Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 01:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
I was hearing that gas may go up to $3.50 by summer. "They" always have an excuse for justifying their greed......
They are over $3.00 now in some cities.
I'm going to go with near $4.00 by summer.
ME countries have economic problems..food inflation is hurting their people and the Tunisia uprising has scared them into subsidizing prices for their people. They need money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 01:50 PM

537 posts, read 818,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They are over $3.00 now in some cities.
I'm going to go with near $4.00 by summer.
ME countries have economic problems..food inflation is hurting their people and the Tunisia uprising has scared them into subsidizing prices for their people. They need money.
I remember seeing similar things happening in America in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. On the news I saw a gas station that listed the prices at $6 a gallon.

It seems as though prices in gas prices are increasing again in the wake of other disasters such as the uprising in Tunisia and last year's earthquake in Haiti. It's almost as if the oil companies are exploiting these disasters for profit.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrehm View Post
I remember seeing similar things happening in America in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. On the news I saw a gas station that listed the prices at $6 a gallon.

It seems as though prices in gas prices are increasing again in the wake of other disasters such as the uprising in Tunisia and last year's earthquake in Haiti. It's almost as if the oil companies are exploiting these disasters for profit.
Doesn't matter what we think or what seems to be happening.
Prices go up..Congress calls a big hearing on price fixing and the oil boyz tell them "Oh no, we wouldn't dream of doing that to the American people" and everyone goes back to BAU.

Less demand means less being sold means higher prices cause they have to make their profits.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:47 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
LOL....
Funny,I really dont hear Liberals or Dems b*tching about gas prices now that a Dem is running the show.
If I recall somewhere Obama say "$5.00 a gallon is O.K. with him"

Guess its short term memory lose
Do you have any liberal or democrat friends cause me and mine ***** all day everyday about gas. Hell, the other day I saw gas for $3.04, took a picture of the pump and posted it on my facebook as the cheapest gas I've gotten in weeks.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:59 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times
Gas has been rising around here, have not paid less than $3 per gallon in a while now. $5 or $6 for a gallon is not out of reach.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:01 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Interesting that you say that (facetiously or not), if gas goes to 4 bucks, they'll wish that he was back in power. In fact, i think if he was still the president, they would've already done it. They don't have friends in the White House at the moment (although, they really do...just not the kind they want), so they're being more incremental about it.
who is 'they'?

Old 01-24-2011, 03:09 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
But, but, but

Nancy and Harry promised us 4 YEARS AGO to go after those big bad oil companies and get those prices down for the American people.

What happened?

Prices are climbing because the idiot in the WH shut down pretty much all drilling of our own oil.

They also know that Obama is too stupid to open up more drilling in America to drive down those oil prices.

If the idiot in chief would open up oil drilling the prices would drop like a rock.

Then again he is not smart enough and is a total economic disaster.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:10 PM

Just shove a couple of ears of corn into the gas tank and take off.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:21 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,135,150 times
They said the 'reason" for the increase was not a shortage but because of the "weak american dollar",Well I guess they can use that as a reason to increase prices for the next 50 years....Heaven help us if there does become a shortage because then they can jump up to 10 bucks a gallon and get away with it..

Old 01-24-2011, 03:32 PM

711 posts, read 1,143,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It is not news. It is expected. And for an economy that loves being excessively reliant on oil... well, good luck to us.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies