Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 11:09 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
Perhaps you would need a pistol to defend against a home invasion, but if you outlaw guns that becomes less of an issue.

if you 'outlaw' guns, then only the crooks will have then

look at the restrictions we have

it is easier for me to buy a illegal gun out of somebodies trunk, than to buy a legal gun

make guns illegal, and only the crooks will have them....is that what you want???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 11:11 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
If only outlaws have guns, then I will be an outlaw. That part is easy.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:17 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Some fringe moonbat is composing an e-mail to DHS at this moment...

Old 01-25-2011, 11:23 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Be careful what you wish for...

When Los Angeles County imposed their gun ban in 1989, without a grandfather clause, I automatically became a criminal overnight because of the firearms I had legally purchased years before. Never say "it cannot happen here."

That is the primary reason why I moved to Alaska in 1991 and became an NRA Life member.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:44 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Be careful what you wish for...

When Los Angeles County imposed their gun ban in 1989, without a grandfather clause, I automatically became a criminal overnight because of the firearms I had legally purchased years before. Never say "it cannot happen here."

That is the primary reason why I moved to Alaska in 1991 and became an NRA Life member.
Simple fix:

Bury your supply until the heat dies down and never shoot them at a public range.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:47 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The natural habitat is not important.
It is on my land.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Answer to OP -

To defend my home, my family and my friends.

Because I want to own one or more.

I believe my stand against any control of personal weaponry is directly related to my Liberal belief in individual freedom and responsibility. I strongly oppose the 1934 Federal Firearms Act because it requires registration as well as restricting some very useful defensive weapons.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:48 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Well in some ways I already am. I crossed the USA 2 and 1/2 times hitting 40 states and didn't care about which states of 18 I was legal in on a motorcycle with my wife.

I was armed in every single one of those states, and so far as i care I was legal, but I know that point could be debated.

The feds say I can to from a legal place to any other place i will be legal. This is how it is to pass thru the Soviet republics of Mass and NY, since i am land locked in NH. I can't complain about what Canada does, so I am trapped behind enemy lines.

As it happens I attend several shoots out of state some are black powder, others are high power, and no states have the right to stop me from passing thru.

On the 10 month long mc tour I never once fired a shot in anger, but came really close on Pine Ridge in SD. There was a situation there I had nothing to do with, other than I had crashed and was hurt. The situation began before I was there, and when I was there it started with a crash and other people kind enough to take us in. The very next day a threat was made on the radio of all things, a well know native activist made the threat of coming to where I was with 20 armed men.

I didn't know that myself since I was bedridden with 3 broken ribs. I found out from the 20 armed cops that came. There was local cops, the BLM cops and a white sherrif just for me

Everyone else there was female. One of the cops spoke with my wife outside the bunk house, and this was unknown to me. That cop came calling, and we had a talk. In the end I was allowed to remain armed.

I admitt being hard core, but then I have already had the occasion to defend my first family and again have lost 2 to murder in my 2nd family. I shall not be infringed.

So far as it concerns me with these sheep naysayers, they just have never come out of their mangers. They can't guess what my life has been and or think for themselves. It's always that same old retoric and whine, never ending rant.

Blaming a tool for crimes is quite pointless to me. I will be armed untill the day i die and it really makes no difference to me how i die. I have seen more than my fair share of death and no longer fear it. If the law changes and creates me as a criminal so be it. I will ignor that law and remain as I am, I won't act out the criminal part unless a foolish enforcer begs for a fight.

I might die, he might die, but that will be his choice not mine. I shall not be infringed.

I am NRA lifer too. I left Mass for NH for this very issue.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:09 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Quote:
I realize the second amendment guarantees our right to own a gun.
I am neither pro- or against-gun control. However this weekend I received an advertisement with the newspaper from a local sporting goods store. The multi-page magazine style ad focused on guns and many of the items made me ask the question "why would someone need this?"
The one that sticks out the most was a gattling gun replica which can shoot some crazy number of rounds per minute.
I understand people like to go hunting but you don't need pistols for that. Perhaps you would need a pistol to defend against a home invasion, but if you outlaw guns that becomes less of an issue.

I guess the main question is why do we need to have the right to own a gun?
Your question alone is the answer.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:30 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
I call BS on your BS.
Cabela's: Gatling Gun Kit

What really caught my attention was "anti-aircraft-style sights" in the features list.
What does "anti-aircraft-style sights" have to do with this anyway? I'd much rather have a more accurate optical sight system.

Also, this isn't a gun. It is a gun accessory that is perfectly legal to be purchased and shipped to my door. It could be purchased by a 12 year old if he or she had the cash in hand. There is NOTHING at all in this kit that is regulated by the BATF. The purchaser must provide a pair of Ruger 10/22 rifles with the stocks removed to add to this kit to make it a functioning weapon. Once assembled, it is still not an automatic weapon. You must provide motion to fire each shot. You can't just pull a trigger and have multiple shots which by the BATF's definition is a 'machine gun'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2yzcMPQZdU

Quote:
It's ok, but something I would certainly be willing to give up for the sake of public safety.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Ben Franklin 1759
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies