Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2011, 10:06 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Yes, it's probably going to be difficult to live on that $7 million per year MSNBC is going to pay him for the next two years.

Olbermann will remain "unemployed" only for as long as he wants. Don't kid yourself. He had a large audience, was the top rated show on MSNBC, and others will now want to add that audience to their numbers!

Why am I to reminded of that movie Misery? Keithie I am your Number One Fan.

Last edited by dcsldcd; 01-22-2011 at 10:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 10:07 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
"enormous amount of time for right wingers"?? One station equates an enormous amount of time?
Yes, it does.......by virtue of the number of people who watch it and are deceived by it.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:07 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
This thread is a very good illustration of the psyche of the left. The left is the LOUDEST and most VOCIFEROUS voices by far, screaming hate and bigotry at those who don't believe in their politics. Yet we have many of them on this thread praising and defending one of, if not the, most hateful ,despicable, intolerant human beings in the media today. It is a perfect example of the hypocrisy..........do they really care about hate and bigotry ? Some of us have known all along that is not the case.

All while you admire & cling to every single word uttered by people like Rush, Beck & Hannity. Talk about loud & hypocrisy...LOL

Old 01-22-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
You are starting to remind me of that movie Misery. Keithie I am your Number One Fan.
And why does it not surprise me that your mind works that way?

I'm a strong liberal and I liked having a voice like Keith Olbermann's out there in the open. I like Maddow's show and yet she has a different style. I like Chris Matthews as well, but also a different style. I think it's very disturbing that MSNBC fired the host of its most highly rated show. THAT is not a good business decision, nor is it rational. It implies all kinds of bias, especially just when there is "new" management coming into the picture in the form of comcast.

Can't you think of any better response to my defense of a liberal voice other than to try to ridicule me personally? That old "he/she is crazy" argument is certainly proof that the opponent has no rational arguments remaining in their arsenal. Your statement also sounds like a Personal Attack to me.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:14 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
I tried to find something out, but have no reason why he left. It is too bad. I was not a big fan because he was over the top but he was a good counter to Beck...both extreme in their views.

Too bad he is gone.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:15 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Does Obama have a new press secretary yet?
That was my first thought - he's going to work at the WH.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:15 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
He's a non-factor. I don't exactly know why this is a big deal. I prefer that he would have been kept on, however. His rants did good things to expose the hypocrisy of the left.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:17 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
And why does it not surprise me that your mind works that way?

I'm a strong liberal and I liked having a voice like Keith Olbermann's out there in the open. I like Maddow's show and yet she has a different style. I like Chris Matthews as well, but also a different style. I think it's very disturbing that MSNBC fired the host of its most highly rated show. THAT is not a good business decision, nor is it rational. It implies all kinds of bias, especially just when there is "new" management coming into the picture in the form of comcast.

Can't you think of any better response to my defense of a liberal voice other than to try to ridicule me personally? That old "he/she is crazy" argument is certainly proof that the opponent has no rational arguments remaining in their arsenal. Your statement also sounds like a Personal Attack to me.

I guess you never gave a thought to the option that it was a good business decision to get rid of the bum?

The implication of "Misery" in my post was that you seem obsessed with Olbermann, not crazy.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
This thread is a very good illustration of the psyche of the left. The left is the LOUDEST and most VOCIFEROUS voices by far, screaming hate and bigotry at those who don't believe in their politics. Yet we have many of them on this thread praising and defending one of, if not the, most hateful ,despicable, intolerant human beings in the media today. It is a perfect example of the hypocrisy..........do they really care about hate and bigotry ? Some of us have known all along that is not the case.
"Loudest...Vociferous...screaming hate and bigotry...most hateful, despicable intolerant human".........those are just a few of the words in the post. Very hateful and intolerant words indeed. All words used to describe YOUR VIEW of "the left" and Olberman. Gee. Wonder where all the hate is really coming from?

How about providing JUST A FEW examples of screaming hate and bigotry which came from Keith Olbermann. Surely that's not too difficult a task for you.

Your apparent "hate" of the "left" is abundantly clear. What else do you have to offer, other than YOUR OPINION on the subject?

Old 01-22-2011, 10:22 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Can you possibly "explain" and give examples of all the things ^^^^ you say Olbermann did? Or are those observations just your simple opinion about the subject?

"He poisoned the national political scene"? Unfortunately not even Keith was capable of doing that kind of thing singlehandedly. Olbermann countered the hate coming from far right wingers and shed light on the clearly partisan lies coming out of FOX. That's what he did. And your suggestion is that MSNBC should have "gotten rid" of their top rated show host years ago? That just doesn't make any sense at all.

No, we are not better off as a country without the liberal voice of Keith Olbermann out there to counter the enormous amount of air time for right wingers who sling mud and hatred on a daily basis......Remember, Glenn Beck said on his show that he wanted to kill someone with a shovel. Did you EVER, EVER hear anything remotely similiar from Olbermann? I didn't.

You seem to hate Olbermann because his political views were so contrary to yours. NOT a good reason to wish for someone to be silenced.
I do not know how the poster you addressed this to is going to respond but I will say he and Chris Mathews are the only 2 live political TV journalists/talking heads, what ever you want to call them, that were removed from doing any future live political reporting because of the open bias in their reporting. That should have been enough to remove right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies