

This place is nuts or filled with people who just don't give a dam or are to stressed out trying themselves to stay above water in these hard times.

I don't see anything good coming from this except the continued tax breaks for those getting the spa treatments......wonder why Jan isn't getting a face lift since she doesn't have to pay tax on it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies