Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2011, 09:16 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
They didn't renew his contract? Kewl!

Twitter / HowardKurtz: It is true. MSNBC contract ...
Personally I stopped watching Oberman almost a year ago. I just got tired of him whining about Beck, and Hannity all the time.

Lawrence O'Donell show is much better. He's objective but when he feels he has his facts together and somebody is trying to snow him or be evasive he REALLY goes after them.

Now I seriously think they need to get rid of Ed and get somebody who at least tries to show some level of objectivity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 09:16 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
not true .....who is farther left than the hosts of msnbc and their regular guest's such as Michael Moore.....Please. Of course it is not a coincidence, comcast probably would like to compete for ratings just like everyone else in the industry except for NPR! Watch them start recruiting Conservative hosts.
I just started a thread about that very topic!

Old 01-21-2011, 09:18 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Why does someone, in your view, have to be ignorant and FEARFUL because another liberal bit the dust? Why can't it just be that he was simply not good enough to appeal to enough people to keep him on the air?
Why do some people think that because liberals post about and talk about Sarah Palin that they are afraid of her? If that's true, then surely one can conclude, based on all the very emotional and nasty posts about Olberman, that MANY right-wingers were fearful of Olbermann. Contrary to their illusions, many people did hear him and he was influential.

Btw, what happens to "minority" voices in your view of "the market rules".......that every thing is determined by the market? And, I disagree with you that he didn't appeal to enough people to keep him on the air. His was the highest rated show on MSNBC. MSNBC rose above CNN after it started broadcasting a more liberal POV. Perhaps there are not enough "liberal" corporations out there who wanted to hear what Olbermann had to say and wanted the public to hear it. Where the hell is George Soros when you need him?

Old 01-21-2011, 09:19 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
The median age of Faux News viewers is 65. They have nothing better to do, nor the energy, other than to sit in front of a TV all day..
But...they watch what they like.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:20 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
I am seeing MSNBC as miserable puppets to corporatists at this point. I would indeed lash out at them. And comcast. I find it disturbing that within less than a week after the deal is sealed Olbermann is fired! No, I don't think that is a coincidence.

As someone else posted earlier, Olbermann is responsible for MSNBC's rise in ratings after they became a place for liberal voices to be heard. You can leave out that inflammatory label of "far left fringe".........that's not true. MSNBC provided a place for people who are more liberal. It was an open market. Olbermann's loyal fans are human beings, they do think, and they do choose what to watch on TV......they are not a non-issue. I think that it was because Olbermann was so very effective as a liberal voice that he was silenced. Comcast and MSNBC.
If Olbermann made MSNBC into a place where liberals can be heard, then there must not be many liberals out there

7,211 posts, read 9,430,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Personally I stopped watching Oberman almost a year ago. I just got tired of him whining about Beck, and Hannity all the time.

Lawrence O'Donell show is much better. He's objective but when he feels he has his facts together and somebody is trying to snow him or be evasive he REALLY goes after them.

Now I seriously think they need to get rid of Ed and get somebody who at least tries to show some level of objectivity.
Why? Faux News doesn't show any "objectivity"

The left need those that will fight fire with fire.. Not act like a bunch of wimps..

Quote:

Tone it down, you say? I have absolutely no doubt that is where they are headed. Then in a year or so, they'll just have to "tone it down" even more......more and more to the right.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:

I predict Ed is next.

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Why do some people think that because liberals post about and talk about Sarah Palin that they are afraid of her? If that's true, then surely one can conclude, based on all the very emotional and nasty posts about Olberman, that MANY right-wingers were fearful of Olbermann. Contrary to their illusions, many people did hear him and he was influential.

Btw, what happens to "minority" voices in your view of "the market rules".......that every thing is determined by the market? And, I disagree with you that he didn't appeal to enough people to keep him on the air. His was the highest rated show on MSNBC. MSNBC rose above CNN after it started broadcasting a more liberal POV. Perhaps there are not enough "liberal" corporations out there who wanted to hear what Olbermann had to say and wanted the public to hear it. Where the hell is George Soros when you need him?
This is the first thread about olbermann that I've seen on here.

I'm sorry, there was a thread about him when he was suspended a few months ago.

But it certainly isn't often.

and it will die off in a few days.

6 months from now people will say "keith who...?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Why? Faux News doesn't show any "objectivity"

The left need those that will fight fire with fire.. Not act like a bunch of wimps..
totally agree. I think "comcast" is just gradually "toning down"....diluting the liberal voice........a little at a time. It's not good for "business" you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies