Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 03:35 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times

Advertisements

Someday before I die I'd really like to see Bush/Cheney Inc. brought to justice for their war crimes. If no trials are held during Obama's time none will ever be held since this is the Republicans dirty secret.

Exclusive: DoJ veteran sees ‘dangerous precedent’ in letting Bush officials walk | Raw Story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 03:45 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Someday before I die I'd really like to see Bush/Cheney Inc. brought to justice for their war crimes. If no trials are held during Obama's time none will ever be held since this is the Republicans dirty secret.

Exclusive: DoJ veteran sees ‘dangerous precedent’ in letting Bush officials walk | Raw Story
Since 0bama is following in Bush's footsteps, in in some cases even deepening them, is 0bama's DoJ going to prosecute 0bama Inc. too?

Old 01-17-2011, 03:47 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Clinton's war crimes in Bosnia are the Democrats dirty little secret.
Bosnia and Clinton’s radical Islamists | ISLAMIC TERRORISM AND RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION
Did you actively call for Clinton to be brought to justice for war crimes?

Old 01-17-2011, 03:48 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:

Nixon was right.

When an executive breaks a law, they haven't broken the law, because they are the President.

Its been that way since at least 1972, and no President elected is going to go back on that.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:55 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:

Another call for Bush to be tried for war crimes. Will the the left ever get over thier special hatred for Bush? EVERY president in US history has had to engage in "dirty little jobs" in order to keep the nation safe- EVERY PRESIDENT. If one were looking at presidents more "guilty" of war crimes, I guess I would list Andrew Jackson, Lincoln, McKinley, Roosevelt (both TR and FDR), Wilson, Truman, Johnson, Kennedy, Clinton, and Obama.

It is time to grow up. The dirty buisness of keeping the nation safe is not always pretty, but necessary in a dirty world. Calling for the trial of a US president is irrational and will never occur. Therefore the "demands" for trying a US president for "war crimes" is an indictment of the rationality of those promoting such a preposterous act.

Is it not odd that the left, in contrast, just loves the mass murderers of world history and has nothing but praise for them. Mao, Lenin, Stalin, Castro, Che, Ho Chi Mihn, and Chavez (all war criminals) are darlings of the left, yet never recieve that wrath of the left.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:01 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
They'd set an even more dangerous precedent if they DID go after the previous administration.

From then on, every time the White House or Congress changed hands, it would tit for tat, with each party investigating the shenanigan's of the other. The net result would be a government paralyzed by the fear that the other party will prosecute them for just about anything when they get back into power. Consequently, nothing would get done, no important decisions would be made.

We really don't want each successive adminstration pursuing the previous one every time we replace one party with another. It would literally destroy our democracy.

Does that mean Bush or Obama or Clinton or any other President will "get away with it?" Yes, it does but the alternative is worse.

Deal with it.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:06 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
War Crimes? Gotta love the comedy found at CD on a daily basis.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:34 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,313,628 times
Quote:

I agree, no one should be above the law even if they are in charge of big corporations or central bankers or anybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies