Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you admire Jim DeMint for taking a stand against gays?
Yes, I admire him for this 18 19.15%
No, I do not 71 75.53%
Not sure / No opinion 5 5.32%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:20 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Something tells me the conservatives on this board will yet again fail to criticize their own and denounce heinous comments like this.
Something tells me a poster who is a liberal will make silly unfounded blanket comments and will still wonder why no respect is given to their own posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 09:24 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,706,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
No excuses - just facts. You are given your sexual orientation at birth as part of the temperament that comes from your Creator. If you were born straight you can no more change your orientation than can someone who was born gay. If you believe in a Creator, it would be against His will to go against the temperament you were given.

I AM an alcoholic, BTW. I just celebrated 25 years of sobriety on the 14th of January. Alcoholism is an addiction. Sexual orientation is a part of the traits you were born with, just like sex, race, and parentage. You got your sexual orientation at the same time, and you cannot change any of those things.

Pedophilia is a ridiculous argument. We are talking about attraction here, not action. Any relationship must necessarily be between two or more consenting adults.
Yes, people are attracted to certain things, but that doesn't shouldn't give one group (gays) a special protected status. You speak about consenting adults? Well, ALL adults are expected to act like adults, or face the consequences. Gangsta's are going to be singled out by cops. People with long hair and/or tatoos are too. When gay people DECIDE to ACT like a flaming homosexual, then they will get a reaction.
Poor Johnny... he can't help it that he's slow
drunk guy who starts fights at the bar... oh, thats just Bob, he can't help it, he's an alcoholic
Gay people who want sympathy, or special treatment need to realize that they are not special. Just because you feel like you are attracted to the same sex does not give you the right to offend everyone else. It does not give you the right to express your sexuality in public. It does not make you a protected class citizen.
Gay people need to show some restraint, and keep their private business private!

Last edited by Guamanians; 01-24-2011 at 09:33 AM..

Old 01-24-2011, 09:31 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,706,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
The comparison of left-handedness with homosexuality is an excellent one and "works very well".
You'll find scientists often commenting on the remarkable similarities in their trait profiles.

Here is an article showing the parallels between the trait profiles of left-handedness and homosexuality.
http://www.ksc.kwansei.ac.jp/~jed/Co...rs-7-25-05.pdf

And here is another by a Stanford Professor of Genetics:
Understanding Genetics: Human Health and the Genome

Socially, lefthanders exist as a small minority in societies designed to cater for right-handers.
Socially, Homosexuals exist as a small minority in societies designed to cater for heterosexuals.

Both left-handedness and homosexuality have historically been stigmatized.

Religious stigmatization of left-handers as evil, a sign of the devil, unnatural etc led to left-handers being forced to try to change their handedness orientation.
Religious stigmatization of homosexuals as sinful, unnatural etc has led to homosexuals being forced to try to change their sexual orientation.

Trying to change someone's innate handedness is almost as unsuccessful as trying to change one's innate sexual orientation. You can force a leftie to use their right hand but they will always default to their left. You can force a homosexual to pretend they are heterosexual, but you can't make them heterosexual.
How many left-handed people use that as an excuse? Oh, I am being discriminated against because I'm left-handed?

Old 01-24-2011, 09:53 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
DeMint to skip CPAC – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Jim DeMint. What a fascist.

Is CPAC's future doomed because a few gays want to participate?
Facist ?......you have really gone off the deep end now. This looks like it is shaping up exactly as I said it would. Cpac's future is doomed because they don't clarify that......."we don't care what some one does in the privacy of their own home but when you try to make your sex life part of our event we must draw the line". Do you honestly think that their have never been homosexuals in attendance at cpac before?

Old 01-24-2011, 10:22 AM

37,183 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Then you're not an alcoholic, you, like me are an ex-alcoholic. Ex-smokers do not refer to themselves in the present tense and neither should ex drinkers.
I will always be an alcoholic. if I take a drink, the drink will take my choice away.

I am what is known as a recovering alcoholic. I will have recovered completely only if I have not taken another drink before I die.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:25 AM

37,183 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
No, I do not know him. So what? I know Steny Hoyer. Big deal. i have read many of his positions and I agree with them. Do you agree with any of his psoitions? Probably not. Otherwise you would have voted for him. Face it, you are adem and wouldn't vote for him no matter what.

If you don't like the people of SC I sugget you get the h..l out of the state and go to where your positions are represented.
I have 206 days left until I retire and I intend to do precisely that. Oregon is calling me.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:30 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I have 206 days left until I retire and I intend to do precisely that. Oregon is calling me.
Buh Bye!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2011, 10:35 AM

537 posts, read 818,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Facist ?......you have really gone off the deep end now. This looks like it is shaping up exactly as I said it would. Cpac's future is doomed because they don't clarify that......."we don't care what some one does in the privacy of their own home but when you try to make your sex life part of our event we must draw the line". Do you honestly think that their have never been homosexuals in attendance at cpac before?
Jim DeMint doesn't think so.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:58 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrehm View Post
Jim DeMint doesn't think so.
What makes you say that / How would he know ? He wouldn't! No one would no anything about anyones sex habits..........unless of course they decided that they were attending as a group of Homosexuals !

Old 01-24-2011, 11:01 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Yes, people are attracted to certain things, but that doesn't shouldn't give one group (gays) a special protected status. You speak about consenting adults? Well, ALL adults are expected to act like adults, or face the consequences. Gangsta's are going to be singled out by cops. People with long hair and/or tatoos are too. When gay people DECIDE to ACT like a flaming homosexual, then they will get a reaction.
Poor Johnny... he can't help it that he's slow
drunk guy who starts fights at the bar... oh, thats just Bob, he can't help it, he's an alcoholic
Gay people who want sympathy, or special treatment need to realize that they are not special. Just because you feel like you are attracted to the same sex does not give you the right to offend everyone else. It does not give you the right to express your sexuality in public. It does not make you a protected class citizen.
Gay people need to show some restraint, and keep their private business private!
In that same vein, a public figure can stand at a podium with their loving wife/husband/children standing behind them and walk off stage holding hands.

Do you afford two men the same ability, or is that being a 'flaming homosexual'? What about slow dancing with their partner at an event? Kissing their partner after winning an election?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies