Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 05:33 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times

Advertisements

ozzie, Something is wrong with that artical and I don't know what but NICS laws would have ended that, 'IF the artical is true. No one can buy that many guns according to NICS in that little time.

AND Ak style is in no way full auto, BUT the Mex Cartels may be able to aquire parts to make these Ak's select fire and full auto I don't know about that. But I could buy these parts legally if I did not own the rifles. pretty much I am calling BS to the artical, not you.

And then maybe if the Feds did controll the borders like they should be, this would be a non issure in the first place. Why is it the criminals have all the rights and "we the People' have none? ALWAYS.

Glitch nice choice for bear medicine. Vis lives in France so it's a good bet he's sleeping......... I am exicted to see what he says post 238.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 06:00 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,271,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Apparently Mexican drug cartels need guns. Bought by Americans no less...
We need more controls!

Feds charge 34 in Arizona gun buys for Mexico drug cartel
No WE don't, the Mexican Customs needs to do their jobs to stop these weapons being imported if they were then the Cartels would be importing from North Korea, or somewhere else (but not from here). WE should not be doing the job for Mexican customs by restricting a constitutionally guaranteed right. WE are already helping out in Mexico with various arms of federal law enforcement at the cost to US taxpayers.

The current law apparently works , these people were caught and charged as straw purchasers (so someone is doing their job). If they're found guilty, then we have laws that will punish them.

What next, if some tin pot dictator says "we're going to kill a kitten every time we hear the word 'terrorist' on US television" should we restrict the right to free speech to eliminate "terrorist" from our lexicon?

Old 01-25-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
The difference between hand cranked and a cordless drill is legal vs. federal pen.
Yeah any of my AK's and a string make the gun illegal, and sometimes a stiff trigger finger can too. I don't make a practice of that however.

Being a rock lock guy i tend to make one shot count at a time. I am not interested in the Spray and Pray tactics a bit.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:15 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Quote:
I guess the main question is why do we need to have the right to own a gun?
Because wild game is awesome. Venison, anyone?

Old 01-25-2011, 08:54 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
what don't you know? we need to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government, violent crime, from people who want to take away our rights, from terrorists and drug dealers, from local thugs and gangs, from communist nazi oligarchs and we need guns to protect our freedom. every person should at least own 5 pistols and 3 machine guns.
Spoken like a truly arrogant Euro. Social Democracy über alles, neh, mein freund?

BTW, it's strictly a big-a$$ felony to own or make up a full-auto machine gun in the US (in most jurisdictions). Many of us truly enjoy firearms ownership, and yet the percentage of our large (330+M) population that engage in illegal firearms use is truly miniscule, with the exception of the inner city druggies, who account for most all of the "injured children" category of firearms related injuries or deaths. In other words, gangs havin' at each other, bro! I say, let 'em go for it!

Meantime, I'm with Mac_Muz (BTW, Mac buddy, I'll take that pre-war 6.5 offa your hands for, oh, $500? It's nothing but a wheezy old sub-caliber clunker, after all. Yah gotta have a .300 WSM, minimum, if you're gonna be a real man! )

We are blessed in this country to be able to possess the weapons we do. It does, in fact, preserve our freedoms against governmental tyranny, and you can't fight tyrants with muzzle loaders.

I'm in the process of determining, through various sources, an estimate of the total numbers of legally and safely owned ARs and AKs in this country. I'm writing an article on the general acceptance of these types of firearms across the country since countless millions of ex-service American men and women have now more than a passing familiarity with them.

So... while Washington might have been able to ban and confiscate them 25 years ago, this would prove to be technically and politically impossible now. So many of these are now in use for target practice, varminting, self-defense, and deer hunting, and the only thing "against" them is their advanced technical appearance and 30 round clips. But so what? They simply scare the uninformed, which is hardly a reason to grab them.

As for legal pistol ownership, I have now had 3 scary events where my possession of a legal sidearm has prevented harm to me. I am no longer physically capable of fighting off, say, two or three brutal street thugs (could you?), but they, having to face my snubby magnum, made "alternate plans", and I was saved from physical harm.

So, don't try to conflate the situation in Denmark with here. We're a rather different country, and we don't try to overlay our Crazy Wild-West standards on you, now do we? Finally, kerrymac sums it up well herel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
More comments from the peanut gallery....

Funny your writing from a country that cant defend itself..
That's right, isn't it? We Yanks came to their rescue during that little uprising... What was that event called again? Oh yeah: WW-II.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:16 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Yeah any of my AK's and a string make the gun illegal, and sometimes a stiff trigger finger can too. I don't make a practice of that however.

Being a rock lock guy i tend to make one shot count at a time. I am not interested in the Spray and Pray tactics a bit.
Plus if you can count rounds you can avoid having to rack the first round of the new mag.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:19 PM

565 posts, read 485,679 times
Because we don't like our neighbours, once and for all.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:31 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,909,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Gun owners mention the use for hunting and self-protection. Not a bad idea.
Some, however, have all sorts of firearms (like assault weapons) as if they expect their homes to be invaded by a busload of heavily armed criminals.
Watch too many action movies?
You obviously don't fully understand the platform that is mis-labeled as 'assault weapons'. One of my AR-15's is chambered as a .223 caliber. My niece has been hunting with a .223 since she was 9. The exact same thing happens when you shoot a deer with either gun. Yes, the AR platform has the capability of a large capacity mag but most state's hunting laws have capacity limits. Even if they didn't, no self respecting hunter would use more rounds than necessary.

Same for the AK. At 7.62x39mm, it is ballistically (is that a word?) equivalent to a .30-30 rifle.

The AR platform is so popular that Remington has a line in Real Tree camo marketed at the hunters. If you look closely at this magazine about AR's and hunting, maybe you can see it on the cover - AR Guns & Hunting - 2010 Volume 2 Issue 4 .

Old 01-26-2011, 09:19 AM

Summers, Ask around, I ain't too smart according to most, countin' ta' thuddy might be too hard
.................................................. ......................
Vis, i left you a message page 23/24?? I think. I'ld like you to address it. I gotta go out a long time today. I will hunt it down after i get back and call the post number.
.................................................. .................................

Rifelman I don't think so LOL

No one makes em like this anymore

Besides do you have any idea how hard it is to get these? That gun guys real ones call me a liar and claim these are no such thing?
6.5 x 54, not 52, not 53 and not 55

Old 01-26-2011, 09:44 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,721,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Because wild game is awesome. Venison, anyone?
And hormone free Elk is yummy too! Ditto buffalo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies