Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:12 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,995,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Add aid to other counties and I will agree with you.
Fine with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 10:14 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,861,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Is it fair they lose sleep over worrying they will end up on the streets?
Making others pay for you so you can keep your savings is better than you losing sleep over worrying about your finances?

Quote:
Again, stop the damn wars and we can pay for universal health care in this country.
And the foreign aid to such places as Haiti,and the various entitlement programs...
Although I am not sure if just doing that will pay for universal healthcare.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Are your pre-existing conditions likely to make any medical care you receive cost more?
As long as I take medication and do what my Dr says, no.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:15 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Quote:
Yeah, no high risk pool and unless you're indigent you're something I can't say here.

Portability is my only option. I have thought of moving to another state just for these reasons. However, if I leave this state I lose it (portability) and then have to wait to get into a high risk pool and if something happens in the meantime I am something I can't say here.
You pay $14,400 a year and have to buy your perceptions and pay office calls???

Move to Michigan.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
As long as I take medication and do what my Dr says, no.
Then why do your pre-existing conditions preclude you from buying health insurance?

Old 01-18-2011, 10:16 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,739,985 times
Quote:
Section eight housing.
Foodstamps.

There are plenty of programs for the poor.
In case you haven't noticed many states are having major budget problems & are cutting services to the poor & it is also harder for people to get services when needed.
I do not understand how people can call themselves patriotic Americans & believe others should just die if they get ill & can no longer afford care.

It's expensive, I get it, but, I just do not believe that GOD would want any of us to turn our backs on others if there was a way we could help.
It takes a village.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Making others pay for you so you can keep your savings is better than you losing sleep over worrying about your finances?

And the foreign aid,and the various entitlement programs...
Although I am not sure if just doing that will pay for universal healthcare.
Look, we are the only industrialized country in the world that doesn't have it (universal health care). 45K Americans die every year because of it. Oh, and I don't know how old you are, but when you hit 65 I want you to turn down Medicare, ok? Why should I have to pay for your Medicare?

If you can't see that it's time to change this for-profit system, there is no hope for you.

Last edited by mistygrl092; 01-18-2011 at 10:25 AM..

Old 01-18-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
In case you haven't noticed many states are having major budget problems & are cutting services to the poor & it is also harder for people to get services when needed.
I do not understand how people can call themselves patriotic Americans & believe others should just die if they get ill & can no longer afford care.
So people aren't receiving foodstamps and section eight?
That is odd because it seems to still be happening.
How is it more difficult to get these welfare programs?

Quote:
It's expensive, I get it, but, I just do not believe that GOD would want any of us to turn our backs on others if there was a way we could help.
It takes a village.
Then those villagers who choose to do so,can help out.

Those who do not want to shouldn't be forced to help.

Right?

Old 01-18-2011, 10:20 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Quote:
Look, we are the only industrialized country in the world that doesn't have it (universal health care). $45K Americans die every year because of it. Oh, and I don't know how old you are, but when you hit 65 I want you to turn down Medicare, ok? Why should I have to pay for your Medicare?

If you can't see that it's time to change this for-profit system, there is no hope for you.
Now I am really confused.....

Old 01-18-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Look, we are the only industrialized country in the world that doesn't have it (universal health care). $45K Americans die every year because of it.
Could you point me to a UHC system that is running in the black and doesn't require private health insurance to pick up the slack?

Quote:
Oh, and I don't know how old you are, but when you hit 65 I want you to turn down Medicare, ok? Why should I have to pay for your Medicare?
It probably won't be around,too many people older than myself demanding they want everything provided for them at this point....

Quote:
So a system that runs at a loss would be better somehow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies