Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 10:25 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,145 times

Advertisements

That's a good one that I'll have to remember!! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 10:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Blacks who murder Whites are 15 times more likely to be executed than if they murdered other Blacks, so says a report from Amnesty International USA. And according to a report done by USA today on November 19, 2007 about the sons and daughters of the black middle class: 45% of black children from those families end up "near poor," Pew reported. The comparable number for white families is 16%.

So please keep your remarks about how black people in the US have it so much better than white people for yourself, thanks...
and how about your not telling us, in our country how to think or how to respond to comments and threads that are deliberately started to stir up trouble.

NIta

Old 01-15-2011, 10:32 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Have you ever been falsely accused of something? Were you happy to just sit there and allow a false accusation against you to stand unchallenged? If so, you know why a lot of white people get angry when the race card is played. Fact is, its simply played way too much, very often when there is no racism involved at all.
In College, I took a sociology class about race, and I remember a discussion about how the society thinks some black people are quick to accuse people of performing a racially discriminating act without carefully analysing the situation.

After the whole discussion, I remember the professor making a comment about the fact that there are existing studies that show most blacks actually do carefully analyse the situaton before accusing people of said act.

The Media is feeding you BS.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:35 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Lightbulb What Whites don't have....

They don't have a United White College Fund.

They don't have a White Entertainment Channel .

They don't have a White Caucus.

They don't have WhitePlanet.com..

They don't have a MalcomX Institute for White Studies ..

They don't have a National Association of White Airline Pilots...

Old 01-15-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
I remember the professor making a comment about the fact that there are existing studies that show most blacks actually do carefully analyse the situaton before accusing people of said act.

The Media is feeding you BS.

Evidently, your professor didn't take into consideration certain entities which are all too quick to pull out the race card at the drop of a hat.....say people like Al Sharpton and groups like the NAACP, who see the entire world and practically everything that happens in terms of race.

When you cannot possibly think that ObamaCare for example is not right for America without being labeled a racist by many in that same media or by certain entities, then they are defying the "facts" your professor espoused.

As I said before, the race card today is just an easy tool to use to stifle any possible constructive debate so you can avoid having to defend your position.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:08 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Because we know it's b.s. and is used as a crutch for so-called minority entitlement programs, to excuse bad behavior, or escape personal responsibility.

Next.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:09 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,924,430 times
there is a great vid on youtube of a black male and a white male similar age, in the same field, going into st. louis and just doing daily things like looking for a job, looking for a car, finding a place to live.

the whites who whine about blacks complaining about racism haven't gone through it. some may push it when it doesn't need it, but i'm sure most of the complaints are valid.

granted, that video was 20/20, back in 1991, but im sure a lot of that stuff is out there, in terms of response times in being served, being tailed in a store, paying more down on a car, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyL5E...eature=related

Old 01-15-2011, 11:31 AM

Nothing in that video surprises me one bit.

I don't have any problem with Blacks that complain about racism when it actually applies. They've ever right to.

But the term "race card" by definition alludes to using race as a tool when it doesn't apply.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:35 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
They (the NAACP) raise Cain about schools using MLK Day to make up snow days, but I'm sure it would be okay with them to use Presidents' Day. (Sorry George and Abe).

Old 01-15-2011, 11:38 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Because most white people are not racist.

It's humiliating and angering when you are always portrayed as being as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies