Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 12:55 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Hmmmmmmmmm as usually a lefty NOT addressing the post..go figure.
It amazes me how blind the left is.....Thats why I stick with my opinon of the left.....You all have mental issues...seriously.

Left="Throw the s**t against the wall and see if it sticks"

..and yes I do have issues on somethings Reagan did..Mostly.....Amnesty
I did address the post. My point was it can take a few years in order to come out of an economic mess. Just look at how the economy was at this point in 1983....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 01:03 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
President Obama is the most scrutinized man to reside in the oval office in the history of this country. He was given the worst mess in history courtesy of Bush and the Republicans. Bush the worst president in history. Obama has had no help from the GOP in devising solutions to solve problems only obstructionist tactics. Part of the electorate thinks Palin is a serious candidate for God's sake, so this goes to show the lunacy he faces.

This president is solving problems and easily will win reelection despite GOP deceptive marketing. Good news, but not surprising.

Bush and the Republicans didn't cause this...

US in United States 1990-2010 - Federal State Local Federal Deficit As Percent Of GDP&state=US&color=c&local=s

That's the Democrat's big spending.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:30 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I did address the post. My point was it can take a few years in order to come out of an economic mess. Just look at how the economy was at this point in 1983....
I think its kind of funny that you actually believe Obamanomics works....

Old 01-20-2011, 02:33 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
I think its kind of funny that you actually believe Obamanomics works....
Nice way to make up terms, but yes I think it will work. Anyway, my point is you are calling Obama an idiot for not fixing the economy in two years, meanwhile it took Reagan a longer period of time to fix the economy than you have so far given Obama.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:58 PM

711 posts, read 1,143,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Good news for the moment:

"In the poll, Obama’s job-approval rating stands at 53 percent, which is an eight-point jump from last month and represents his highest rating in the survey since July 2009."

Some other numbers:

"Just 25 percent say that the Republicans in Congress will bring “the right kind of change” to the country.
In addition, a majority (55 percent) believe congressional Republicans will be too inflexible in dealing with President Obama, while an equal number (55 percent) say Obama will strike the right balance.
On House Republicans’ goal to repeal Obama’s health care law — an effort that cleared the chamber on Wednesday — 45 percent support eliminating the law and 46 percent oppose the GOP effort."

NBC/WSJ poll: Obama bouncing back - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com
That is quite good at this point in his presidency and considering the lingering effects of the Great Recession.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Gallup's latest poll has Obama at 51/42, btw
Meaningless this far out, just as the poll numbers on HIS approval rating was meaningless before the midterm. Having it dropping like a stone helped the GOP retake the House and gain a massive number of seats in state legislatures, but the poor numbers were meaningless as far as his reelection bid.

Last edited by sanrene; 01-20-2011 at 04:21 PM..

Old 01-20-2011, 04:07 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times
Yeah, not a biased poll at all from your left-leaning networks. LOL!

Old 01-20-2011, 04:17 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
So far, the idea of this thread has been for Democrats to continue to air out their dirty laundry because they can't get over the results of the recent elections. This current president has done absolutely nothing but take vacations. The little governing he has done has either gotten us in deeper doo-doo financially or vioated the U.S. constitution. And now, he wants to start campaigning for next year!!! Please. He isn't doing his job; he's just worried that he won't continue to dictate our nation into oblivion. Barry, here's some advice: Do your job. Campaign later! By the way, that's MSNBC behind that poll, so evidently, that's no surprise that the numbers are obviously fabricated.

So comical. Face up to it, Dems. Your party is sinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
The majority of people think that his policies are bad for America, but they like the job that he's doing? Doesn't make sense to me, but then it is a left poll, so of course they are making him sound good. He's done nothing but tear down this country, and nothing to build it up.
I think all those who have no jobs and no homes will not be voting for him next time.
Good point, indeed. Best post I've seen on this thread and the most accurate.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:20 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
An idiot could have fixed this economy in shorter time.....This fool is still working on it.
Fools don't appear to know that it takes longer and more effort to rebuild than to destroy.

Having said that, according to these WSJ polls, Obama started with an approval rating in high 50s, and two years later, he is in low 50s. According to WSJ polls, Reagan started with approval rating of about 60% and was below 40 in the same period (two years).

Now, now, you don't want to call dear Ronnie a fool, would you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
By your logic, Reagan did nothing for our coutry because in January of his 3rd year the unemployment rate and foreclosures were still sky high, his approval rating was below 40%, his party had just been swept out of power in a midterm election, and lliberals thought he was a worthless joke.
Amen!

Old 01-20-2011, 04:23 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Yeah, not a biased poll at all from your left-leaning networks. LOL!
They ignore it.

10 point gap in party affiliation. 13 point gap between those voting for obama and McCain, even though he only won by 7.

Of course you will see these kind of results. I'm surprised the WSJ was in on such a bogus poll.

Those unfamiliar with proper polling methodology and accurate demographics wouldn't recognize the defectiveness of the poll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies