Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 04:49 AM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I hate to ask a weird question and derail this thread, but since someone wanted to know what I looked like, I feel like asking.

Look at these pictures of me, and tell me what nationality you would think I was. My friend lived in NYC most of his life. He said he would have guessed I was greek.

Flickr: Redshadowz's Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/46279180@N02/ - broken link)

What do you think?
You are obviously white.

Your mother looks 'mixed'.

I'm half indian, and so many people mistake me for a full bloodied italian. I have red tinted skin, black flat hair, blue eyes. Italians have olive/tan skin, thick/curly/wavy hair. I guess most people have never seen a full bloodied indian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 05:16 AM

974 posts, read 1,587,448 times
Honestly, who cares what color/nationality someone is. Love is love people. It knows no color, it knows no nationality. When it happens it is a beautiful thing.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:45 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
I can't wait for the future when almost everyone is beautifully 'blended' and living in a peace-loving perfect monoculture. Then we can hunt down and kill the few surviving populations of 'pure' people. Those people are like dirty animals.

But seriously, I have no problem with intermarriage, I am sure it has happened in my ancestry, but this idea of social engineering a super-race of... 'raceless' people, and the idea that having one race, one language, one religion, one culture to create a utopia is frankly creepy. And anti-evolutionary. Evolution tends to create distinctions between populations. Something that makes the world diverse and truly beautiful.

Again, if my children were to marry outside their race, that is one thing, but if they do so because they think there is a moral distinction between interracial marriage (good) and conracial marriage (bad), then that is a problem.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:49 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Way to assume, jaada.

I had a few people come out saying that directly - they will not date their own race. They have what's called "brown fever" or "yellow fever". The only thing I could come up with is white guilt .
Actually, it is called 'racist exoticism'. It is when people imbue a certain race with an objectified view of their sexual attractiveness.

When a White man fetishizes Asian women he is a 'creep', when a White woman does the same to Black men, she is 'creating a better world through racial harmony'.

It is that double standard that I find disturbing.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:50 AM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,484 times
It's so pathetic that some people are blinded by society's false standards of what's "attractive" and then turn around and get upset when someone else thinks they're ugly.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:55 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
People want less government but are perfectly willing to have it enforce who they can marry or enforce their religious morals.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:32 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Hey Look Folks, a Real Live Dinosaur alive in the 21st Century.
Casper
LoL, he must've read a different constitution than me.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

http://www.dangerousminds.net/images...orns_thumb.jpg (broken link)
Asian

Moderator cut: image removed
Black

Moderator cut: image removed
Yum. IS yum an ethnic group? It should be. She's from Israel.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 04:00 PM..

Old 02-06-2011, 12:36 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
LoL, he must've read a different constitution than me.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Asian

Black

Yum. IS yum an ethnic group? It should be. She's from Israel.
Me Like Yum, and it comes in so many flavors
Casper

Old 02-06-2011, 03:53 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
The British aren't the most attractive people. They have already been ranked as the most unattractive people in europe.

As for Imam and other black women. There are several things about black women that have caused them to appear unattractive for many centuries to whites. It has been mostly their hair, and certain facial features. Of course there is quite a bit of diversity within Africa. And east Africans(such as Somali's) are quite a bit different than west Africans, and southern Africans. The majority of blacks that came to America during slavery were West African.

If it hadn't been for wigs, weaves, straighteners, perms, and dyes, blacks would be at a rather large aesthetic disadvantage. Secondly, in the past almost everyone was thin, and wore far less revealing clothing. In full clothing, the most noticable features of a woman become her face and hair. Having a wide nose, kinky black hair, fat lips, and very dark skin just didn't stand out.

I would agree that many mixed-blood people can be very attractive. But the majority of the ones that you normally think of being attractive, tend to look more European than anything else. IMO Iman looks basically Egyptian but with dark skin. In this picture of her, you could practically give her white skin and she would pass for French.
What does Rtard mean??????...........why did President
George Washington and President Thomas Jefferson have
children with these Black African (Slaves) Women????.....

Old 02-06-2011, 03:58 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
I think marrying a different to make a political or social statement, or to make yourself feel that you're not racist, is pretty disingenuous in my view. Course if you're gonna marry someone of another culture because you like that culture, or skin color, then that's different.

Quote:
The British aren't the most attractive people. They have already been ranked as the most unattractive people in europe.
Those superficial surveys are just that. Superficial. And those people are always part of the glamor magazine crowd, which oddly enough, I think is biased towards mixed race people. Besides, it is very subjective, cause I find British girls to be pretty attractive, not so much brown people. I don't even feel attracted to my own race
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies