Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 05:16 PM

298 posts, read 998,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
If the majority of the country says you do, then you do.
Did you see the results of the November election? The majority of the country doesn't want Obamacare or anything else the democrats are making us pay for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 05:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samstersmom View Post
Did you see the results of the November election? The majority of the country doesn't want Obamacare or anything else the democrats are making us pay for.
That's a pretty big stretch. The Senate remains Democratic.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:43 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
Quote:
The shellacking was not due to Obamacare, but high unemployment. The GOP is claiming they have the will of the people, but if it turns out they don't, they could get a shellacking.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:50 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Most people who were polled main concern was the economy, healthcare enjoyed a 23% "main concern" issue.

Most people polled want the healthcare bill to be more, or have minor changes only.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:55 PM

532 posts, read 1,177,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Medicare has been cut for the poor in AZ & other states are beginning to consider it.
You keep speaking of jobs such as McDonalds. Many have taken jobs at places that pay far less than they made before & are barely able to keep a roof over their heads & afford enough food for their kids. Should these people who are trying & working be forgotten when it comes to some help?
The Governor in AZ along with her legislature has just filed to completely cut off state run medical care for about 240 thousand people here.
If you're talking about cuts for transplants the Brewer passed that is ACCCHS, not Medicare. As was pointed out Medicare is not state funded so they have no say on funding.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:02 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
That House Republicans repealed laws protecting your children from insurance companies denying them health care or simply dropping your children if they become sick.

I'm the father of a 4 month old child. He's my entire world. What Republicans did to him is disgusting and irresponsible. What they did to your children is disgusting and irresponsible. I hope history views them accordingly.
Unfortunately the republicans are figuring that this will reflect on Obamas first 4 years and people will blame him. Fortunately there are people who are intelligent enough to know better. These idiots are more concerned with 2012 than helping society. They should be ashamed.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:28 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Do you have cable? Do you drink cokes? Do you have an overly large TV?

All things that can be cut back on.
So no one should have cable, drink soda or buy a tv you think is too big? For what reason? They didn't earn it and should take care of someone else who more likely than not never even TRIED to earn anything? OR they should go without b/c they don't "need" it and give their money away?

Quote:
I've posted it before, Obamacare is going to raise my insurance rates by about 15 dollars a month. I can afford two less playstation games per year.
And he's going to raise mine by a hell of a lot more b/c I own a small business. So I should take a hit there and then cut back on taking care of my family how I want to?

I don't THINK so.

Quote:
Everyone, and I do mean every single person can find something to cut back on, its just a matter of finding the will to do so.
Not everyone needs to cut back. I have plenty left over after my kids and family are well taken care of. I don't necessarily believe that those who are going to get the help aren't the parasites bringing this country to it's knees to begin with. For example: My SIL and BIL are overly educated with their MIT grad degrees - they don't work more than they absolutely have to in order to maintain their employment. They'd rather spend their money traveling and getting themselves all "cultured up". They can't WAIT for universal healthcare to be their provider. It's not like they're going to put the excess in a college fund so their kids don't have to take on college debt. It's not like they're going to put it in a retirement fund so they aren't dependent on their SS income...if there is any 30 years from now. It's not like they're going to donate it to charity either...so spare me. They aren't the abnormal, they're the normal greedy libs wanting someone else to take care of them and their own TODAY and in the FUTURE so the burden of growing up is taken off of them.

When you can separate those who REALLY need help from those who don't want to get out bed for less than $10/hr or are too educated to "have to" work too hard and think everyone else needs to pay their way, let me know.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:55 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Unfortunately the republicans are figuring that this will reflect on Obamas first 4 years and people will blame him. Fortunately there are people who are intelligent enough to know better. These idiots are more concerned with 2012 than helping society. They should be ashamed.
There's no figuring needed. Shoot, one doesn't have to even know how to add to figure Obama's a mess and it's certainly a reflection of not only his first 4 years, but everything he's ever stood for to begin with.

Helping society? It's called taxes.

The streets are still paved with gold, too many just don't wanna bend at the waist to pick it up but are more than happy to jump on the backs of those who do.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:18 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
Or steal it from those that have bent and picked it up. Telling them, that even though you did the work for it, you have to share it with me while I sat home and watched tv.

I'm just done with the "spread around the wealth" mentality. It's so nice that there are people that think they can tell me what to do with MY income, more than already is done. I wish I could do the same.

Newsflash for you, even inmates have cable tv.

I don't want to live in a communist society, which seems to be where we're heading.

You, or no one else, Memphis, are going to tell me what I will do with my money. Not another dime. I work for it, pay my taxes, pay my family's healthcare, put food on my table and provide opportunities to my children. I don't sit around and wait for you or anyone else to take care of mine. I don't want to take care of yours or any one else's and if I did, it would be my choice, not my obligation!

Old 01-23-2011, 05:42 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
There's two who support not protecting children.

Any more takers?
That's not true, they pointed out it is your responsibility to care for your kids, not the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies