Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 12:55 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Nope, that's not accurate... and I'm not going to bother re-hashing my question/comments again. Seriously.
So do you prefer the "wait and see" method if you are faced with a home invader?

Do you also believe that cooperating with an armed robber as a home invader will keep you safe and that once they have your money or "stuff" then they will just go way and leave you alone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 12:57 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So do you prefer the "wait and see" method if you are faced with a home invader?
If the only alternative is owning a gun, then yes I do.

Quote:
Do you also believe that cooperating with an armed robber as a home invader will keep you safe and that once they have your money or "stuff" then they will just go way and leave you alone?
I don't care if a robber breaks into my home - I'll make him tea and cookies, and we'll sit and talk it through. There, are you happy now?

Old 01-18-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
If the alternative is owning a gun, then yes I do.

I don't care if a robber breaks into my home - I'll make him tea and cookies, and we'll sit and talk it through. There, are you happy now?
As long as you do not force others to do the same via legislation.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
As long as you do not force others to do the same via legislation.
I already said (a few times) that I support the right to bear arms - so don't worry, I won't take away your guns.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:07 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Gizmo,something I just realised,I am not sure you would be allowed to posses a firearm anyway because of your use of drugs....

I don't know if you would pass the NICS check.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:07 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,034 times
Quote:
I already said (a few times) that I support the right to bear arms - so don't worry, I won't take away your guns.
And when I break into your home and steal your TV you also won't take my life? Sweet

Old 01-18-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post
And when I break into your home and steal your TV you also won't take my life? Sweet
Nope... if my two choices are giving up my TV (which is pretty sweet) or killing you, I promise your life is safe.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Gizmo,something I just realised,I am not sure you would be allowed to posses a firearm anyway because of your use of drugs....

I don't know if you would pass the NICS check.
I just read a quick link on that, and it looks like I'd pass just fine... seems they only do a criminal background check, and I have no criminal record. I had to do fingerprinting & FBI checks for my last few jobs, and they were no problemo!

Things might also be different in California, since I only use medical marijuana with a state-approved license.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I don't want people of your mindset to push a legislative agenda to force further restrictions upon law abiding gun owners. Get it yet?

Oh, I see you are a pot user....never mind. No reason to converse any further. Pot and guns don't mix

Old 01-18-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I don't want people of your mindset to push a legislative agenda to force further restrictions upon law abiding gun owners. Get it yet?
What I don't get is why you're harping on me, when I never even suggested such a thing... and somebody asked why I feel hostility in this debate? Sheesh.

Quote:
Oh, I see you are a pot user....never mind. No reason to converse any further. Pot and guns don't mix
A "pot user," LOL. Alcohol and guns don't mix either, but they seem to be a very popular combination! And why don't they reject people for gun permits if they drink? That might not be such a bad idea, actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies