Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 08:17 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
One of his friends also said he wasn't crazy either. Do you believe everything coming out of the mouths of young people who don't always know the meaning of all the terms they use?
Why not? It's no different than YOU wanting everyone to believe what you post here on CD....

I just go by what I see on the national and local news... I don't have cable so you can't blame it on Fox if you choose to try that.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 08:17 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So for 4 days the left wing media tried to connect the tea party to these murders. No w that the truth is out the right was uncivil
No, the far right has ALWAYS been uncivil. Blaming a wrong done over 4 days does not excuse years of hate rhetoric from the far right, even if you may try and claim it does. Some had hopes that the far right and far left might tone it back a notch, I did so also, but knew after years of experience that it would Never happen, the extremists and in particular the far right are Not Interested. As I said, we are back to business as usual. Fine by me, it is an old game and I am used to dealing with it.
Casper

Old 01-19-2011, 08:18 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Where is your link to support your claim? Or are you just assuming he was liberal because it was reported that he used drugs?
That's a pretty good point, drugs and liberalism seem to go together in crazy people.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:19 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
Where is your link to support your claim?
They are old news reports....Look for them your self, good luck.... ABC, CBS, NBC

Old 01-19-2011, 08:19 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
That's a pretty good point, drugs and liberalism seem to go together in crazy people.
Isn't Rush Limbaugh a drug addict?...

Old 01-19-2011, 08:20 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Considering their statements were made in the context of defending themselves against the stupid allegations that they somehow caused him to go postal I don't see an issue.

You are yet again proving my point. Why not just call him evil? What is wrong with saying someone is just a bad person?
I don't know the nature of this man's mental disturbance, but I tend to be wary of assigning a label like "evil" to someone until his mental problems are identified and treated. We don't know what was going on in his head, we don't know what fantasy he'd created that resulted in the fixation on Congresswoman Giffords. We don't know a lot of things. And until we know more, I think we should avoid the rush to judgment.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
So provide us with a link to where we can READ Palin and Limbaugh's words.
There is an icon above, it is called Google, try it you might find it useful when seeking the truth.
Casper

Old 01-19-2011, 08:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
She was a moderate democrat and he was crazy.

Blue dog Democrats are too conservative to be in the Democratic party, in the minds of some.
Jarred's mind.
Not too many DOPE SMOKIN HIPPY Conservatives, are there? Sure there are a few, but they are rare and Jarred had no signs of being Conservative.

Instead of using the vote to revolt, death is the ultimate elimination.

The Tea Party movement removed as many Progressive Republicans as they could from the Republican party's office holding members. They did it without one shot of a weapon.

Can't say the same for the Progressives, removing Conservatives from their party with a vote. That is not extreme enough for the drama queens and the bottom up - top down revolt.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:22 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
No one ever accused Sarah Palin of being directly responsible for the shootings... Now the right is continuing the "deflect the blame" strategy...
Assassination Attempt In Arizona - NYTimes.com

Old 01-19-2011, 08:22 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
This guy was not on anyone's "team" he is crazy. It is very sad day that we live in when there is such hate from both "teams". This guy was crazy, but if this team stuff continues I predict that there will be more shootings but from people with a political agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies