Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of Rush Limbaugh?
Favorable 63 29.03%
Unfavorable 137 63.13%
No opinion 17 7.83%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 07:16 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times

Advertisements

I don't think of Rush Limbaugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 07:20 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,769,591 times
I think all these guys like Limbaugh or Olbermann mix comedy, some truth, exaggerations, some dishonesty, lots of hyberbole, a bit of satire, and lots of sarcasm into their schticks. They are a modern day, cynical fusion of Lenny Bruce and Will Rogers. They are more entertainers than commentators.

If you tilt left, sure, you are going to despise Limbaugh. The same for Olbermann if you tilt right. Whatever your tilt, none of them should be a primary source of information. Take what they say with a grain of salt.

Having said that, how many people really are right or left 100 percent of the time?

Old 01-21-2011, 07:22 AM

352 posts, read 187,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollymixture View Post
He's a talking head who uses rhetoric rather than reasoning to get his point across most of the time. The right and left both have them.

I wouldn't use him as my first port of call to get political information but I suppose he's good at what he does.
He is EXCELLENT at what he does, which is informing America of the truth, and about how to analyze facts to see what is at the very core of the situation. That is why liberals and other scoundrels hate him.

I, OTOH, am a proud dittohead since 1988.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:24 AM

352 posts, read 187,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Well when you think about it Rush and the folks at Fox News really do have great jobs. They can just make things up all the time without the pesky burden of proof or fact and without thinking too much
Projecting again!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2011, 07:28 AM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
OMG! You want to see hate? Go to Thingprogress web site and read some of their filth!
You mean think progress, right?...I did, and see nobody advising folks to go shoot conservatives or kill them with shovels (Becks favorite).
Unless you mean this....
Quote:
"Corcoran applauded the shooting of Giffords and justified the assassination of lawmakers because he argued the federal government has grown far beyond its constitutional limits. “It is absolutely, absolutely unacceptable to shoot indiscriminately. Target only politicians and their staff and leave regular citizens alone,” he wrote in the post. http://thinkprogress.org/ "
....Oops, no, that is another right wing hater...My bad.

What, ya got nothing from MSN news? I think the reason is because unlike on the Limpbag show, there is nobody on MSN suggesting that conservatives should be killed.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:30 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Since he is the Number 1 most listened to radio talk show in the entire country, it would seem like there are a majority of Americans who disagree with you and the rest of the libs on here, wouldn't it?

He has a huge audience. No liberal that has had a talk show has had anywhere near the audience, and none have lasted very long. There is a reason. Think on it.
Says to me a huge number of Americans like to listen to smug, insulting, hateful, childish, trashy misinformation

Old 01-21-2011, 07:31 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flordelis View Post
Projecting again!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2011, 07:43 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Who would these thousands of scientists be? I haven't met them, and I'm in the field. Noone is doubting that other things go on, and we are still learning. Yet doing an uncontrolled experiement on the atmosphere of the only known habitable planet for our species seems spectacularly stupid. And the fact that so many people are so addicted to being ideologically right that they would try to defend and undefensible status quo speaks to how well people are manipulated. It is shocking that in a country with the best science and research institutions in the world, we have people who prefer Rush and his ilk.

Who loses if the scientists are right? Everyone. Who wins if they can dupe us into keeping up our oil and gas comsumption a bit longer? ExxonMobil. Who do you think is supporting Bush, Fox News, and the like?

Connect the dots people.
Here are some, just a quick google search.

List of scientists opposing the mainstream scientific assessment of global warming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-21-2011, 07:45 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Maybe if he got to spend as much time on the links as Obama does, he'd be better at it...
Maybe he should run for POTUS and we'll see just how well he does.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:47 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Rush is an entertainer for the right wing and actually can outdo Ann Coulter when he makes up his own facts. I think he holds the world's record for oxycontin consumption at 30 big ones(160mg each) a day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Looks like the drug addict fell off the wagon.
Oh no here come the personal attacks against someone who's a threat and is much larger than their favorite liberal personalities!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
He is responsible for creating an atmosphere of hatred (along with Palin and their other buddies) that fuels incidents like the Arizona shootings. He is a hater beyond belief and people like him are an embarrassment to fellow Americans
Did you think that yourself or did you do a copy and paste from Huffington Post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Not at all...It shows how many think Rush is a rude misinformed moron...I don't have to be a liberal to figure that out.
Not really. Everyone who voted that they didn't like Rush, worship Dear Leader everyday before getting up in the morning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies