Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 04:22 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
California-Jewel !!! ... Exactly !

It appears as if some of the really smart CDF buddies have already forgotten about the horrendous "ILLEGAL ALIEN" problem that Jan Brewer has been working very hard to remedy in Arizona and in no uncertain terms !

Yeah Right ... She's just so dang Evil and all !

It's a damn shame we don't have an entire boat load of extremely effective Jan Brewer type Govenors in office all over this nation !

Give em hell Jan ! ... You Ole Devil You !

Thanks A Bunch Y'ALL / Old Sgt. Lamar
How is it that the OP asks if she is evil? I don't see her as evil having to make some very hard and fast budget cuts and taking a stand on the illegal imigration issue. Takes guts in my opinion. Just because a leader takes a stand different than you would take, does not make them evil. Here again is more left wing "vitriol." I don't think Obama is evil just not very presidential. Wait until Brown starts the cutting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 04:26 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
There were other options than sentencing some people to death here in AZ that were suggested to the Governor before she made the decision to cut the medical benefits of the poor.
These suggestions were originally made by the Republican party.

I do not understand.
How can anyone who believes this is OK or even a good thing to do call themselves a patriotic American knowing that we can now allow fellow citizens to die if they are not currently cost effective?
It's hypocritical & it disgusts me.
Since when did transplants become a right in this country? I am not being mean and seriously wished they were free for all, but the reality is they are very, very expensive and even the governments could not provide all the body parts needed. Too bad that some who are poor and according to Obama's health care rationing, the old, will pay the ultimate price but some even with insurance pay that price as well. Perhaps some church fundraisers, media attention to garner some funds would help. Look what we raised for Haiti.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:03 PM

7,928 posts, read 9,152,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Yes it is, sadly.....it just makes me depressed to think that some people actually think this way & they call themselves patriotic.

As long as I live & breath it will never be OK with me that any other citizen in my country dies because 1 person made a decision on this when in fact, her own party members had other options & she refused to even look at them & then she blames the media.
It will never be OK with me that those who are anti abortion, accept this & some actually believe it is OK for another to die because their medical coverage was denied or cut in our country.
How quickly we all forget "but for the grace of GOD go I".
But its NOT one person who gets to decide the budget of a state. The legislature of Arizona should be finding a way to pay for this service if it is possible.

Almost every state will have to do some pretty severe cutting over the next 2 years. The stimulus money given to the states was misspent, causing even deeper cuts now. I know in NY last years' budget was bad, but we received stimulus money and RAISED spending by almost 10%. Now we need to make draconian cuts.

Also, I believe a few years back Oregon enacted a controversial list of what will and won't be covered by Medicaid.

BTW, other states are looking to emulate Oregon's controversial Medicaid cuts.

Oregon could be model for Wisconsin's Medicaid cuts
From the link:
Oregon officials had public meetings before a commission of providers and patients started ranking services in 1994.

Every two years, based on the amount of funding available, the legislature draws a line on the list of services, covering only those above the line. This year, 502 of 679 services made the cut.

To rank services, points are awarded for a variety of factors, including the cost and effectiveness of treatment, the condition's impact on health and suffering and an overall ranking of health care categories, with maternity and newborn care on top.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:37 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,922,886 times
the definition of a death panel right there. i dont think she is stupid enough though to end up not giving them the transplants.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:52 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
What does the "illegal problem out of whack" have to do with funding for patients who need transplants? Seriously. I don't know how the two would relate to each other.

IMO, she is enormously self-interested. Isn't this the woman who got called on her false claims that there were decapitated bodies strewn all around the desert out there? It wasn't true.

She appears to me to be very coldly self-interested and selfish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Two republican's disagreeing over policy decisions isn't "vitriolic." It's called holding public officials accountable for their decisions, and it's our job as citizens--especially when those decisions have a life or death impact on real human beings. If he had painted a target on her head, said she should be shot, or used a picture of her as target practice, then you'd have a point. Do you really, seriously, not understand the difference?

For the record--from a Christian perspective (a real one, not just one who wears it on her arm for show), I can't see how failing to save human lives when you have the ability to do it (especially when they've shown her how she can find the funds) is anything BUT evil. Sometimes people really are bad. Just sayin...
everyone keeps complaining that the state of arizona is being so heartless in cutting the budget, and not funding these transplants. what everyone forgets is that state funding is limited, and has to be apportioned carefully to cover all the required social spending that the federal government has mandated on the states. and dont forget that arizona, along with many other states, has a balanced budget requirement.

in the end we cannot save everybody, and it is extremely expensive to try. if these transplant patients get their transplants, then how does arizona fund other less expensive medical procedures for the large numbers of arizona residents, and the illegal aliens that are here? what happens to those that cant afford primary medical care? or the needed prescription drugs to keep them reasonably healthy? where will the diabetics who need their insulin, but cannot afford it, get the insulin they need?

stop blaming brewer for things that are beyond her control. if you really want these people to get their transplants, how about YOU pony up some cash for them? start a foundation that will pay for these things that the government cannot pay for.

in the end we the people have to stop looking to the government for all the answers to our problems.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:03 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times
Yes, she is, and I live in AZ.

She cut KidsCare even though the state would have GAINED money from the Federal government by keeping it. So just where do you think these kids are going to end up when they get sick? And who do you think is going to end up paying for it anyway?

I'm trying to figure out a way to get the H out of here but just don't know where else to go.

She doesn't have a heart, she doesn't have a college degree (which is quite common here but one would think it might be a requirement to be governor) and she ended up as governor by default. Of course, her ill-founded SB1070 and the conservatives in this state got her elected. Bunch of morons where I live.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You don't know the entire story.

Jan Brewer is a fantastic leader who takes her oath of office seriously.
How? By lying about decapitations in the desert? I bet that helped the tourism industry here. How? By putting forth SB1070 and getting AZ boycotted and putting us on the map as the laughingstock of the country? We don't need any help in that area. Look who McCain picked as his running mate.

Or, why don't you go ahead and just tell us the entire story?

Old 01-12-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
the definition of a death panel right there. i dont think she is stupid enough though to end up not giving them the transplants.
Wrong.

LiveLeak.com - Jan Brewer's Death Panel - Second AZ Citizen Dies After Denial of Transplant

Old 01-12-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
everyone keeps complaining that the state of arizona is being so heartless in cutting the budget, and not funding these transplants. what everyone forgets is that state funding is limited, and has to be apportioned carefully to cover all the required social spending that the federal government has mandated on the states. and dont forget that arizona, along with many other states, has a balanced budget requirement.

in the end we cannot save everybody, and it is extremely expensive to try. if these transplant patients get their transplants, then how does arizona fund other less expensive medical procedures for the large numbers of arizona residents, and the illegal aliens that are here? what happens to those that cant afford primary medical care? or the needed prescription drugs to keep them reasonably healthy? where will the diabetics who need their insulin, but cannot afford it, get the insulin they need?

stop blaming brewer for things that are beyond her control. if you really want these people to get their transplants, how about YOU pony up some cash for them? start a foundation that will pay for these things that the government cannot pay for.

in the end we the people have to stop looking to the government for all the answers to our problems.
Did you not read the OP? Plus, she cut KidsCare even though this state would have gained 30 or 40 million from the Fed govt.

The Arizona Eagle: Brewer & GOP hurt kids with cuts to health, schools

Old 01-12-2011, 09:18 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
The Wicked Witch of the West. A quarter million people have fled the state and we have fallen to 49th in poverty under her leadership
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies