Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2011, 09:58 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post

Since you put that in quotes, it must be a euphemism for something else. What did you actually mean by "alien?"

Reptilian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 10:05 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flordelis View Post
Sure, where is THE document that will truly end the question?
No document will "truly end the question." Birthers have already preemptively announced that a release of the "long form" will not satisfy them.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
My birth Certificate from 1963, has the delivering doctors signature, along with the head nurse and 2 other witnesses.
How nice for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow
The race boxes to choose from, it does not say African next to any of the boxes to check off.
I have never seen a birth certificate with "race boxes," and as my family's historian I have hundreds of such certificates in my possession. I suspect that you are making this up.

That said, Hawaii never had check boxes, and are on record that they allow parents to self identify what race they want recorded on the form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow
My daughters birth was announced in many newspapers across the nation, by family members, as was mine in 1963.
The two Hawaiian papers in 1961 did not allow that. They published information issued to them by the Department of Health.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
All I want to come from all this, is a no nonsense, defacto proof of US citizenship status to even run for the presidency or VP.
If this were true, you would have stopped worrying about this 2 1/2 years ago when he first released his birth certificate.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:15 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Reasons the birthers do not believe the president is a citizen:

1. He is black
2. He has a funny sounding name
3. He is black
4. He lived with his mother in another country for awhile when he was a child
5. He is polite to people from other countries and cultures
6. He is black

Exactly. My brother-in-law (an avowed racist) has stated that he cared not if a birth certificate is produced, for black people should not be eligible to be President. He says they were not eligible when this country was founded, and they should not be now (it was not the 'original intent' of the framers of the Constitution). He also pointed out that the three Civil War amendments to the Constitution did not say that black people could be president, just that they were no longer slaves and that they could vote.

Of course, when you have not worked for 20 years, rely on disability benefits as your income, and have no intention of ever working again, I guess you have ample time to sit at a computer and read whacko theories.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No, it is a photo copy the original long form from the Military Hospital, where I was born.

Mine is all black with white type.(off a microfiche)

Only 3 choices:
Caucasian
Negro
Other
My daughter was born in a military hospital. There are no check boxes at all on her form.

PS... yours is not a long form either. It is only the top part of the long form, and therefore is a short form.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Mr. Obama could easily put this all to rest and produce the LF and shut up all of the birthers for good.
This is sadly not true. Birthers have already preemptively announced that a "LF" will not satisfy them either. They have fall back arguments.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
HA! My PA birth certificate looks different that the one you linked. I guess it depends on when it was issued. It doesn't say much, though.
And... as little as the current ones say... both my parents were issued passports based on them.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:06 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Hawaii governor says Obama's birth record 'exists' but can't produce it | Mail Online

Hawaii governor claims record of Obama's birth 'exists in archives' but can't produce the vital document

Quote:
But it became apparent that what had been discovered was an unspecified listing or notation of Obama's birth that someone had made in the state archives and not a birth certificate.

And in the same interview Abercrombie suggested that a long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate for Barack Obama may not exist within the vital records maintained by the Hawaii Department of Health.
Ohhhhhh, my, my, my.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:11 AM

659 posts, read 1,759,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
No document will "truly end the question." Birthers have already preemptively announced that a release of the "long form" will not satisfy them.
I'm pretty sure that even if there was a time/date stamped video uncovered of Obama coming out of his mom's va-jay-jay, while waving an American flag, covered in apple pie, singing a Star Spangled Banner/Pledge of Allegiance remix with President Kennedy and the entire 1961 Supreme Court in attendance... it. wouldn't. matter.

HistorianDude - you are cracking me up with your awesomely-sane efforts to nail jello to a wall (and I'm repping you as much as possible), but I'm afraid it's like trying to do a calculus problem with a drunk person. Nothing you say is going to make sense to them, and in the end, somebody gonna pee themselves and wind up passed out on the flo'.

You are totally reminding me of Anderson Cooper, who had an equally-frustrating conversation with Leo Berman (Berman - way to represent the Lone Star State Yo) about this very topic recently. And, much like your tone on this thread, Coop had the look on his face of someone trying to be patient with a very very very stupid child.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AptxV...eature=related
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies