Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support a new investigation or not?
I do - too many unanswered questions 62 31.79%
I don't - all has been answered 123 63.08%
I don't know or I'm not sure 10 5.13%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 07:51 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
That seems to by your best argument proffered.

Some of us are curious - would you mind putting forth your worst argument?
Yes, yes we all know the 9/11 commission, Popular Mechanics et al were lies, contemptible lies.

An argument isn't really even needed. However there are some who would argue the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. Some people are impervious to reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 07:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
I wish there was an option for "other" on this poll. I don't think ALL questions have been answered; they never will be. However, I'm not a 'truther'; I don't think 9/11 was an 'inside job', which is what the people calling for yet another investigation want the results to be.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:57 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
There are so many unanswered questions and this event was pivital. What is your take and why do you or do you not support a new investigation?

There will always be questions concerning events in our history. I am still wanting to know more about the civil war, 150 years later. Investigation for what? Spending more taxpayers money to investigate exactly what?

Old 01-15-2011, 08:08 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times
Well, in spite of the 9/11 threads constantly being shot down and yelled down, I think in Misty's unscientific poll, it's pretty interesting that right now 41% are calling for a new investigation. You all do realize this means there are a LOT of people out there who question the "official version" even if they don't advertise it.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Well, in spite of the 9/11 threads constantly being shot down and yelled down, I think in Misty's unscientific poll, it's pretty interesting that right now 41% are calling for a new investigation. You all do realize this means there are a LOT of people out there who question the "official version" even if they don't advertise it.
Yes, a whole 13 people.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:13 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
No, it just means that there are a lot of whack-a-loons in the USA, but I already knew that.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
You can name call all you want, but the fact is (and I do know from my stats classes that n = 100) there are a lot of people out there who have questions....

And, btw, being from Canada, why is this important to you?
A lot of people believe crazy things.

USATODAY.com - Poll: 70% believe Saddam, 9-11 link

"Sixty-nine percent in a Washington Post poll published Saturday said they believe it is likely the Iraqi leader was personally involved in the attacks carried out by al-Qaeda. A majority of Democrats, Republicans and independents believe it's likely Saddam was involved."

Old 01-15-2011, 08:23 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
Quote:
You can name call all you want, but the fact is (and I do know from my stats classes that n = 100) there are a lot of people out there who have questions....

And, btw, being from Canada, why is this important to you?
I think you're forgetting that you've posted your poll in a forum frequented by those who often have their tin foil hats on perhaps a bit too tightly. It would be interesting to see the results of this in a place that had a better representation of the average American.

209 posts, read 240,104 times
Quote:
Yes, I am with you on that. I don't think a new investigation will do any good, as some have already stated, if they lied once they will again and again. To me it is a terrible case of the government implementing the Hegelian Dialect, problem-reaction-solution. They created or allowed the attacks aka the problem, we reacted with horror and fear, and they provided the solution of increased "security" ie the Patriot Act at the bargain price of our liberties. Nothing new, right? Governments of the world have been employing this tactic with a great deal of success for centuries.

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
A lot of people believe crazy things.

USATODAY.com - Poll: 70% believe Saddam, 9-11 link

"Sixty-nine percent in a Washington Post poll published Saturday said they believe it is likely the Iraqi leader was personally involved in the attacks carried out by al-Qaeda. A majority of Democrats, Republicans and independents believe it's likely Saddam was involved."
Well, I think we can thank Faux News in large part for this statistic. Oh, and not to mention a bunch of liars in the former administration. Plus, people must just have to contort their brains given the fact we invaded a country NOT tied to 911.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies