Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Pelosi be removed because she is incompetent
Yes, get some help for her. 16 53.33%
No, she is doing fine. 10 33.33%
I really don't care, I don't live in her district. 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 06:20 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
They sure do need an exam. Funny to see some on hear being so offended for Pelosi when the same people start attack thread after attack thread against Palin and others.

Pelosi LOST the Dems many seats because of her insane crazy statements and how the Dems continued to support her insanity. Hello? The people noticed
"see some on HEAR (sic) being so offended"..........would you agree that we ALL make mistakes and those little mistakes don't mean we're mentally unstable or illiterate or uneducated?

Old 01-15-2011, 06:25 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
please, as with anyone who does public speaking for a living or has to talk in public day after day, year after year, with each word recorded and gone over with a fine tooth comb, someone is bound to find something they don't like.

again no one has posted anything of substance the woman has done wrong. in both these cases you post a "sound bite"

sound bites is all her detractors have, never do they take into account the entirety of her statements.
Please tell us what the entirety of her statement was when she called cold blooded murders an accident.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:32 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Please tell us what the entirety of her statement was when she called cold blooded murders an accident.
Not just this statement.......don't forget the one she made regarding circumventing the legislative process to get the healthcare agenda passed. To me, THAT was over the top.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:46 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Not just this statement.......don't forget the one she made regarding circumventing the legislative process to get the healthcare agenda passed. To me, THAT was over the top.
You mean reconciliation? Actually, that is a legislative process, albeit one that the minority power invariably dislikes. It's one that's been used occasionally over the years -- for example, to pass the 2003 tax cuts. I don't recall anyone declaring that Speaker of the House Hastert was mentally ill for using reconciliation in that instance.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:30 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
You mean reconciliation? Actually, that is a legislative process, albeit one that the minority power invariably dislikes. It's one that's been used occasionally over the years -- for example, to pass the 2003 tax cuts. I don't recall anyone declaring that Speaker of the House Hastert was mentally ill for using reconciliation in that instance.
No, not reconcilliation. I understand the process.

She made statements that if they couldn't get it passed the usual way, they'd find other methods to get it through. She was rather explicit in here terms. I couldn't find the youtube. Maybe it is just an audio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies