Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:03 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
bob, if you heard that Lee lady talking I wonder if you think she ever read the thing. I am sure that when she voted for it she hadn't read any of it. Nancy didn't read any of it, she just told the Reps to vote for it and then they would find out what was in it.

I wonder if one Senator read all of it before they passed it. Senators didn't take a lot of part in writing it so they couldn't have read any of it in the amount of time allowed.
Come on Roy, I know you know better than that. They all read it, particularly the Repubs. They were desperate to try and find somethings to blast, of course they read it. And there are some things to blast, some of the Dems agree on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 03:12 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times
I think it's clear no elected official has read it.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:13 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post
Have you read it?
I have. Not for fun, no regulation is fun to read, but need to for work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post
I have tried to but it's just too much and that alone is enough to reject it. Why would ANYONE be in favour of subjegating himself to a law he doesn't understand himself?
So we should let people opt out of laws, regulations, and contracts they are not smart enough to understand?

When I was growing up I was taught that if you wish to have an opinion for or against something, the first thing you should do is know what that thing is yourself. Otherwise one is rightly judged an idiot. I guess a number of people have forgotten that principal.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:16 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Probably not.

But they'll save trillions of dollars by repealing it.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:17 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Doesn't matter.

The 10th Amendment of the Constitution forbids it.

It's a done deal.

Bye bye "free" health care.
Good.

We can't afford "free" health care.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:21 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Good.

Free? When did that happen?

Old 01-19-2011, 03:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
bob, if you heard that Lee lady talking I wonder if you think she ever read the thing. I am sure that when she voted for it she hadn't read any of it. Nancy didn't read any of it, she just told the Reps to vote for it and then they would find out what was in it.

I wonder if one Senator read all of it before they passed it. Senators didn't take a lot of part in writing it so they couldn't have read any of it in the amount of time allowed.
Yeah, I kept waiting for Cavuto to ask Rep. Lee if she had read the entire bill, and ask if she read it before she voted for it. But she probably just went with the Pelosi admonition that they had to pass it to know what was in it. Sounds like a bowel movement.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:26 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Everyone was bitching abut how many pages it is and so i wonder if any of them has actually read it?
Considering the day after it was signed into law they needed to rush in, and amend it to cover children, and we have since issued over 200 one year waivers to businesses that would otherwise lose their employee health coverage.

Just repeal it, and write a new bill. this time we can discuss health care out in the open and write good law.

I do like the irony, it was not required that we read it before congress passed it, but we are now supposed to read before we repeal it.

Breitbart.tv » Nancy Pelosi: We Need to Pass Health Care Bill to Find Out What’s In It

How about this one, since no one read the bill before it was made into law, we scrap it, and write law the proper way?

Old 01-19-2011, 03:32 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Considering the day after it was signed into law they needed to rush in, and amend it to cover children, and we have since issued over 200 one year waivers to businesses that would otherwise lose their employee health coverage.

Just repeal it, and write a new bill. this time we can discuss health care out in the open and write good law.

I do like the irony, it was not required that we read it before congress passed it, but we are now supposed to read before we repeal it.

Breitbart.tv » Nancy Pelosi: We Need to Pass Health Care Bill to Find Out What’s In It

How about this one, since no one read the bill before it was made into law, we scrap it, and write law the proper way?
Ah, why do you think the HC favorability is rising? Pelosi was correct, many had to wait to see what is in it. More and more people are recognizing the lies, were lies.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:32 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Good.

If you believe the healthcare bill is a bill to give free healthcare then you do not know what you are even against.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies