Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2011, 10:58 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Then why is Olbermann gone?
As has been said umteen times now, Conservative owners of new owners of MSNBC clearly didn't want Olbermann on their network. Haven't you completely missed 90% of the posts in this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 11:01 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Birth certificate?

You've seen the hospital generated long-form BC?

Hawaii governor says Obama's birth record 'exists' but can't produce it | Mail Online

Old 01-23-2011, 11:02 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
As has been said umteen times now, Conservative owners of new owners of MSNBC clearly didn't want Olbermann on their network. Haven't you completely missed 90% of the posts in this thread?
Of coarse I have seen them but, why would they cut off their nose to spite their face, do you comprende?

Old 01-23-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
In your defense of Olbermann, you certainly gave the impression that Fox was nothing but lies. I watch Fox because most of the shows give viewpoints from both sides but I don't watch Beck; he's too preachy for me. Watch CNN occasionally and have tuned into MSNBC just to see how they spin something. Favorite is actually CSPAN. MSNBC fails to give countering viewpoints and often has a very liberal and slanted spin on most of the stories of the day. It hurts their credibility.
I sometimes can get very focused when necessary. And my guess is that if a big "liberal" company bought a majority interest in Fox (I KNOW that could never happen) but anyway, and all of a sudden Glenn Beck "quit" his show without much of an explanation, remained silent, and Fox execs just announced Beck had ended his contract and they wished him well, I have no doubt that Fox viewers and Beck fans in particular would be totally outraged and would be bright enough to see "connections".......

I also watch CNN and CSPAN.....the History Channel, and others. I liked Olbermann's humor and wit and intelligence.....and compassion.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
You're missing the point. Tucker Carlson is a CONSERVATIVE. We're talking about MSNBC hiring "A CONSERVATIVE."
No...you are missing the point. Tucker Carlson has as much appeal as Alan Colmes. They need to find a more dynamic conservative, someone who can appeal to the left even if they disagree with them. I think you said you liked Sheppard Smith so get someone like him. If you like him I am sure most on the left can too.

Quote:
Of coarse I have seen them but, why would they cut off their nose to spite their face, do you comprende?
You seem to have a very myopic view of this thing. You seem to believe that Olbermann's departure was strictly a business decision and that the goal of that business decision was to improve their earning capacity of Comcast..

I disagree with you on that point. I'm saying that there are other possible "goals" being pursued by the new owners, other than improving ratings and making more money.. So you and I are going to have to agree to disagree on that.

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
I sometimes can get very focused when necessary. And my guess is that if a big "liberal" company bought a majority interest in Fox (I KNOW that could never happen) but anyway, and all of a sudden Glenn Beck "quit" his show without much of an explanation, remained silent, and Fox execs just announced Beck had ended his contract and they wished him well, I have no doubt that Fox viewers and Beck fans in particular would be totally outraged and would be bright enough to see "connections".......

I also watch CNN and CSPAN.....the History Channel, and others. I liked Olbermann's humor and wit and intelligence.....and compassion.
Well, until and if that happens, we won't know. On the topic of Olbermann, your belief that he was fired due to Comcast and its desire to be right wing is nothing more than supposition. While you may believe it, that certainly doesn't make it true.

I suspect the truth is more mundane. He was a pain, he cost a lot, and he didn't bring in high enough numbers to beat Fox.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
No...you are missing the point. Tucker Carlson has as much appeal as Alan Colmes. They need to find a more dynamic conservative, someone who can appeal to the left even if they disagree with them. I think you said you liked Sheppard Smith so get someone like him. If you like him I am sure most on the left can too.
We are NOT talking about hiring a conservative to REPLACE Olbermann.

I'm finished answering your questions for tonight. Good night.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:

Even Alan Colmes has some loyal followers that pitched a b**ch when he left Hannity, that does not mean he was successful.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Well, until and if that happens, we won't know. On the topic of Olbermann, your belief that he was fired due to Comcast and its desire to be right wing is nothing more than supposition. While you may believe it, that certainly doesn't make it true.

I suspect the truth is more mundane. He was a pain, he cost a lot, and he didn't bring in high enough numbers to beat Fox.
Of course it's my "supposition" because we don't have many facts right now straight from the "horses' mouths" so to speak. And my "supposition" is based on many factors....which I have been discussing in this thread.

You are certainly welcome to your opinions as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies