Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 10:10 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,463,696 times

Advertisements

The majority of people think that his policies are bad for America, but they like the job that he's doing? Doesn't make sense to me, but then it is a left poll, so of course they are making him sound good. He's done nothing but tear down this country, and nothing to build it up.
I think all those who have no jobs and no homes will not be voting for him next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 10:19 PM

22,140 posts, read 19,360,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
The majority of people think that his policies are bad for America, but they like the job that he's doing? Doesn't make sense to me, but then it is a left poll, so of course they are making him sound good. He's done nothing but tear down this country, and nothing to build it up.
I think all those who have no jobs and no homes will not be voting for him next time.
How exactly is this a left poll?

Old 01-19-2011, 10:28 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,054,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL, we'll worry about polls in about a year and a half.
Nah..i think you guys are already worried.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:29 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,054,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Shhhhhh!

Let them enjoy the moment for a little longer.
LMAO...yea, i hate being a party pooper.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:17 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,599,889 times
If Republicans continue to act like angry children, the President's numbers will continue to rise.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:35 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,669,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
By your logic, Reagan did nothing for our coutry because in January of his 3rd year the unemployment rate and foreclosures were still sky high, his approval rating was below 40%, his party had just been swept out of power in a midterm election, and lliberals thought he was a worthless joke.

Oops.

So, since I don't deal in broad, angry platitudes, could you please provide cited evidence that "he's done nothing but tear down this country, and nothing to build it up"?

The evidence is strongly against you, whether referring to the economy, to investments in new industries and transportation infrastructure to keep us competitive, focusing on terrorism and not a tangential war, liberating citizens from institutional oppression, providing a system that provides health care to the least amongst us (just like baby Jesus!) that presidents since Teddy Roosevelt have tried to accomplish, providing the most sweeping Wall Street reforms since the 1930s to prevent a collapse of this nature in the future, providing tax cuts for 98% of working families... He's really done an extraordinary job, even if you don't personally agree with some or all of his work.

You might be in over your head on this discussion, but you at least deserve a chance to respond.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:57 AM

11,011 posts, read 10,980,033 times
In the wake of a tragedy that affects the country at large, the President generally has higher approvals. So, Obama's approval right now is a bit inflated. It's normal.

Now, onto the poll at hand, sanrene said it best. When you poll all adults vice likely voters, you get dramatically different numbers.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:50 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,871,134 times
if the economy doesn't turn around, all the media lying in the world isn't going to save obama's presidency.

unemployment-UP
housing -DOWN
gas prices -UP
inflation-UP
food stamp usage -UP (that is absolutely frightening when you realize that these people collecting are allegedly without financial assets). there are 43.2 million people receiving food stamps now, as shown in this breakdown:

http://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/29SNAPcurrPP.htm

personal bankruptcies -UP
Bankruptcy cases filed in federal courts for fiscal year 2010, the 12-month period ending September 30, totaled 1,596,355, up 13.8 percent over total FY 2009 bankruptcy filings of 1,402,816, according to statistics released today by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts.

our cost of living is rising, our assets are depreciating, and many are losing their jobs.

that doesn't sound like a reelection strategy to me. (and i don't believe the new "popularity" polls for one minute. )

i understand that the titans at the wall street journal might have a vested interest in seeing obama gain a 2nd term, but the actual economy drives the election.

Last edited by floridasandy; 01-20-2011 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: adding statistics

Old 01-20-2011, 07:35 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,836,395 times
No wonder he's on the rebound in this poll.

NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama bounce of eight points to 53% « Hot Air

Quote:
The D/R/I sample split is 31/21/39, a ten-point Democratic advantage when Gallup and Rasmussen both show the electorate evenly split or with Republicans taking a slight edge in affiliation. A 21% sample composition for Republicans is a gross underrepresentation.
Finger on the scale to get the result you want.

Oh, by 42% to 29%, respondents voted for obama, which is a gross oversampling of obama voters.

The lies and misleading propaganda the MSM will go to in propping up obama is amazing to behold.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:43 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,579,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
President Obama is the most scrutinized man to reside in the oval office in the history of this country. He was given the worst mess in history courtesy of Bush and the Republicans. Bush the worst president in history. Obama has had no help from the GOP in devising solutions to solve problems only obstructionist tactics. Part of the electorate thinks Palin is a serious candidate for God's sake, so this goes to show the lunacy he faces.

This president is solving problems and easily will win reelection despite GOP deceptive marketing. Good news, but not surprising.

While I totally disagree with you - I must say this post has given me a good laugh for the day! Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies