Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you admire Jim DeMint for taking a stand against gays?
Yes, I admire him for this 18 19.15%
No, I do not 71 75.53%
Not sure / No opinion 5 5.32%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 07:36 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Here are some of the comments
That's not "hate", it's simply an opinion that doesn't line up with the leftists mantra of "tolerance." As I stated, and you have confirmed in this post, "hate" and "racism" have become the equivalent to the boy who cried wolf for leftists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 07:39 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
That's not "hate", it's simply an opinion that doesn't line up with the leftists mantra of "tolerance." As I stated, and you have confirmed in this post, "hate" and "racism" have become the equivalent to the boy who cried wolf for leftists.
Wanting to ban someone from teaching in a public school just because they happen to be gay IS hate.

Comparing a homosexual relationship to pedophilia and bestiality IS hate

How much more heinous does it need to get before you say its hate??

Old 01-24-2011, 07:41 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
So here we are with over 200 posts, and, unless I missed it some where, I still have not seen any link to a video or to quotes where DeMint stated what the OP claims.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:42 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Wanting to ban someone from teaching in a public school just because they happen to be gay IS hate.

Comparing a homosexual relationship to pedophilia and bestiality IS hate

How much more heinous does it need to get before you say its hate??
nonsense......it is not hate, I do not hat you or aum as individuals because you are homosexuals. Its just nonsense, what I and others disapprove of us your continued insistence to force your sex lives on other people it is that simple.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I said I KNOW the man. Do you? That was totally unambiguous.

I would NEVER vote for DeMint BECAUSE I know him. He was elected by the neanderthal redneck bastards who, unfortunately, are in a majority in this backwards state.

Now - can you give me a better answer this time? Do you actually, personally, KNOW Jim Demint or not?
This "backwards state" as you put it just recently elected a female Indian-American governor and a black conservative congressman (who got the rep. nominee over Strum Thurmonds son, btw). I live in Greenville, home to Michelin, BMW, GE's engineering hq, one of the most beautiful downtowns in America, one of the largest Whole Foods in the South East (Charlotte doesn't even have WF yet), one of the busiest Trader Joes, and the 7th largest city in America for engineers. Me thinks your definition of "backwards" is anything that doesn't march in lockstep with the radical leftist agenda.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:48 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
nonsense......it is not hate, I do not hat you or aum as individuals because you are homosexuals. Its just nonsense, what I and others disapprove of us your continued insistence to force your sex lives on other people it is that simple.
Umm buddy this may come as a surprise to you, but just because someone doesn't think gays should be treated as 2nd class citizens, and doesn't think equality = forcing sex lives on other people (btw there you go again being obsessed on the sex aspect) doesn't mean they are gay. I'm straight.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Umm buddy this may come as a surprise to you, but just because someone doesn't think gays should be treated as 2nd class citizens, and doesn't think equality = forcing sex lives on other people (btw there you go again being obsessed on the sex aspect) doesn't mean they are gay. I'm straight.
That's not what your boyfriend said.

Had to inject a little levity into the conversation.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:20 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knax View Post
What you do every day. So they can do it, too.

You force your sex life on other people,e when you tell them you have a bf, gf/husband or wife ( doubt you do, though ). Same thing. So why don't you just stay single for the rest of your life and show them how not to force your opinion on others. Sounds like something you should pursue.

You are probably a closeted gay, though. You are def. obsessed with gay sex. I would check that out.
I have never heard that before.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:19 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So here we are with over 200 posts, and, unless I missed it some where, I still have not seen any link to a video or to quotes where DeMint stated what the OP claims.
Yep, he said it. He also doesn't want pregnant unmarried women to teach either. It's his base in SC - the Bob Jones crowd.

DeMint Under Fire Again for Saying Gays and Unmarried Pregnant Women Shouldn't Be Teachers - FoxNews.com

Old 01-24-2011, 10:14 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
There I go again? Dude, how many anti-gay threads have you started? Too many to count.

Everyone doesn't need to know I'm a homosexual, but if I choose to say it out loud, that's my choice. As Palin would say, you're not going to shut me up.

Gays have interests that are particular to them. I'm not sure why you can't acknowledge this. Look at the list of groups attending CPAC and note how many of them identify themselves by a special interest.

Participating Organizations | The American Conservative Union (http://www.conservative.org/cpac/participatingorganizations/ - broken link)

Old people, young people, blacks, women, Christians, Muslims - there's even a poker player's group!
You CHOOSE to join these gay groups for selfish reasons. Gays want everyone to acknowldge their lifestyle, (gay parades, clothes, etc.) but they also want to be accepted as "normal"
Again, you can't have it both ways. That is the big problem with gays in the military. The military is a very disciplined force that demands indivudual sacrifice, and service to the force. Too many gays are all about themselves, and their sexual identity. gay or straight... shut up and do your job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies