Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2011, 08:55 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,640 times

Advertisements

OMG is this true because if it is that means he might have been born outside the united states like 50 years ago and that matters today because........................................... ..................................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 09:14 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
OMG is this true because if it is that means he might have been born outside the united states like 50 years ago and that matters today because........................................... ..................................
It's not just where he was born, 0bama's childhood was so chaotic, some people claim he may have been adopted by the Soreto guy and made a citizen of Indonesia.

All I want to come from all this, is a no nonsense, defacto proof of US citizenship status to even run for the presidency or VP.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:22 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I think it's because he's black
Don't you mean half black?

Old 01-20-2011, 09:23 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
My birth Certificate from 1963, has the delivering doctors signature, along with the head nurse and 2 other witnesses.

The race boxes to choose from, it does not say African next to any of the boxes to check off.

My daughters birth was announced in many newspapers across the nation, by family members, as was mine in 1963.
I don't think you are talking about the official state-issued BC. Hospitals frequently give out "souvenir" BCs with that kind of stuff on them. I used to work in OB; I did a lot of those.

As far as race, in Illinois and Colorado, where I have some experience in this area, the race part is entirely self-reported. You get a form from the hospital to fill out which then gets transferred to the official document. I remember one father put "human" on his child's BC form. Many Africans like to differentiate themselves from US born blacks, and Obama's mom, who likely filled out the form, was only 18 years old, and perhaps not so knowledgeable about what constitutes "race" at the time.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
By discussing Obama's birth, all you are doing is discrediting the Conservative movement. I'm a conservative and I want nothing to do with the Birthers. They are a bunch of idiots along the same lines as other whack job conspiracy theorists. There is always that contrarian group that chooses to oppose the status quo by believing in some loose theory. And I'm not the only conservative preaching this. Fox's Bill O'reilly even attacks the birthers.

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
I think the whole thing is a ploy to make Birthers look even dumber than they are already thought of. They have been played once again and are too stuipd to even know it.
Casper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Reasons the birthers do not believe the president is a citizen:

1. He is black
2. He has a funny sounding name
3. He is black
4. He lived with his mother in another country for awhile when he was a child
5. He is polite to people from other countries and cultures
6. He is black
Number two is correct....the others not so much. I guess his white mother had nothing to do with his genetic makeup either.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't think you are talking about the official state-issued BC. Hospitals frequently give out "souvenir" BCs with that kind of stuff on them. I used to work in OB; I did a lot of those.

As far as race, in Illinois and Colorado, where I have some experience in this area, the race part is entirely self-reported. You get a form from the hospital to fill out which then gets transferred to the official document. I remember one father put "human" on his child's BC form. Many Africans like to differentiate themselves from US born blacks, and Obama's mom, who likely filled out the form, was only 18 years old, and perhaps not so knowledgeable about what constitutes "race" at the time.

No, it is a photo copy the original long form from the Military Hospital, where I was born.

Mine is all black with white type.(off a microfiche)

Only 3 choices:
Caucasian
Negro
Other

Old 01-20-2011, 09:34 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No, it is a photo copy the original long form from the Military Hospital, where I was born.

Mine is all black with white type.(off a microfiche)

Only 3 choices:
Caucasian
Negro
Other
Well, I guess the military does it differently from everyone else. I see they don't acknowledge Asians, either except as "other".

Old 01-20-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
By discussing Obama's birth, all you are doing is discrediting the Conservative movement. I'm a conservative and I want nothing to do with the Birthers. They are a bunch of idiots along the same lines as other whack job conspiracy theorists. There is always that contrarian group that chooses to oppose the status quo by believing in some loose theory. And I'm not the only conservative preaching this. Fox's Bill O'reilly even attacks the birthers.
I agree with you to a point. There are two many unanswered questions and so much information being kept from the public that should not be. Mr. Obama could easily put this all to rest and produce the LF and shut up all of the birthers for good.

It's important, as Americans, that we question things that are uncertain. If we just go by something that '"so and so" said, our country will fall deeper and deeper into despair.

I would love for all this to be put to rest. It would be the worst thing for this country to find out that Mr. Obama was not constitutionally able to be president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies