Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 04:02 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,325,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
They wiggle out of it because they will claim that it's all about choices. But the difference is when congress wants an expensive health care plan, we taxpayers have no choice but to pay it. When 0bamaCare drives up the cost of premiums become unaffordable for a health care insurance plan in the private business sector, then the employer cannot just ask the taxpayer to pay it, he has to drop it.
Untrue...Obamacare is not an insurance policy...there's nothing to "wiggle out of"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 04:03 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,823,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yep, which I pay a part of every month.

Like I said, I'm not sweating 15 dollars a month. The majority of the country voted for a Presidential administration and Democratic Congress when they ran on passing a national healthcare plan, and guess what, they passed one.

Its not an attack on my or anyone elses liberty, since it is taxation with representation.

I would like things in the bill fixed, and I've written the President and my congressmen accordingly, but it is the will of the people.

Only 23% polled want it repealed, over 60% want it fixed in some way, most want it to do more.
Employees have had their contribution to their insurance plan go up 147% over the last 10 yrs, that's almost 15% per year. That is not going to start changing much until 2014. I have no idea why anyone would think otherwise. Certainly nobody from the Obama Admin told anybody otherwise, no matter what FOX tells them they said.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:05 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,342,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Employees have had their contribution to their insurance plan go up 147% over the last 10 yrs, that's almost 15% per year. That is not going to start changing much until 2014. I have no idea why anyone would think otherwise. Certainly nobody from the Obama Admin told anybody otherwise, no matter what FOX tells them they said.
I know for the previous three years, my plan or my "contribution" didn't change.

Our companies insurance company (UHC) actually sent out a nice little letter showing how much, and why we were going to have to pay a little extra due to the bill.

Like I said, no sweat off my back. I can afford 15 dollars a month.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:09 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,499,230 times
Quote:
Employees should pay 100 % of their own damn insurance. Having someone else pay it causes prices to rise.

If Obama was serious about getting premiums reasonable he would outlaw employer funded insurance. And he would lift mandates. And he would stop paying medical colleges to turn away doctors.

Then costs would come down. Everything the government has done the last 50 years to "fix" health care costs has made it more expensive.

But there are some people gullible to think Obama Care is going to work? LOLs.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:10 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,342,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Employees should pay 100 % of their own damn insurance. Having someone else pay it causes prices to rise.

If Obama was serious about getting premiums reasonable he would outlaw employer funded insurance. And he would lift mandates. And he would stop paying medical colleges to turn away doctors.

Then costs would come down. Everything the government has done the last 50 years to "fix" health care costs has made it more expensive.

But there are some people gullible to think Obama Care is going to work? LOLs.
Um, thats not how the free market works.

My company wants to keep the best talent possible. So they give us a great insurance plan, as well as other perks along with good pay.

If my company wants to furnish me a private jet because they deem me worthy to do so, then its none of anyone elses business.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:34 PM

46,217 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Now do you understand that "Obamacare" is itself is not an insurance policy?
I never said it was,

But what I am wondering....what do "gold coins" have to do with any type of medical care?

If you have read the bill......you must be able to explain this to me....

Old 01-17-2011, 04:41 PM

817 posts, read 851,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Exactly. The Obama health care bill is to give insurance to those that otherwise can't qualify, or can't afford it. People who have insurance currently will not be affected, and those in congress i'm sure have world class coverage.
Medicare is for those who can't afford it. Who doesn't qualify? Over 90% of employers waive pre existing conditions.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:45 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,823,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
Medicare is for those who can't afford it. Who doesn't qualify? Over 90% of employers waive pre existing conditions.
???? Wow, and we wonder why there are people who have difficulty knowing what the HC Law is about.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:49 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,681,234 times
No one said it's the best thing going. Military and congress have far superior universal health care. It's a major step in the right direction toward providing basic coverage to all, which is the only moral stance one could take.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:50 PM

46,217 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
???? Wow, and we wonder why there are people who have difficulty knowing what the HC Law is about.
And you have not answered my question about gold coins....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies