Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2011, 08:30 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times

Advertisements

Ah how nice. A prominent (as far as low TV ratings are concerned) liberal bites the dust It just warms my heart with fuzzy feelings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 08:32 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
I will miss him very much.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:32 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
The way you're going on about this, Keith must have really been a thorn in your side, despite all your claims to the contrary..

LOL..I find that rather satisfying..
Not at all, not at all.

It is very satisfying to see the man responsible for MSNBC's experimental deliberate lurch to the far left, which failed miserably based on the ratings, to be ditched himself in this way.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:33 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Ah how nice. A prominent (as far as low TV ratings are concerned) liberal bites the dust It just warms my heart with fuzzy feelings
Did you get a tingle up your leg too?

Old 01-21-2011, 08:34 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
FOX couldn't afford Olbermann.
You're right....

they couldn't afford the ratings drop.

If he wasn't such an azz hat he may have a chance to get back on ESPN where he started.

His arrogance didn't win him any friends anywhere.

I can't stand the dude, but he is a great Base Ball guy. He knows the game better than most, the problem is, he knows that he does.

FOX will not even mention it. They're much too classy.

Maybe if he had done a show that wasn't just a " bash FOX and Palin" hour, his ratings would be better.

Maybe if he EVER had a guest from the right on.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:35 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Did you get a tingle up your leg too?
I did Olbermann went the way of Air America

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
FOX will not even mention it. They're much too classy.
I noticed Olbermann always talked about O'Reilly and yet I never heard O'Reilly make a peep about Keith

Old 01-21-2011, 08:36 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Not at all, not at all.

It is very satisfying to see the man responsible for MSNBC's experimental deliberate lurch to the far left, which failed miserably based on the ratings, to be ditched himself in this way.
I just posted on another thread that the deal with Comcast just went through.

MSNBC's days are numbered.

He is just the 1st casualty.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:39 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Bascially it just shows that his tryig to cash in on ORiely's popularrity by being the liberal anti only goes so far. He never really established his own audience based on himself.Who only have so mcu time or your out in the talkig head media no matter your view point,

Old 01-21-2011, 08:41 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Bascially it just shows that his tryig to cash in on ORiely's popularrity by being the liberal anti only goes so far. He never really established his own audience based on himself.Who only have so mcu time or your out in the talkig head media no matter your view point,
Not only that, but all the Palin bashing, night after night, all the GOp bashing, night after night, all the conservative bashing, night after night - that wears thin real quick and I imagine management finally had enough. His show was the most ideological Left on any of the cable networks. He never had any kind of balance from day one.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:42 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Not at all, not at all.

Of course you do. so much for "free speech" and all that which you guys whine about when your right-wing TV talking heads are criticized.

I find it very disturbing that pretty much the leading liberal voice on TV has been silenced by "corporate" America. Olbermann had very interesting guests on his show who could and did shed light on many lies by the far right extremist politicians in DC. He was fearless in his commentary, and even though you right wingers didn't like him and what he had to say, you should at least want to ensure his RIGHT to continue to say it. Aren't you all the ones who rant at people you think are "far left" because of their criticism of your darlings, such as Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, et al.........your rants usually include some form of "the liberals just want to such so-and-so down, and they don't believe in free speech" yada, yada, yada.

You should be disturbed that Olbermann has been shut down and ask yourselvesk why. Just because the "right" doesn't like him? Why would a company fire their LEADING prime time host?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies