Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 11:42 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,364 times

Advertisements

Glenn Beck is a slimy piece of ****. I watched the first 5 minutes of his show on Monday just to see what he'd say. Here's the approximate breakdown of what happened:

Beck: I watched TV all weekend waiting for somebody to say STOP IT! but nobody did...

(Actually, Keith Olbermann did on Saturday night during his special comment, and APOLOGIZED for any part of the rhetoric he involved himself. Did Beck apologize? NO.)

Beck (continues): It's time for this to stop. Do you see what the left wing is doing? They're trying to pin this on us!

(So much for STOP IT!)

And then I shut it off. That was all I needed to hear from this right-wing, self-serving **** stain.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:58 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,095,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I guess you just don't get it. The Democratic party has been hijacked by the Progressives, those are the voices you hear when you hear all the bitching and moaning coming from the left. Those are the poeple I'm talking about, not normal "old school" Democrats. THOSE are the people who are afraid to sign that thing because it contradicts what they promised their supporters.
Sour, again, this is much the same as what I was talking about.

One could just as easily argue that the Republican Party has been hijacked by Corporatist Neo-Conservatives with moral agendas and that our only fiscally-conservative option remains rudimentary Tea Party members who you wonder how they achieved a high school diploma and seem to still have the same odd, moral agenda that Neo-Cons do. Either way, we have a complete disconnect between the parties and their people. And in light of opposing ideologies, politics has never been more gray.

You make it seem black and white, right and wrong, good and evil, Republican v. Democrat - all I'm left to ponder is how someone who appears so well meaning and intelligent could think in such an elementary manner when it comes to politics. If you think either party has your best interests in mind, think again.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
But if this is untrue, what is the objection? Isn't the specific objection to this part making it look like they they may support the other statements BUT NOT THIS ONE?

Seems like this would provide a golden opportunity to disprove Beck. At least by verbally stating an agreement with all the pledge intentions even if not choosing to sign.

I think MM's response makes them look suspicious.

Using this same logic, the fact that Glenn Beck prepared his stupid pledge is proof that he was partially responsible for the shooting in Tucson. Afterall, if the allegations of his responsibility were untrue, why would he object, right?

Same goes for Sarah Palin and her disastrous video response. If she didn't think she shared some blame for the shooting, why would she object.

Beck's pledge is a cheap morning disk jockey style gimmick. How many Republicans would sign a pledge created by a progressive radio host that included a statement like:

I denounce everyone that attempts to use the legislative or constitutional amendment process to take away civil rights from Americans.

If they refused to sign that pledge, would it mean that Republicans are in favor of taking away our civil rights? Or, just like the Dems would it simply mean that they are not going to sign an amateurish pledge that includes a stupid dog whistle style statement designed solely to amuse the extremists?

Old 01-13-2011, 12:42 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
Sour, again, this is much the same as what I was talking about.

One could just as easily argue that the Republican Party has been hijacked by Neo-Conservatives and Tea Party members. Either way, we have a disconnect between the parties and their people. And in light of opposing ideologies, politics has never been more gray.

You make it seem black and white, right and wrong, good and evil - all I'm left to ponder is how someone who appears so well meaning and intelligent could think in such an elementary manner when it comes to politics.
You are in the dark about what is really going on. My suggestion to you is to pay attention and learn some history and compare to what is going on today. It IS black and white when you are talking about a group of people who are hell bent on taking our current system down. Didn't you know that is what they are trying to do? Haven't you been listening? What does "Fundamentally Transform the United States of America" mean to you? Does it mean the same thing to you as it does to the people who actually said this?
Do you think it is normal for politicians to NOT read bills consisting of thousands of pages written by lobbyist groups? You know why they are doing this right? Because it isn't about what the poeple want, it's ALL about what THEY want and how they can gain control of everything.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:18 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
If you need some fool like Beck or Olbermann to define your political ideology on a nightly basis you have already lost the battle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies