Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2011, 02:39 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Well when the so called effort raises everyone's premiums up by 30% and you are fined for not buying insurance up to $5000 and there are no actual free anything, then no one likes Obammycare.
They also have things in the bill like any small business with over 4 employees needs to buy healthcare for their people (that is a major jobs and business killer).

What would be the point in introducing a plan that is more expensive than the one already in place,then fining people for not adopting it,
From rhetoric i'm hearing from Obama and the Democratic point of view this would be totally against the initial reason for the bill which would be to give affordable healthcare to all Americans..
Why not a system whereby healthcare is paid for every one through taxes, just like, military,roads,schools,social security,etc. Yes your taxes may go up $50 a paycheck but the benefits and peace of mind that come with it i think are well worth the price..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 02:56 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,494 times
Too many people here who think that government is ran by angels and everything they touch turns into gold. I'll just come back to this thread in a few years to rub it into your face that I told you so. Of course instead of getting smart you will be screaming for even more government control at that time.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:22 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,240,443 times
It is increasing prices for insurance. It is mandating a bunch of coverage that you personally may not need, but must pay for. It doesn't give even close to 100% insurance coverage, let alone that insurance and health care are two separate things. Obamacare will require between $3 and $12 trillion extra taxes and dollars we'll need to borrow, and we're already bankrupt with the Baby Boom getting ready to hit the system. The bureaucracy is so complex it is is called "infinite." Big Pharma, Big Health Care conglomerates, Big Health Insurance, and Big Government think it is perfection for their profits.

What will result when all is done will be the much higher taxes (which is the REAL reason Obama did it); higher prices for insurance AND care, huge new taxes, masses losses of freedom and health care choice, private doctors going away and Big Business taking their place, etc. Paying much more for much less.

And the average American baboon will be thinking whatever his TV network and political party tells him to think, since he's got the IQ of a houseplant. We continue to follow England now that they've proven the path to world irrelevance, loss of hope and prosperity, paying for a mega-military so other nations can have jobs and thriving economies. Why even try anymore; if you pay taxes it's time to Go Galt and let someone else be the World suckers.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:43 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
High prices are probably due to this kind of price gouging.

Quote:
This week CNN covered a story that everyone concerned about high medical costs should view. Their reporters uncovered massive overbillings by hospitals. These outrageous billings included $1,000 for a common toothbrush. You can go to your pharmacy and buy 100 Tylenol pills for $10, yet one hospital billed $140 for a single pill. An alcohol prep pad, a piece of gauze, was billed at $44.00 by a hospital when the retail cost at a pharmacy is 23 cents. In another example a hospital billed an emergency room patient for 41 bags of IV fluid during a 2 hour visit. This of course is impossible.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:22 AM

1,733 posts, read 1,822,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
It is estimated to be due to several different factors:

There is a branch of economics called health care econimics. Considerable time has been spent on waste and efficiency in health care.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:19 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Do you really think that we have a great system now? Aren't you one of the lucky ones that the cost keeps going up and the exceptions keep getting longer? If not, you are real lucky because every one I know that can afford it has been raised with less insurance for years and years.
I've always had insurance because I was smart and didn't quit a job or take a job unless I got insurance. You don't need Daddy Obama to take care of you--do a little planning and make sure your job provides it or you can afford to buy it.

Honestly...the fact that you can now stay on Mommy and Daddy's insurance policy until age 26 is a prime example. Grow up and learn to be an adult.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:46 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I've always had insurance because I was smart and didn't quit a job or take a job unless I got insurance. You don't need Daddy Obama to take care of you--do a little planning and make sure your job provides it or you can afford to buy it.

Honestly...the fact that you can now stay on Mommy and Daddy's insurance policy until age 26 is a prime example. Grow up and learn to be an adult.
How old are you? The reason these adults can stay on their parents policy is because healthcare insurance has become unaffordible. Get it? It maybe that insurance is cheaper in your area but visit my state and see your rates triple for both employer and or employee unless you work for the Fed.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:55 PM

43 posts, read 94,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post

What kills me even more about this 26 is that the dependent can be married!!!!!! It won't cover the spouse, but COME ON! I grew up and was out of the house and completely on my own since I was 19!

Old 01-18-2011, 02:04 PM

43 posts, read 94,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I see these types of bills every day. Not to say that the insurance companies pay the high prices but they are billed. $40 for some Q tips, seriously I see that all the time. And not to mention the claims that pour in that have been paid once and they resubmit them 5-6 times to pay again. Their book keeping is subpar and the administrative costs would go down if the providers would learn how to bill right and keep track of payments. That 5-6 claims they have to pay someone to look at and reject. Pointless.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:16 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Watching the display in the House. The Repubs demonstrating their utter disregard for the American people and openly lying. For what reason?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies