Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 04:32 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times

Advertisements

No, they should not enact a large-capacity gun magazine ban. All it serves to do is make manufacturers and private parties hoard large capacity magazines for selling.. Ever hear of "pre-ban" weapons being sold while a ban is in place? Perfectly legal, and lucrative.. since weapons and weapon parts made before a ban usually do not count as illegal when the ban is in place, it just makes their value go up ridiculously.

I'm in favor of leaving things the way they are.. just because large capacity magazines are available doesn't mean that all gun crimes are committed with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 04:34 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
LOL....

You would have made a good German back in the 40's.
Except for the fact that my children are half jewish!!

Old 01-16-2011, 04:34 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Yes, honestly
Ok.

People like you, who think of themselves and thier comfort levels, more than the importance of liberty and the Constitutionally affirmed rights which make this country unique, are exactly why so many gun owners are so very staunch in protecting their rights.

I think it is sad for America that people like you are so willing to surrender away the freedoms and Constitutionally affirmed rights of individuals and would kiss this country's uniqueness goodbye because it simply isn't important to you. Obviously you are not a student of history and such short sighted thinking is usually what leads to the downfall of free countries.

Shame on YOU and those who think like you!

Old 01-16-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
LMAO

Angry about what? Where did you get THAT idea?

No, not many, but I do have have half a dozen at least. And I have a CCL...even though I really don't carry that often.

Yeah, it is a comforting thought. I can defend my family and home by matching force with force. What do you rely on as your means of taking care of you and yours?
A good security system and the security in knowing that through the efforts of my husband and myself we live in a community that is safe (as it can be). And my killer labrador T-bow!!

Old 01-16-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Ok.

People like you, who think of themselves and thier comfort levels, more than the importance of liberty and the Constitutionally affirmed rights which make this country unique, are exactly why so many gun owners are so very staunch in protecting their rights.

I think it is sad for America that people like you are so willing to surrender away the freedoms and Constitutionally affirmed rights of individuals and would kiss this country's uniqueness goodbye because it simply isn't important to you. Obviously you are not a student of history and such short sighted thinking is usually what leads to the downfall of free countries.

Shame on YOU and those who think like you!
By people like me do you mean a law-abiding, tax paying American? I am not advocating the revocation anyones right to bear arms...just the wisdom not to have anyone armed to that extent. Just a side note, in any of my posts have I resorted to denegrating anyone elses beliefs? Yes or no ? Please

Old 01-16-2011, 05:02 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Default Proper Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
I have no clue. Why don't you tell me?
The response I am replying to could have stopped at the first sentence.

However, in response, there are MANY people who are "X" military, trained not only in the proper use of deadly force, but in making very quick decisions in it's use.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:03 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Except for the fact that my children are half jewish!!
Soros and other Jews didn't mind collaborating with Nazis....

Old 01-16-2011, 05:07 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Soros and other Jews didn't mind collaborating with Nazis....
And there you go. Soros. Someone has been overdosing on Glenn Beck.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:12 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
No.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:14 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,133 times
No.
Banning things does not change basic human characteristics one bit.
The terrorist Timothy McVeigh used a rental truck diesel fuel and fertilizer in the killing of 168 people and the destruction of a Federal Building.
We aren't going to ban rental trucks, diesel fuel or fertilizer. To do so would be silly, not to mention totally useless.
The 9-11 terrorists used box cutters to hijack airplanes. The 9-11 terrorists used those airplanes to kill almost 3,000 people.
We aren't going to ban box-cutters and airplanes and even if we did, it still would NOT work, or PREVENT terrorism.
Banning this or that is a stupid infantile knee-jerk reaction to a crime in a society that refuses to profile possible criminals and refuses to lay the blame at the individual criminals to begin with. We (some of you) are trapped in this notion that there is no such thing as evil and no such thing as crazy evil people.
We (or some of you out there) habitually almost in a rodent like fashion continually jump onto the rat-wheel and run thinking you're getting someplace.
Crime is the result of evil intentions in people, who act on those intentions, not objects.
Objects don't commit crimes, People do. Weak minded people brought up in a touchy-feely P.C. society, a society with out a moral compass are destined to abuse, to use for evil intent anything they get their hands on, be it drugs, cars, money, firearms, tools, boats, airplanes....anything.

If an insane person commits a crime, lock up the insane person.

Last edited by Happy Cells; 01-16-2011 at 05:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies