Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:12 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times

Advertisements

Patriotic, ignorant, gullible American chumps need Fox.
How else will they know who to hate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 08:14 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
When a news organization can't back up their facts is when I distrust them like Fox did during Obama's run for the Presidency.When you spin lies like Obama is a secret Muslim who was educated in a Maddrassa in Indonesia you become a propoganda machine instead of a bona fide news source.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:19 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
I think the issue with FOX is that they've cried wolf one too many times. The sky was supposed to fall in under the current administration, we were supposed to have death panels to kill grandma under health care, our taxes were supposed to go way up (for everyone--not just the wealthy) under this admin, Michelle Obama was supposed to be a radical militant black panther type, some of their entertainers were sure Obama was a Kenyan Muslim militant...the list goes on. You can only say that stuff for so long, and have it proven untrue, before you lose people's trust. I think it also hurts them that a big chunk of the potential R candidates for prez are working for them now--it become pretty glaring that they're taking sides vs. trying to be an objective news source. They'll always have a strong following among the +/- 30% of the population that's the hardcore right conservative base, so they may not care as a network--they're still raking in money--but their ability to influence elections takes a big hit when the independents don't trust them anymore.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:20 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
You must be joking. With "Fair and Balanced" Fox is making the claim they are middle of the road in it's approach to coverage, when even the most ardent supporter of Murdoch's network would admit that couldn't be further from the truth...

And I definitely don't consider "News You Can Trust" to be equally deceptive.
With CNN's "News You Can Trust" motto they are making the claim you can believe what they broadcast. Yet they deliberately lie as much or more than Fox News. Remember CNN's Operation Tailwind deliberate lie?

ABC, NBC, MSNBC, and CBS are no different. Each have been, and continue to be, deliberately deceptive. Just ask Dan Rather about his deliberate lies about Bush's National Guard service.

Yet you continue to delude yourself into believing that Fox News is the only villain. Condemning one liar while embracing the other liars only serves to make you appear partisan trying to push a dishonest agenda.

Last edited by Glitch; 01-20-2011 at 08:29 AM..

Old 01-20-2011, 08:26 AM

1,609 posts, read 4,688,180 times
I wonder why FOX News has such a high rating as fars as the number of folks watching it ??

Old 01-20-2011, 08:28 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlty View Post
I wonder why FOX News has such a high rating as fars as the number of folks watching it ??
Because they get nearly 100% of the right wing base that watches them exclusively?

Old 01-20-2011, 08:30 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Someone needs to fed the ignorant masses.
American TV "news" tells us what American corporations want us to know; what Israel (and AIPAC) wants us to know; what America's military-industrial complex wants us to know. That's the function of America's TV "news" media.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:33 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Because the country is chock full of morons.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:34 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Because they are the only alternative to the liberally biased mainstream media. If you add up all of ratings from CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, and MSNBC you will find that combined they are very close to Fox's viewing audience.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:34 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,482,138 times
Depends on the Fox spokesperson. I found several of their commentators to be relatively fair and balanced. But their stars are O'Reilly and Beck.

Since O'Reilly has three times the following of, I think, any other competitors....can you blame them for keeping with what is working? If my star baseball player had a .914 batting average, I would leave him alone.

Stossel is fair. Judge Napolitano is fair. O'Reilly is a mouthpiece for Rove and the establishment...but 80% of the population/sheep drink the kool-aid and never dig. Establishment LOVES the sheep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies