Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 08:49 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Why do you agree with this (against Americans) and not with me?

Our jobs have been outsourced. If it weren't for this, this woman would have just turned around and gotten herself another admin job (which was most likely outsourced to India).
My post was against Americans?
My post was against people who are morons, who quit jobs with nothing on the horizon.
It's against people who refuse to accept personal responsibility for their actions.
If you quit your job today and whine about not having a job, who is to blame?
YOU ARE.
It's work, it's a 4-letter word.
How many people do you really think are personally fulfilled by their jobs?

You can't blame others for pig headed, irresponsible actions and behaviors that result in your economic downfall.

Quote:
Sorry, I will blame the greedsters who have outsourced our jobs (like office jobs which she could have turned around and got) before I blame her. This bashing of each other as Americans and lack of compassion in favor of Wall Street is starting to get on my nerves.

Speaking of choosing to breed, I volunteer each week where most likely I serve undocumenteds. I look in the little faces of their kids and my first thought is NOT how stupid they are to breed. My first thought is to see their kids get food they need.

You can talk all day long about responsibility, but when these kids are here and born, we have to look out for them.
She was a teacher.
Her job was NOT outsourced.

There are problems in this world, in the United States, but you can't blame others for stupid decision on your part.
If you have kids, you are responsible for caring for those kids; quitting a job so that you can play for the summer is crazy.
Teaching jobs have never been easy to come by and if she lives in lala land, perhaps she should not have decided to breed, because she and her bad decisions, made life for herself and her spawn difficult.

Last edited by chielgirl; 01-13-2011 at 09:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I will blame the greedsters who have outsourced our jobs (like office jobs which she could have turned around and got) before I blame her. This bashing of each other as Americans and lack of compassion in favor of Wall Street is starting to get on my nerves.

Speaking of choosing to breed, I volunteer each week where most likely I serve undocumenteds. I look in the little faces of their kids and my first thought is NOT how stupid they are to breed. My first thought is to see their kids get food they need.

You can talk all day long about responsibility, but when these kids are here and born, we have to look out for them.
My opinion is that everyone is stupid to breed. But, hey, that's just my opinioin.

You have a job, why wasn't it outsourced by the "greedsters?"
Interesting how you pick and choose.

What does Wall Street have to do with education and teaching?

The world is not a scapegoat for bad personal decisions.

Quote:
She decided to become a teacher! That job that others say there will always be a shortage of, yunno?

Again, I do not understand this let's bash our fellow American attitude when the truth is that even if she could not get a teaching job, had her job not been outsourced to India, she could have gone back to a job like that.
So not true.
It was difficult getting a teaching job when I was a teacher in the 1970s, so I found work in a different field.
Was her education in the sciences? Probably not.

You keep saying that her job was outsourced to India, it was not.
Please provide some proof of your statements.
Otherwise, quit blaming others for this woman's stupid personal decision.

We all make choices, hers was stupid.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:58 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times
Chiel girl, you have revealed yourself as a right winger. I always thought the opposite. I must have had you confused with someone else.

Oh, and you really need to change that "aging hippie" thing to "sell out."

Last edited by mistygrl092; 01-13-2011 at 09:06 PM..

Old 01-13-2011, 09:02 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
Do you think that had she held onto her admin job until a teaching position had opened up, she would be out of work now?

Old 01-13-2011, 09:05 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Do you think that had she held onto her admin job until a teaching position had opened up, she would be out of work now?
I don't know. And you don't either.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Chiel girl, you have revealed yourself as a right winger. I always thought the opposite. I must have had you confused with someone else.
You seem to be all over this forum lately screeching that anyone who doesn't agree with you is a "right winger".

The woman in question quit a job without another one lined up. Not sure that's a partisan issue but rather one that speaks to personal responsibility and good life choices.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I am saying a lot of office jobs have been outsourced to India. Also, teaching is now becoming a virtual thing. If you want or need to blame "someone," either blame the outsourcers or the college sales liars who say teaching jobs will always be in demand!

BTW, I never got an answer to my question (not necessarily from you). Just how much is "enough" to fall back on?

Oh, and re: never leave your job unless you have another one? It depends on whether you are on the chopping block or not. I would certainly rather quit than get fired (and I don't mean laid off).
How much to fall back on is an individual thing; a few years ago 6 months was the rule of thumb.
Personally, I have over $100k somewhat liquid that I can access.
That doesn't count my retirement accounts.

You're the one blaming others for this woman's stupid behavior. Have you reread your posts objectively?
Sheesh.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I don't know. And you don't either.
That doesn't excuse her giving up a job before she had another one. Especially when she had children to support.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:12 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Uncertain.

With that stated, if she stayed with her admin job and then got laid off I would sympathize with her situation 100 percent. But quitting and then 'coasting' through the summer and burning her savings with the anticipation that she would have a full-time teaching job on the other side makes me do this >>> I would never do or recommend this no matter what the state of the economy.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:16 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
That doesn't excuse her giving up a job before she had another one. Especially when she had children to support.
from what the article said she already had a teaching internship. By the time she was finished with that is economy was falling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies