Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 02:10 PM

593 posts, read 470,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
If we are going to get technical, the numerical system, mathetmatics, the alphabet, the wheel and many other inventions were invented by Asians namely Indians. All of those inventions above would not have been invented without those tools. And many Asians were involved with many of those inventions you described above particularly the internet.

I think this argument is absurd as well. However, I do think there are superior cultures. And yes, I thin the Asian culture is superior because it stresses discipline, work ethic, family and education. Why is it that Asians can move to this country with nothing and become successful. It has a lot to do with their culture. But in terms of race, sorry that sounds a little to fascist to me and I don't want to argue that.
I don't think standardized tests measure IQ as much as they do work ethic. People put a lot of hours preparing for those exams. You have to memorize vocabulary, math equations and do lots of practice tests to excel on those tests. People don't just appear for those exams and do well. That is a myth.

HAHAHAHA....you forgot about all the Opium they injest too. Maybe that has something to do with their heightended "intellect"???? spare me.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:11 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
Point me to the nearest Asian ghetto in America and I'll show you. Exactly, there are none in America. Why is that? hmmmmm.....Grants from the Government to make sure this doesn't happen maybe?
Their culture is superior. They emphasize education and family. I'm Mexican American who grew up in L.A. I grew up with a lot of Korean and Vietnamese families in the same neighborhoods. While my friends were getting into trouble, the Asian kids were straight. They stayed out of trouble. They excelled in school. They didn't get involved drugs or crime. I became successful because I aligned myself with many of the Asian kids in my neighborhood and copied what they did.

Quote:
It's a known fact Asians are not discrimnated against in America, if much at all, so their success is hinged on not being bothered, intimidated, etc....
You are wrong and making this up. I witnessed Asian kids harrassed and called all types of racist chants. They ignored it. They were focused. They learned to avoid behavior that wasn't productive. You are trying to rationalize their success rather than acknowledge they worked hard.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Their culture is superior. They emphasize education and family. I'm Mexican American who grew up in L.A. I grew up with a lot of Korean and Vietnamese families in the same neighborhoods. While my friends were getting into trouble, the Asian kids were straight. They stayed out of trouble. They excelled in school. They didn't get involved drugs or crime. I became successful because I aligned myself with many of the Asian kids in my neighborhood and copied what they did.
Such a pampered lifestyle they lead. must be nice not being harrassed, intimidated, discriminated against, denied bank loans, racially profiled, etc...

Quote:
You are wrong and making this up. I witnessed Asian kids harrassed and called all types of racist chants. They ignored it. They were focused. They learned to avoid behavior that wasn't productive. You are trying to rationalize their success rather than acknowledge they worked hard.
When was the last time you turned on the News in America and a hate crime was committed against Asians? I'll give you a week to respond.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
HAHAHAHA....you forgot about all the Opium they injest too. Maybe that has something to do with their heightended "intellect"???? spare me.
I highly recommend Risperidone for you. You are clearly not in touch with reality

Old 07-09-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
When was the last time you turned on the News in America and a hate crime was committed against Asians? I'll give you a week to respond.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/06/us...anted=all&_r=0

Again, I recommend Risperidone

Old 07-09-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Asians as in the Chen Lao types, not the Hindus. they are Muslims and are always doing violence.

again...you have 1 whole week.

and ps- that wasn't a hate crime, jhust a loon with a gun wanting to kill. no RACIAL hate fueled that.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Asians as in the Chen Lao types, not the Hindus. they are Muslims and are always doing violence.

again...you have 1 whole week.

and ps- that wasn't a hate crime, jhust a loon with a gun wanting to kill. no RACIAL hate fueled that.
The people in that article are Sikhs not Muslims. It's an entirely different religion and race. It was a hate crime. And I could google Asian hate crime and articles or incidents would come up but why bother? You could do this too and find the same articles. Why are we wasting our time? You are convinced and are not going to change your mind in the face of evidence. You are entitled to your beliefs. We will agree to disagree.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 07-09-2013 at 03:38 PM..

Old 07-09-2013, 02:54 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,828 times
Geena Davis, an actress whose most important accomplishments consist of standing in front of a camera and reading some lines that were written for her by a screenwriter, is a member of Mensa with a score of 140 on an IQ test she took.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:56 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
The 2010 SAT college entrance test results are in. Historically, back in the day when I went to MIT, the common wisdom was that Asians scored better in math, but were disadvantaged because of the verbal scores.

Moderator cut: Copyright violation -- please post a link and a "snippet" only, per the Terms of Service.

Asian Americans are #1 on the SAT

They will be the new American Elite
It comes down to family values, IMO. The lowest out of wedlock group is also Asians. Is it a coincidence that the groups with the largest percentage of out of wedlock births, are also the groups the most lowest high school graduation rates?

Old 07-09-2013, 02:58 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,774,733 times
Quote:
Simple answer to the topic:

The Asians are left alone to work, live and play without any distractions, discrimnation, hatred or intimidation from white society. same with the Hindus from India. America gives them a pass.

It's a no-brainer really.
Totally. It's not like we ever rounded them up and put them in concentration camps or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies