Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2011, 02:05 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times

Advertisements

Hawaii Guv Can't Find Obama Birth Certificate!!!!!!!

Look on the internet..there's a ton of copies there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 02:07 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Hawaii Guv Can't Find Obama Birth Certificate!!!!!!!

Look on the internet..there's a ton of copies there...
Those copies came from snopes and factcheck NOT from Hawaii and to boot, Hawaii won't certify them, won't even look at them.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:11 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Those copies came from snopes and factcheck NOT from Hawaii and to boot, Hawaii won't certify them, won't even look at them.
Ignoring that snopes has never had anything to do with it, I quote Janet Okubo, official spokesperson for the Hawaii DoH, when she was sent a copy of the COLB image via e-mail by PolitiFact.com:

"It is a valid Hawaiian birth certificate."

Old 01-20-2011, 03:12 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
The idea that these armchair sleuths have discovered something this important when John McCain with all his millions and Hillary Clinton with all her contacts could not discover it when they were doing everything in their power to defeat his candidacy is the very definition of silly.......not to mention nuts.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:20 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And President Obama has had to show documentation for every thing that the average citizen has. To get a drivers license, or a passport, or a marriage license... just like you. Just like me.
Excellent point........very accurate. We all have that need in this society. It's just the way it is.

So, why the need to get this document 2.5 years ago? Didn't he have it before that? I'm fairly certain he drove, had a passport, got married, you know - like the average citizen - LONG before 2.5 years ago.

I mean, why the need to get it if he already had to have it to function in society? Like the average citizen - as you point out.

And why the need to produce one at all since so many other Presidents didn't even have one, nor was there a need to produce one to run for the office (for all those 'other' Presidents?

Old 01-20-2011, 04:28 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Face it , we have a radical usurper fraud in the White House.
Just breathe easy. November 2012 will be here before we know it, and we'll surely get somebody new in here. We've made big strides a couple of months ago, and we're not done yet.

Just hang in there.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:39 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Excellent point........very accurate. We all have that need in this society. It's just the way it is.

So, why the need to get this document 2.5 years ago? Didn't he have it before that? I'm fairly certain he drove, had a passport, got married, you know - like the average citizen - LONG before 2.5 years ago.

I mean, why the need to get it if he already had to have it to function in society? Like the average citizen - as you point out.
He might need it before the campaign was done with it? He might not know exactly where it was? He might have been kinda busy, what with running in a primary against the Hillary Machine? I'm as average as they get, and I'd keep my own copy and get the relevant office to pull a new copy or two. The documents in my immigration papers were all fresh copies, I held on to my own. Of course, I understand that one authorized copy of a certificate is as good as the other.

Quote:
And why the need to produce one at all since so many other Presidents didn't even have one, nor was there a need to produce one to run for the office (for all those 'other' Presidents?
Because he naively thought it would help quell the silly rumors coming out of the Hillary campaign?

Of course, giving conspiracy theorists anything new to latch on to never, ever helps. But perhaps someone in the campaign thought they were dealing with rational entities.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Actually, he got it 3.5 years ago. It was issued on June 6, 2007. According to his campaign staff:

Quote:
The certificate is stamped June 2007, because that's when Hawaii officials produced it for the campaign, which requested that document and "all the records we could get our hands on" according to spokesperson Shauna Daly.
So as you see... it was a copy specifically issued so the campaign would have it if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409
That's a question you can ask anybody who for whatever reason requests a copy of their birth certificate years after their birth... something that apparently happens everyday.

In my own case, I just checked my own birth certificate... and discovered that it was issued on Jun 30, 1980... even though I was born in 1956. I can easily figure out why I needed one then, as I got married a month later... but I can't begin to tell you what happened to the one(s) I used when getting my license (in 1973), my passport (in 1976) or got my commission in the Army (1978).

I've apparently gotten better at hanging on to birth certificates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409
He was asked by a conservative blogger to prove that his middle name wasn't "Muhammad."

But I gotta tell you... its funny that you consider it suspicious when he does present one, and also when he (allegedly) does not. It is a perfect example on how he will be attacked no matter what he does... so why bother feeding the trolls?

Old 01-20-2011, 04:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Quote:
The certificate is stamped June 2007, because that's when Hawaii officials produced it for the campaign, which requested that document and "all the records we could get our hands on" according to spokesperson Shauna Daly.
Quote:
So as you see... it was a copy specifically issued so the campaign would have it if needed.
Obviously, as the Hawaiian governor is finding out, there is probably not a long form BC. What exactly IS is in the archives?

You can thank Abercrombie for the can of worms he has opened.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Obviously, as the Hawaiian governor is finding out, there is probably not a long form BC. What exactly IS is in the archives?
We already know what is in the archives:
Quote:
There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama’s official birth certificate.State law (Hawai’i Revised Statutes §338-18) prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record. Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai’i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai’i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies