Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2011, 04:59 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Gosh, it should be so simple.
It is. He released his birth certificate 2 1/2 years ago. You don't get simpler than that.

It is the Birther compulsion to move the goalposts that starts complicating things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene
Nothing but the original LF will suffice.
Certainly you jest. You must not be paying much attention to the Birther movement. Most are already on record that even the original LF will not suffice. Certainly not a single Birther court case would have been avoided by doing so.

Quote:
He said he will do whatever he can do legally to prove, which would be to release the LF.
The first clause... yes. The second... no. If he cannot release the LF, he cannot. As already said, even the Governor must obey the law.

You will note that he never promised what you insist upon. He said he would ask "the state attorney general and health officials to determine what additional information he can release to prove that Obama was born in Hawaii on Aug. 4, 1961." We all know that under the law, the LF is probably not on the list of options for doing that.

Quote:
And it would be even easier if obama would give permission to do that, wouldn't it?
And that is the one thing that cannot be done under any circumstances. Were the president to give his permission it would set a disastrous precedent for the Office of the Presidency in terms of how it is expected to deal with politically motivated nut-jobs. I have been rooting for Abercrombie to do whatever he could do on this issue... but absolutely not if it came at the cost of the president's permission. That would be unacceptable.

Quote:
It really is that simple.

Can you think of a valid reason why it shouldn't be this simple?
I just did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 05:07 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Perhaps most hilarious is that I have no idea whether I even have a long-form birth certificate. I have a document that reads "Certificate of Live Birth" and I've used it my entire life without a single question.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:23 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Perhaps most hilarious is that I have no idea whether I even have a long-form birth certificate. I have a document that reads "Certificate of Live Birth" and I've used it my entire life without a single question.
FYI..

What Is a Certificate of Live Birth in Hawaii?

Hawaii's Certification of Live Birth is a computer-generated form and contains less information. It provides specific birth details. Also known as the "short-form birth certificate," it includes information about place of birth, gender, date of birth, parents' names, and filing date.

The Certificate of Live Birth is also known as the "original birth certificate" or "long form." This form has additional information used for tracing heritage and is the preferred form by the Hawaiian State Department of Health. It is not computer-generated; it's generated by hand through a hospital employee from where the child was born.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:26 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
FYI..

What Is a Certificate of Live Birth in Hawaii?

Hawaii's Certification of Live Birth is a computer-generated form and contains less information. It provides specific birth details. Also known as the "short-form birth certificate," it includes information about place of birth, gender, date of birth, parents' names, and filing date.

The Certificate of Live Birth is also known as the "original birth certificate" or "long form." This form has additional information used for tracing heritage and is the preferred form by the Hawaiian State Department of Health. It is not computer-generated; it's generated by hand through a hospital employee from where the child was born.
Bad news.... almost nothing in this post is actually true.

Thought you'd like to know you might want to get some better sources.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:29 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Bad news.... almost nothing in this post is actually true.

Thought you'd like to know you might want to get some better sources.
OK - so what's the facts since you know the source is wrong?

Old 01-19-2011, 06:40 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
His Kenyan grandmother claims that she was present at his birth....in Kenya.

Me, not wanting to appear a racist, must believe her.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:44 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
His Kenyan grandmother claims that she was present at his birth....in Kenya.

Me, not wanting to appear a racist, must believe her.
Good grief you are not going back down that rediculous road again are ya?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Casper

Old 01-19-2011, 06:47 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Good grief you are not going back down that rediculous road again are ya?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Casper
I must admit that this is my first time posting that FACT.

The truth shall set you free!

(He should have admitted the truth while he could have!)

Old 01-19-2011, 06:49 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
This thread provides fascinating insight into the Birther mind. The original premise was disproven, with the statement made by the governor having nothing to do with not being able to find his certificate.

And yet, Birthers come here and, without doing an ounce of research, just lob opinions (either intentionally misrepresenting the truth or ignorantly following other ignorance) about the subject that embolden other Birthers to do the same. Then, out of nowhere, the facts become irrelelvant as a pile of uninformed opinions falsely validate the other and those of us with the ability to think for ourselves must remind the group that the article is false propaganda, completely misrepresenting what the governor actually said.

That would be enough for me to never turn to nor trust information from that particular source, but I guess that's the difference between an educated, independent mind and, well, what is posted above.
I think it's mostly for the comedy value, much like the designation 'birther'.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:51 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,247,679 times
OH good god, are these birthers retards or what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies