Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 09:56 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times

Advertisements

Another Boycott;yea right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 10:15 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,602,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
If you were a fan of Olbermann, you probably would want to know that the buyout of nbc by Comcast may have been the root cause of his leaving. Roberts the CEO of Comcast is a heavy donator to the Republican party.

You want to send them the message...boycott Comcast. Stop using their cable or internet. If only 10% did that, they would have him back on TV very quickly. I don't use Comcast, but they do own the golfchannel, which I used to watch. No more. Just my symbolic gesture.
Boy if this is true...
Maybe they dumped him because he sucks? Just a thought.
I might start watching MSNBC....LOLOL bye bye Olberschuck!

Old 01-22-2011, 10:18 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,602,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
O-boy,now who can the left blame lol.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:19 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Olberman got himself fired by acting as he has on his show! His ratings were probably really low too!
He had the highest ratings on msnbc.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:21 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I've had satellite TV since 1997 with PrimeStar and then subsequently DirecTV. Never had disappointing service. Satellite's come a long way from 1996 when the slightest thunderstorm would affect signal quality but now only a severe thunderstorm disrupts my service and we don't get those everyday so not having TV for a couple hours every once in a while more than makes up for the gouging prices Comcast has

Comcast thinks people actually have time to read a 15 page bill with universal tax fee...usage tax fee...etc...and whatever else they use to screw the consumer. It cant be said enough Comcast sux! Their customer service is another issue., lol...dont bother calling unless you want to speak to someone in Calcutta.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:06 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Comcast thinks people actually have time to read a 15 page bill with universal tax fee...usage tax fee...etc...and whatever else they use to screw the consumer. It cant be said enough Comcast sux! Their customer service is another issue., lol...dont bother calling unless you want to speak to someone in Calcutta.
I wish I wasn't stuck with Comcast but they are the ONLY broadband option in my area, except 4G which if using WIFI internet in Britain is any experience, no thanks. Too frustrating losing your signal every 5 minutes. So, pretty much where I live it's either Comcast or dial-up or satellite DSL which is overpriced like satellite phones. I don't care that Comcast got Olbermann sacked or not, that Comcast donates to the RNC, they still suck.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:11 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
If you were a fan of Olbermann, you probably would want to know that the buyout of nbc by Comcast may have been the root cause of his leaving. Roberts the CEO of Comcast is a heavy donator to the Republican party.

You want to send them the message...boycott Comcast. Stop using their cable or internet. If only 10% did that, they would have him back on TV very quickly. I don't use Comcast, but they do own the golfchannel, which I used to watch. No more. Just my symbolic gesture.
Keep the ideas coming, what other ways can we cut off our nose to spite our face today?

Olbermann's mouth was the root cause of being fired from MSNBC.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:12 PM

19,826 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Maybe they dumped him because he sucks?

Old 01-23-2011, 12:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:

Which is more motive to quit, after threatening to, if Comcast was able to gain a majority of the corporation that employed him.
Immediate after the Judge announced his findings, Mr. ego held his ground and quit.

Spin it how you wish.
Mr. Ego was very vocal about his feeling of the Comcast deal.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:10 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
That's like bragging you got the best grades in class, D+, when everybody else got D's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies