Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ???
Yes 14 14.58%
No 19 19.79%
Not sure 1 1.04%
He changed ? 43 44.79%
He changed, but I can't trust it 13 13.54%
??? 6 6.25%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 11:19 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is my thoughts too. Just because FOX and Limbaugh say he was anti-business, doesn't mean it was the truth.
As a business owner I will say Obama is anti-business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 11:26 AM

352 posts, read 187,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is my thoughts too. Just because FOX and Limbaugh say he was anti-business, doesn't mean it was the truth.
You have it backwards. He's not anti-business because Rush says so. Rush says he is anti-business because he IS anti-business. Happy to help clear the fog for you.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
As a business owner I will say Obama is anti-business.
Ditto here. I have put my warehouse expansion on Hold for two years now because of MaObama, and if he thinks will will 1099 customers, he is more delusional than even I thought.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:16 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,078,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
...well if talk radio agrees with you, it must be true.

I listen to that for 5 minutes and dissect their arguments.
If one has the background in history and politics, one cannot "dissect" their arguments. Or maybe one has to live long enough to have experienced background and some of that history to be able to know truth from fiction/spin.

Quote:
No one's asking for politicians to run the show - least of all Obama who has invested extraordinary resources into making sure businesses can keep running the show.
Now I will disagree vehemently with this statement. Of course the politicians, especially the Dems during the last 4 years, are trying to run things. Look at what they have crammed down the throats of the population even when the populations made it clear they didn't want these policies and spending. As for business and BO...I have never seen anyone as anti business as this guy! And that conclusion comes from my own experience of over 55 years in the business and political worlds, including international experience.

Quote:
I don't want to get into that debate, but only chimed in because the Constitution is a broad document that can be interpreted many ways, which is in sharp contrast to the Tea Party movement that seems to believe their limited interpretation and selective passages are the only one that exists.
I don't "debate" unless the subject is debatable because there is no right or wrong to the subject. The Constitution is NOT as "broad" as you seem to have concluded. Maybe that's a direct cause of not having had the experience in life needed to understand what our Constitution really means and why it was written to mean what it does.

Guess there is a faction today that is as scared of the "Tea Party" positions and reasons for standing up and shouting "not only NO but H*ll NO" thinking perhaps instead of England and the Redcoats being thrown out of power that today's "good old boys" will be thrown out. Ya think?

Last edited by lorrysda; 01-22-2011 at 12:32 PM..

Old 01-22-2011, 01:24 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Obama needs to give up on compromising with the GOP. The right is never going to respect him. They have no interest in helping him clean up the mess Bush left behind. The people that actually voted him into office feel disappointed. Also Obama is considering making Joe Liberman the next defense secretary...
Bush left a mole hill. Obama turned it into a mountain. Stop blaming Bush! Obama is in his 3rd year. Reality has got to set into you libs right about now. Give blame where blame is due.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Bush left a mole hill. Obama turned it into a mountain. Stop blaming Bush! Obama is in his 3rd year. Reality has got to set into you libs right about now. Give blame where blame is due.
Everything was fine with the economy until the second half of the second term. You remember. Just about the time Pelosi and her brown-shirted fellow travelers took over control of Congress. But of course, the snivers never mention that. Just like then never mentioned that the economy under Clinton was in the tank until the 104th Newt Gingrich, Contract with America Congress kicked the gerbils out and put grown-ups in charge.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:21 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I don't think it's a "new" Obama--I feel like we're getting the old one back. He seems to be back in the game--the first two years of his presidency have been spent trying to deal with one crisis after another, and it was looking like all of it had taken a real toll on him--now he seems to be back, with the energy and resolve of the person we elected.
Exactly what crisis was he dealing with. The beer summit? Losing the Olympics? All those golf games?

Back? Seriously? His heads been so far out of the game, it's not even funny. Think he'll say jobs are the number one priority in his State of the Unions address? AGAIN.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Exactly what crisis was he dealing with. The beer summit? Losing the Olympics? All those golf games?

Back? Seriously? His heads been so far out of the game, it's not even funny. Think he'll say jobs are the number one priority in his State of the Unions address? AGAIN.
Maybe his stomach parasites have migrated to something a little higher up, something a little grayer, more nicotine-addicted, more in need of idiot-boards in order to speak with elementary-school kids. It all fits. My God, what has happened to us - oh yes, Obama happen(s)(ed).

Old 01-22-2011, 02:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flordelis View Post
Ditto here. I have put my warehouse expansion on Hold for two years now because of MaObama, and if he thinks will will 1099 customers, he is more delusional than even I thought.
Warehouse expansion...huh?

Yeaaaah. So why did you put it on hold for 2 years? That would mean that you had plans to put it on hold BEFORE he ever became president, or at least the next day after he walked into the White House.

Odd that your plans for an "expansion" came up just as Obama became the prez...but then you quickly changed your mind before he ever had a chance to sign a single bill.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:06 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
Obama seems different, much more open to business, I'm happy he changed
What about you ?
You're being duped. Obama hasn't changed. Does a leopard change his spots?

What makes you think he has changed? What evidence is there? He's still pushing the same old horse manure.

Why would he suddenly change?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies