Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 10:19 PM

46 posts, read 54,303 times

Advertisements

I'm Asian or oriental whatever you want to call it
I'm a physician, my sister is physician, my brother is in med school, the other brother is a PHD.
my wife is a physician, her sister is a physician, brother is an attorney, sister accountant etc.

parents didn't try to be my buddy or friend, they were strict, I thank them for that I needed the motivation when I was young. my mom drilled me in math, that head start was instrumental, very instrumental, gave me a lot of confidence.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:23 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You think blacks and browns are happy with the idea of their children dating Jews?

Goes both ways buddy.
Not to mention that many Jews prefer to date and marry other Jews due to have the same culture and background in common. Jewish comedians highlight this often saying how their moms were always warning them to avoid dating "Goys" (non-Jewish person generally used to describe Whites)

Old 07-09-2013, 10:24 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,134,052 times
The ocean is the main reason why Asian Americans perform better than White Americans. It is also the main reason why Persians, Lebanese, and Nigerians also outperform White Americans.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:28 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
This probably has to do with a culture that emphasizes education versus a culture that downplays and even stigmatizes academic success. It's true that Asians have a slightly higher average IQ than whites, but probably not enough to make this much of an impact. It's primarily cultural. And I wouldn't go so far as to lump "success" in there before defining it.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:32 PM

46 posts, read 54,303 times
this is a gross generalization but when I think back to high school, most of the white kids seem to view school as a place to socialize rather a place to excel in academically, that was secondary. I think there may be some genetic component also, like I think I was hard wired to be good in math, a lot of the kids around me just didn't get it.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:39 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No GDB, you highlighted that and you went after white people.

Now you have egg on your face and want to try it again by redefining white people to exclude Jews.

OK, if we assumed that 2.5% (an admittedly exaggerated number) of white test takers were Jewish, and if we further assumed that every one of them scored a perfect 2400 on the test, even if we excluded these pretend perfect scores from the white's total, white (minus Jews) would still have an average SAT score of 1513.

Still wanna play?
My wife is White and my children are half White. And I was making a facetious comment about one specific nurse. However, your strategy is pretty clear. You are losing this argument and are now trying to race bait to recover. However, it was clear that you posted those statistics about Hispanics underperforming in response to my post because I'm Hispanic (even those Hispanic SAT statistics has nothing to do with this thread). So it's clear you were deliberately attempting to ridicule Hispanics just to take a shot at me.

Furthermore, if you examine American History, many Jews were not accepted by society and not considered to be "White". This is particularly true in the American South. As a result, many Jewish Americans forged their own identity as "Jewish".

http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net...white-america/

Second, read the following quote. Unlike you, I'm supporting my statements with facts not supposition.

In a 1998 op-ed (“Some minorities are more minor than others”), Ron Unz pointed out “Asians comprise between 2% and 3% of the U.S. population, but nearly 20% of Harvard undergraduates. Then too, between a quarter and a third of Harvard students identify themselves as Jewish, while Jews also represent just 2% to 3% of the overall population. Thus, it appears that Jews and Asians constitute approximately half of Harvard’s student body, leaving the other half for the remaining 95% of America.

Jews therefore constitute a vastly disproportionate share of the population classified as White at elite universities. Data from an earlier study by Espenshade show that around half of the students at elite universities are classified as White, suggesting that Jews and non-Jews classified as White are approximately equal in numbers. (Given that students from the Middle East are also classified as White, there is the suggestion that Jews outnumber non-Jewish students of Christian European descent.)

Jewish overrepresentation at elite universities explained | The Occidental Observer - White Identity, Interests, and Culture

If you exclude the proportion of White students (Jews) that are scoring the highest on the SAT, you can be assured that number you quoted will be different.

Game Set and Match

Last edited by azriverfan.; 07-09-2013 at 10:58 PM..

Old 07-09-2013, 10:58 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You think blacks and browns are happy with the idea of their children dating Jews?

Goes both ways buddy.
Read post 511 over and over until you "get it"/

Old 07-09-2013, 11:00 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
Source?
It came from the Looney bin.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:02 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,327 times
Better question is why do African immigrants are educated at a higher percentage than everyone else.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:06 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This probably has to do with a culture that emphasizes education versus a culture that downplays and even stigmatizes academic success. It's true that Asians have a slightly higher average IQ than whites, but probably not enough to make this much of an impact. It's primarily cultural. And I wouldn't go so far as to lump "success" in there before defining it.
The difference in SAT scores between Whites and Asians correlate precisely with IQ. When you look at any cognitively loaded standardized test there is always the same hierarchy, Asians at the top, Whites slightly below, Hispanics further down and Blacks at the bottom. The differences match average IQ differences. You could argue that this is a primarily cultural, but that wouldn't explain why the differences remain so stubborn across so many types of tests.

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/a...1910_ss002.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies