Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 07:55 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,674,370 times

Advertisements

he just spent tons of time reading the tripe on the internets and posting on CD forums...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 08:01 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,854,436 times
[quote=American_Libertarian;17458025]Jerad Loughner was CRAZY. Period.

Quote:
He did not watch TV. He disliked the news.
He didn't listen to political radio.
He didn't take sides.
He wasn't on the left. He wasn't on the right.[/
QUOTE]

His friend wishes he could have helped him. Fantastic interview by Ashley Banfield:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7xLg2C2iI0
abc news! How can you trust anything "lamestream media" reports?

Old 01-17-2011, 08:35 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,304,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Really? Please explain. I'd like to understand why you say that.
Deleting the "diary" entry. If he had nothing to hide, why remove it?

Old 01-17-2011, 08:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Why did Sarah Palin remove her "target" web page?

Old 01-17-2011, 08:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,854,436 times
Quote:
The democrat in question was a pro gun moderate, more of a blue dog. If anything, one could say that her anti-Pelosi vote marked her in this lunatic's mind. I think many of the partisan Dems here are putting on their Karl Rove hat and trying to pigeonhole this guy.
The point is not whether Loughner was right or left leaning but rather whether he was vulnerable to violent rhetoric. It appears he was. Now, whoever this shoe fits (whoever used violent rhetoric in their political dialog), wear it.

Quote:
People who are classified as "trait aggressive"—those more likely to engage in aggressive social interaction, no matter the circumstances—DO respond to violent metaphor in political advertisements. What's completely safe for most of us can make a small minority feel more like acting out.
Quote:
After Kalmoe controlled for those aggressive people, he saw other patterns. Among both the people who were naturally aggressive, and those who weren't, people under 40 were more likely to respond to violent rhetoric. Ditto with men, compared to women.
What one study says about the effects of violent rhetoric in politics - Boing Boing

Old 01-17-2011, 10:04 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,294,841 times
Quote:
In his own words:

Quote:
i was the person who deleted MY diary of three days ago, under NO pressure from anyone at DailyKos. It was certainly NOT "scrubbed" by the site's moderators of Markos. I chose to delete it because i thought it being in existence after the horrific event on Saturday was in poor taste.
He also apologized to the site owner, users, and the shooting victims for his previous diary.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-17-2011 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: Just fixed the quote coding

Old 01-17-2011, 10:12 PM

30,383 posts, read 52,001,327 times
Quote:
I'm saying that people on here are mostly partisan and can't imagine a world where someone isn't like them.
I never even knew what I was (politically speaking) until I started posting here... so it's all YOUR fault, dammit!!

Old 01-17-2011, 10:15 PM

30,383 posts, read 52,001,327 times
Quote:
I think many of the partisan Dems here are putting on their Karl Rove hat and trying to pigeonhole this guy.
The same could be said for the Republicans on here! I'm neither a Dem nor a Rep, so I was able to read the C-D posts with more open eyes... and the mud was flying from BOTH sides following the shooting. But I love how the Republicans are all trying to play martyr, and act like they never pointed any fingers - yeah right.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:26 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,980,808 times
This is incredibly boring. Why are we even stunned or surprised or even talking about this: we have better issues to be concerned with; e.g., the job market is in shambles, the economy is in another great depression, universities are feeding into unfettered capitalism and Statism, drug wars are on the rise, and people in general are toxic. Why is this outburst of violence a stunning issue that people need to evaluate over and over again? It's an outburst of violence. We live in a violent country where all is not well and violent imperialism has been the norm for a decade. And America has more prisons than any other nation. So until you get rid of guns altogether and use eugenics to create the "perfect genteel race" then violence and tragedies will occur. It's a part of life.

I'm failing to understand why the sheep of America do not pull away from the entrancement of mass media and say to themselves "A terrible tragedy has occurred. Okay. End of story. Now let's focus on what really matters in society." Instead people are like sheep, repeating the story over and over and obsessing over the violent person: this is just another diverting topic to keep America distracted as much worse is happening right before their eyes.

Last edited by artsyguy; 01-17-2011 at 10:36 PM..

Old 01-17-2011, 10:40 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,529,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The point is not whether Loughner was right or left leaning but rather whether he was vulnerable to violent rhetoric. It appears he was. Now, whoever this shoe fits (whoever used violent rhetoric in their political dialog), wear it.
I absolutely agree with this. He was surrounded by this environment. We all are.
Quote:
I disagree. I think he believed she wasn't left enough, and the anti-Pelosi vote trying to get her out of leadership sealed her fate. Agree to disagree.
I don't think Loughner was left or right, really, but he was VERY disillusioned with our politicians. Gabby Giffords was a politician he had met and decided she was unintelligent and fake.

Thus, the words have no meaning diatribes. A cup is not a cup, the govt is manipulating the people with grammar. I think the people in Congress recognize this kernel of truth in his ramblings. Especially the fake part.

Unfortunately, he is absolutely correct about our politicians. They are fake and in the pockets of big business. He saw it all too clearly.

He was a young and immature idealist and his predisposition to schizophrenia coupled with drugs caused him to act on this reality in a horrible and tragic way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies