Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2011, 12:40 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by descentofman View Post
Have you ever seen someone so enthused about pure fantasy in your life? This idiot lives in a fantasy world of her own making. People other than tea baggers watch out of pure entertainment like watching mentally ill people hit themselves on the head with a hammer. She is the Kramer, disgusting but you can't look away. She said that anyone could come to this country when it started and be free and be accepted. That is an out and out lie. She must have had her head up her rear during history class. The Irish and Chinese were boycotted and told they were not welcome and had to take jobs for low pay doing dangerous work on rail roads being treated like slaves. Blacks were personal property and counted as 3/5s of white and then only as a concession to the white gentry of the south so they could have more influence in the house of representatives. Indians were given blankest infected with POX to wipe them out and the once great Buffalo herds were wiped out in part to take away the planes Indians food source. Bachmann is BS crazy and has no idea what she is even saying. I think she really believes what she is saying even though she is pulling it strait out of her rear end.
the Left can not compete with a strong Conservative womans ideas so they have to personally tear her apart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 12:40 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,849,529 times
Has this thread determined that Slavery never happened yet?

Old 01-26-2011, 12:43 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
the Left can not compete with a strong Conservative womans ideas so they have to personally tear her apart
I'd have no problem with a "strong Conservative woman with ideas" but what does that have to do with Bachmann?

Old 01-26-2011, 12:45 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I'd have no problem with a "strong Conservative woman with ideas" but what does that have to do with Bachmann?
Answer: EVERYTHING!!!

Old 01-26-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You attack her not her ideas. Character assignation is how you bring a person with ideas down to your level . keep attacking character not the spending of this government . we all can go down the toilet together

Old 01-26-2011, 12:48 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Answer: EVERYTHING!!!
Anytime someone calls for investigations to see if members of Congress are pro or Anti America, they are many things. Strong isn't one of them.....

Old 01-26-2011, 12:59 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,035,296 times
Quote:
Funny, I posted a rather long and detailed rebuttal of Bachmann's so called ideas without a single word of personal vilification.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
While Bachmann is an infinite source of amusement, this is much to do about nothing.
Quote:
Now Jill you knows the Republicans just loves de women and negroes.
Quote:
There have been a number of occasions when we've had to say thanks but no thanks, we'd rather stand on our own because your shoulders are old, decrepit and riddled with arthritis. Just say'n.
Quote:
That's a bit of a leap of logic. Some of the things that "the old rich white guys" wrote (by the way, most of the Framers were rather young, the older Founders were doing things that they thought were more important) does still matter, however a good bit had to be thrown into the trash can.
Quote:
Oh, how did I miss that!?!

Yeah a good ole boy from West Texas used some rather racist language. Who cares? LBJ could say ****** until the cows come home as long as he signed the Civil Rights Act.

PS - If progressives were using naughty words, what do you suppose real racist were saying?
Quote:
WHERE IS MICHELLE!!!

I've been watching the Tea Party Express streaming video and all I've seen is White House staff!
Quote:
She's still not on Tea Party Express... hmmm.
Quote:
Got her on another screen... started off a lie.
Quote:
We've moved on to Iwo Jima!
Quote:
I love the $1 trillion stimulus (actually $787 billion) when $288 billion was in the form of tax cuts.

I also love how rosy unemployment was in the last months of the Bush administration.
Quote:
Political Correction an arm of Media Matters utterly destroys Bachmann's "speech".

Fact Checking Rep. Bachmann's "Tea Party Response" To The State Of The Union | Political Correction
Quote:
I always jerk my knee when the first graph a speaker points to has been designed to mislead and in a manner of speaking just flat out lie.

In this case, how Ms Bachmann omitted the even number years from her chart which conveniently omits 2008, the beginning of the financial crisis from her spiel.
Quote:
Funny, I posted a rather long and detailed rebuttal of Bachmann's so called ideas without a single word of personal vilification.
there are your posts. I do not see you posting any long rebuttal unless you are counting your media matters. So you have not said one thing about her positions you only copied a link to a left wing hate site

Old 01-26-2011, 01:22 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:
there are your posts. I do not see you posting any long rebuttal unless you are counting your media matters. So you have not said one thing about her positions you only copied a link to a left wing hate site
Media Matters is NOT a left-wing hate site.

It really, really isn't.

Just because it exposes the inaccuracies of political rhetoric (which it does whether the speaker is on the left or the right), it does not deserve a characterization as a hate site.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:51 PM

161 posts, read 141,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Their were Union states that had slaves and Confederate states that did not. If slavery was a key issue, one would think that the Union would have made it illegal prior to engaging in war, would they not? Political Correctness and revisionist history are rotting the brain.
LOL....really, ever heard of the Missouri compromise? Which southern states are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies