Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2011, 08:51 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
The size of your fuel tank doesn't affect performance, neither would limiting the number of bullets you can shoot at any given time.
Wrong, actually it can and it has. Certain firearms were designed to function with specificly designed magazines (30 round). When the Clinton AWB outlawed 30 rnd magazines and 20rnd magazines were used in this particular platform of firearm they began to consistently experience malfunctions due to alteration of the OEM design of the magazines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 08:51 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
The United States Constitution clearly says that I don't have to build good PR, I have the right to own a gun and it's none of your business.

You are absolutely right. But one of these days guns rights folks may lose the war because public opinion turns against them.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:52 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
This is a good common sense bill. It may be against some of your personal principles....but common sense seems to be thrown out the window when personal principles are involved. You conservatives seem to really like polls...where are the polls in this thread?

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
The Bill sounds logical to me......unless you want to cut your venison with bullets in the woods rather than doing it at home with a knife. After reading this thread I can see where some of the violent attitudes in our country are becoming entrenched in our culture.
The Second Amendment has nothing whatsoever to do with hunting.

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
I think we'll get over it.
Of course. I would never dream of polluting the liberal utopia that is NJ. It's kind of funny that I conveniently stopped being anti-gun (well, more ambivalent actually) the moment I left the state and moved down to the good ol' Carolinas.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:53 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
You are not a conservative. A Chris Christie-esque Republican maybe, but not a conservative. I am saying this as a conservative.

Fortunately you aren't the one who gets to decide who is a conservative.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:55 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
Quote:
Huh, you clearly haven't ever read a post of mine, you got the wrong guy. I was asking a serious question, how about a serious answer.
Here's the way I see it:

McCarthy is trying to pass legislation on the heels of the Gibbons tragedy in Arizona because she feels like she has some anti-gun, anti-conservative momentum from it. The text of the bill essentially makes owning or possessing a magazine for any platform that holds more than ten rounds illegal. We have been covered by a 10 round limit law in the past and it had absolutely zero positive impact on any statistic or any real-life, practical situation. I would actually love to ask McCarthy why she thinks this is a good idea and if she believes that this would have prevented any crime in the last 100 years. I would be stunned if I received an answer that was not arrogant, ignorant or both.

Do you know how many rounds the Virginia Tech shooter's magazines held?

Someone please tell me why this bill makes one iota of sense...

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Fortunately you aren't the one who gets to decide who is a conservative.
Looks like you're in the minority, sweetheart. Nothing wrong with being a NJ moderate Republican though, I guess. Just stay up there and keep your laws local to NJ.

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Yes it does, as I said I am pro gun rights.
With all due respect: BULL FEATHERS!

You are not really pro-2A rights if your posts in this thread accurately portray your mindset. You appear to be pro gun control with significant bans and regulation not only acceptable but encouraged.

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
This is a good common sense bill. It may be against some of your personal principles....but common sense seems to be thrown out the window when personal principles are involved. You conservatives seem to really like polls...where are the polls in this thread?
There is no common sense whatsoever involved in this bill. Nice job at tossing in a couple of the favorite buzzwords of the anti-gun crowd though.

Don't hold your breath at them being any more well received here than they were in your thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies