Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 01:15 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Other tests have similar results:
I wonder how many realize a lot of kids in some of these countries either don't even go to school or drop very, so the ones that continue thru high school, are the best and the brightest. In American every child is required to attend school until they are 16. Many kids here take SAT or ACT tests even if they are not headed for a higher education. The kids in the Asian countries, who are taking the tests are the ones that are attending college prep schools. If you were to take the top 10% of our kids, from some of the best private and public schools and put them up against kids from other countries you may not see such a difference.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:17 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
The 2010 SAT college entrance test results are in. Historically, back in the day when I went to MIT, the common wisdom was that Asians scored better in math, but were disadvantaged because of the verbal scores.

Asian Americans are #1 on the SAT |Why are they superior to the white americans (education, income, success) ?

Asian Americans are #1 on the SAT

They will be the new American Elite

Strict and focused parents have a lot to do with it.
Your child is a direct reflection of you and your mates, parenting skills, no matter how much you want to blame everyone else, for your screwed up kid.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:19 PM

593 posts, read 470,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Two independent studies both show high school students in Shanghai, China have an average IQ of 112, by far the highest in the world.
Shanghai is the most developed city in China and attracts the most talented of that country, so it does not represent the whole country.
When the playing field is not level then you will have a unbalanced scale, as your chart clearly shows.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I wonder how many realize a lot of kids in some of these countries either don't even go to school or drop very, so the ones that continue thru high school, are the best and the brightest. In American every child is required to attend school until they are 16. Many kids here take SAT or ACT tests even if they are not headed for a higher education. The kids in the Asian countries, who are taking the tests are the ones that are attending college prep schools. If you were to take the top 10% of our kids, from some of the best private and public schools and put them up against kids from other countries you may not see such a difference.

Yes, wealth will always buy the best.

Nothing is different between the continents.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:22 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post

They will be the new American Elite
They're Americans so who cares?

Old 07-09-2013, 01:22 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Asians aren't "superior" to white people. No race is "superior" to another.
Well let's put it this way. Their performance IS superior - perennially so - even to the point of scoring 5% higher on certain "tests" that measure your I's and your Q's.

As a round-eye, I am jealous, but not "defensive". I feel no need to defend myself, DD, from truth. Facts are as they are. I am not responsible for their being, nor do I feel it is incumbent upon me to defend my race because it is in 2nd place. I ackowledge your lists of accomplishments by round-eyes, it is impressive, and I am proud, but I also ackowledge the dilligence, intellect and dedication of my Asian fellow humans.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:29 PM

The Asians have "Rested on their leaves" so to speak since forever. and when you have an undisturbed people, you have a lot of progress and prosperity. so I don't buy the numbers game. I just chalk it up to a Nation of people that had nothing to worry about for Eons, so naturally their Education willl bear much more fruit than many other nations and peoples.

It has nothing to do with them being "smarter" that's a crock of horse dung. plain an simple.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Well let's put it this way. Their performance IS superior - perennially so - even to the point of scoring 5% higher on certain "tests" that measure your I's and your Q's.

As a round-eye, I am jealous, but not "defensive". I feel no need to defend myself, DD, from truth. Facts are as they are. I am not responsible for their being, nor do I feel it is incumbent upon me to defend my race because it is in 2nd place. I ackowledge your lists of accomplishments by round-eyes, it is impressive, and I am proud, but I also ackowledge the dilligence, intellect and dedication of my Asian fellow humans.
That's called smoke and mirrors.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
They're Americans so who cares?
With Communist leanings. you think just because they move to America to get educated(go figure), they leave all their values behind?

NONSENSE

Old 07-09-2013, 01:35 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
That's called smoke and mirrors.
Please, try to be serious, or at least rational. It is called truth, fact. This is NOT, after all, the Gibberish Forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies