Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-22-2011, 11:09 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
22,174 posts, read 19,443,966 times
Reputation: 5293

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I didn't know we ever had a President named Carry. Hmmm, do you know something I don't?

Ask Momonkey. She is the one that said he was President when she suggested no one with an approval under 53% has ever been re-elected. Bush was in the upper 40's in virtually every poll heading into Election Day 2004.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-22-2011, 11:14 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,325 posts, read 44,923,536 times
Reputation: 7118
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
You first...





The polling numbers are essentially the same among party lines, however most importantly the Indy voter's approval have swung over to Obama big time. That should worry the GOP.
You know why? Because he capitulated on the tax cuts.

Actually, don't know if he'd win with this average;

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Besides, polls this early, surveying adults, with skewed party ID numbers for the democrats are meaningless. And if you bother to look inside the poll at some of the issues - he is underwater.

The media wants to push this "narrative" that obama is on the rebound. He might be for a while, but with UE expected to stay @ 9% throughout 2011, gas prices up, 20% foreclosures on the rise, he better hope things change real quick.

All I care about is that his radical agenda has been stopped cold.

Do yourself a favor, if you know anything about polls methodology, tell me you think a poll is legitimate that has a democrat advantage of 10 points, after the last election, after the democrat losing ground on party affiliation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2011, 11:16 PM
 
Location: San Diego
2,311 posts, read 2,827,752 times
Reputation: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Not so, AUM. I would have been glad to take part indicating that Resmussen shows TheWon at -6 today and the same yesterday. However, I have been banned till this evening so I couldn't get in. l go along with you about what they are saying but I promised myself that when he gets below that -6 on Rasmussen I would stop reading their results. The-6 two days in a row tell me that his jump from the speech the other day that was delivered 4 days late has started to rebound. i bet he is over -7 tomorrow.

Do you know how Rasmussen comes by those numbers? I bet not although they explain it all every day.
Banned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2011, 11:21 PM
 
26,680 posts, read 28,655,207 times
Reputation: 7943
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Not so, AUM. I would have been glad to take part indicating that Resmussen shows TheWon at -6 today and the same yesterday. However, I have been banned till this evening so I couldn't get in. l go along with you about what they are saying but I promised myself that when he gets below that -6 on Rasmussen I would stop reading their results. The-6 two days in a row tell me that his jump from the speech the other day that was delivered 4 days late has started to rebound. i bet he is over -7 tomorrow.

Do you know how Rasmussen comes by those numbers? I bet not although they explain it all every day.
His approval numbers are higher than his disapproval numbers. That's what is important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2011, 11:55 PM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
38,646 posts, read 26,358,386 times
Reputation: 12647
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
You first...





The polling numbers are essentially the same among party lines, however most importantly the Indy voter's approval have swung over to Obama big time. That should worry the GOP.




Elections are not held at the beginning of the third year. Carter and Reagan had similar approval numbers at this point of their presidencies, but Reagan, unlike Carter, knew what to do. He understood an economic recovery was impossible as long as the dollar was as low as it was, so he asked Volcker to apply the monetary brakes to get inflation under control and restore the dollar. The recession that resulted was sever and Reagan suffered because of it, but when the dollar reached its all time high in 1984, the economy boomed and Reagan's approval did as well. The 1984 Reagan win was one of the greatest landslides in history. BO doesn't seem to understand a low dollar, intended to boost exports, will prevent recovery and keep the real inflation rate - to include the cost of food and energy - very high. BO doesn't understand this simple economic concept. so he won't do anything to change it. For that reason, he will lose in 2012. You heard it here first.

The American Spectator : Weak Dollars, Weak Presidents

Last edited by momonkey; 01-23-2011 at 12:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2011, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,882 posts, read 33,248,655 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
His approval numbers are higher than his disapproval numbers. That's what is important.
Rasmussen's daily approval rating was -8 today. Yippee, whee and I am still alive. He went from days of drops, that is gaining in approval numbers and declining in approval numbers clear to -6 and was there two days in a row. I was sure it woudn't go that far but back to -8 leads me to believe that he will get back to his normal numbers.

Now, sir, we don't look at the same parts of the Rasmussen reports since we are both biased and want to look at what we want to see. The one I look at has him strongly approved by 28% today and strongly disapproved by 38% which gives us a -8.

Now my number is a daily number from phone calls the day before and yours is more like weekly as are all the others. I love to watch the daily numbers rise and fall but as I said, I would have stopped looking if it had dropped to -5 today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2011, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,882 posts, read 33,248,655 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Banned?
I occasionally say something that is not too nice, some people think, and end up not being allowed to post for from 2 to 15 days depending on the severity of my crossing of the line of rules for the forum. I don't know what else to call it when I am not allowed to post because of my behavior. Yep, banned from posting although I can read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2011, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
22,174 posts, read 19,443,966 times
Reputation: 5293
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Rasmussen's daily approval rating was -8 today. Yippee, whee and I am still alive. He went from days of drops, that is gaining in approval numbers and declining in approval numbers clear to -6 and was there two days in a row. I was sure it woudn't go that far but back to -8 leads me to believe that he will get back to his normal numbers.

Now, sir, we don't look at the same parts of the Rasmussen reports since we are both biased and want to look at what we want to see. The one I look at has him strongly approved by 28% today and strongly disapproved by 38% which gives us a -8.

Now my number is a daily number from phone calls the day before and yours is more like weekly as are all the others. I love to watch the daily numbers rise and fall but as I said, I would have stopped looking if it had dropped to -5 today.
Its 50% approve 49% disapprove.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2011, 12:30 PM
 
26,680 posts, read 28,655,207 times
Reputation: 7943
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Rasmussen's daily approval rating was -8 today. Yippee, whee and I am still alive. He went from days of drops, that is gaining in approval numbers and declining in approval numbers clear to -6 and was there two days in a row. I was sure it woudn't go that far but back to -8 leads me to believe that he will get back to his normal numbers.

Now, sir, we don't look at the same parts of the Rasmussen reports since we are both biased and want to look at what we want to see. The one I look at has him strongly approved by 28% today and strongly disapproved by 38% which gives us a -8.

Now my number is a daily number from phone calls the day before and yours is more like weekly as are all the others. I love to watch the daily numbers rise and fall but as I said, I would have stopped looking if it had dropped to -5 today.
All that matters is approve or disapprove. It's silly to only consider "strongly approve" and "strongly disapprove".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2011, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Gone
25,231 posts, read 16,926,485 times
Reputation: 5932
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Rasmussen's daily approval rating was -8 today. Yippee, whee and I am still alive. He went from days of drops, that is gaining in approval numbers and declining in approval numbers clear to -6 and was there two days in a row. I was sure it woudn't go that far but back to -8 leads me to believe that he will get back to his normal numbers.

Now, sir, we don't look at the same parts of the Rasmussen reports since we are both biased and want to look at what we want to see. The one I look at has him strongly approved by 28% today and strongly disapproved by 38% which gives us a -8.

Now my number is a daily number from phone calls the day before and yours is more like weekly as are all the others. I love to watch the daily numbers rise and fall but as I said, I would have stopped looking if it had dropped to -5 today.
You forget he is giving the SOU this week which always drives the numbs up in his favor, in fact every time the man speaks his numbers go up, hmmm, now I know why you guys do not like him giving speeches, you have no answer to his ability to connect with the masses.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:37 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top