Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:28 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Same reason as always because people want them to hunt;target shoot;collect and use for defense. They bascially have the constitution on their side as has been ruled by the courts especailly lately.
R u tryin' ta' kill me? Why you didn't typo a thing to speak of dave......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 12:46 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I saw this reply under 'My Settings' and was prepared to take something of a beating.

I hate the phone, but need a line for the pc. I refuse to own a cell phone.

I think why, is that one day I was out riding my motorcycle a big fattie of a bike, and I watched another 'Biker' ask his wife if he could spend x dollars like a child/fool.

I don't and won't live like that either. I may discuss with my wife certain wants, but I never ask for her permission.

Here's proof. This picture is a motorcycle gas tank hanging in our shower when I painted it. If you look close you can see the shower head.

I even used paint with isocryanates (arsenic) common stuff in auto paints.

Finished:
I hate the idea of a cell phone too. I don't want people to be able to get in touch with me 24/7, everywhere I go, and I don't want to be expected to let them know where I am at and what I am doing every minute of the day.

I do have a land line........and I screen those calls.

So many times, when I have started dating someone new, I have heard this: "We need you to get you a cell phone, so I can reach you." {{{shiver}}}

Old 03-29-2011, 12:48 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
What does being able to work and deserving to live have with each other?
Everything. Work is the only reason to live.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:50 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Everything. Work is the only reason to live.
That is really sad.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:07 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5iTpleCndo
ash show why the gun is mightier than sword

Old 03-29-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I hate the idea of a cell phone too. I don't want people to be able to get in touch with me 24/7, everywhere I go, and I don't want to be expected to let them know where I am at and what I am doing every minute of the day.

So many times, when I have started dating someone new, I have heard this: "We need you to get you a cell phone, so I can reach you." {{{shiver}}}

Exactly...... Yet another reason is I see far to many folks doing; Huh What, can you hear me now? AND attempting to talk and drive at the same time.

Some people seem to be able, while others drive like drunks.

Living rural, and finding stranded motorists on a cell with no signal is always ammusing. I get most of them fixed on the spot, unless they need something, like coolant or gas.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:15 PM

GTO, that video is blocked in the USA I guess. Copyright it says.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:18 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
I've never owned a gun, and never plan on it. I qualified on an M-16 in the military, and spent a summer with a gun nut friend in the woods shooting crap, but it really didn't seem like fun to me. I've never been in a situation in my life where a gun would have helped me. My main thought is that people who own lots of guns are either gun enthusiast, which I don't understand, or paranoid, or put themselves in dangerous situations where they might need to protect themselves, or like to hunt. I personally could never shoot an animal, but I get that other people do.

I wouldn't outlaw guns either. You see how well that's worked out for Mexico

Old 03-29-2011, 12:19 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I know that a gun is a better defensive weapon then either a knife or a pen.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:22 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

I also refuse to own a cell phone. While I have absolutely no problem paying for the phone calls I make, I absolutely refuse to pay for the phone calls other people make. Phone companies are double-dipping. They charge you for the phone call you make, then they also charge the recipient of the call for the same phone call. I refuse to participate in this scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies