Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:04 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
When is a W-2 used for anything other than income reporting?
It will be now to show that the companies are providing insurance benefits, however it specifically states that its not taxable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You forgot "yet".
And there is no evidence whatsoever that it will be taxable now or anytime in the future....

Old 01-14-2011, 10:31 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
And there is no evidence whatsoever that it will be taxable now or anytime in the future....
It was heavily discussed as a method of paying for Obamacare so you could understand my wariness. As asked by someone earlier, yes the W-2 is the method of defining personal compensation. That's why it's called the Wage and Tax Statement. Simply, this screams for abuse and when Obamacare proves to be way too expensive, it will be just so darn easy to tax our health care benefits. Guess I've become a bit of a cynic after the last four years of Dems in the majority in Congress.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:34 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
When is a W-2 used for anything other than income reporting?
Pull out last years W-2, look at boxes 10-14.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
It was heavily discussed as a method of paying for Obamacare so you could understand my wariness. As asked by someone earlier, yes the W-2 is the method of defining personal compensation. That's why it's called the Wage and Tax Statement. Simply, this screams for abuse and when Obamacare proves to be way too expensive, it will be just so darn easy to tax our health care benefits. Guess I've become a bit of a cynic after the last four years of Dems in the majority in Congress.
Again the fact is the compensation mentioned is NOT taxable and there is no indication whatsoever that it will be in the future. Anything else is simply made up conspiracy theory bs with absolutely no evidence to back it up. The only thing it screams is what conspiracy theorists say it screams....

Old 01-14-2011, 10:42 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Again the fact is the compensation mentioned is NOT taxable and there is no indication whatsoever that it will be in the future. Anything else is simply made up conspiracy theory bs with absolutely no evidence to back it up. The only thing it screams is what conspiracy theorists say it screams....
Okay. Well you have your beliefs and I have mine. I have my doubts and based upon the discussion during this bill and the sheer cost of Obamacare, I consider them legitimate doubts.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:45 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
You forgot "yet".
Do you really think that the politicians in this country would pass a law to tax themselves. Think about it, they get government paid health care. Their own taxes would go up (on the other hand, they would put in an exemption just for themselves)

Old 01-14-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Okay. Well you have your beliefs and I have mine. I have my doubts and based upon the discussion during this bill and the sheer cost of Obamacare, I consider them legitimate doubts.
Having legitimate doubts about the bill is one thing, making up a bunch of conspiracy nonsense and flat out lies such as the benefit amount counts as taxable income is something totally different. Its made up with not even a sliver of evidence to support it other than conspiracy theory.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:48 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times
OK, three pages trying to "debunk" one of the tax hikes. Now lets see some counters to the dozen other taxes listed there.

I will be waiting.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
OK, three pages trying to "debunk" one of the tax hikes. Now lets see some counters to the dozen other taxes listed there.

I will be waiting.

Ok, well this one

Quote:
Elimination of tax deduction for employer-provided retirement Rx drug coverage in coordination with Medicare Part D
The tax deduction isn't eliminated, nor is the subsidy. Corporations can no longer deduct the tax-free subsidy they receive from the government, as their OWN expense. However, they still get the tax free subsidy as 28% of the cost, and still get to deduct the amount they actually spend on the benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies