Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 12:17 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I know, Bob, I think of that music often when I read your posts. It really suits you, you know? Do you also wear a tinfoil hat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 12:27 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Would you care to list some of the progressive "Lies"?
How about this little tidbit from progressive hero Keith Olberman:

"in Scott Brown we have an irresponsible, homophobic, racist, reactionary, ex-nude model, teabagging supporter of violence against woman and against politicians with whom he disagrees."

Old 01-25-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I just feel sorry for the folks who vote for her in that MN
district - what are they thinking - maybe they need
a V8
I don't know, Polly, people in her district must like her. I don't live in MN, but I like her a lot. She is the kind of American we need a lot more of. Perhaps we wouldn't be in the mess we are in if we had more like her.

What were you thinking when you voted for Obama, hmmmm? Maybe you need a V8?

Obama and his band of thugs and nut jobs, along with the Democrats in congress who follow in a pack, have sure messed this country up. We are in a heap of trouble. Do you think otherwise?

Old 01-25-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I feel sorry for those of you who Voted Obama after he said there were 57 states. what were they thinking
Yes, and he said it more than one time, too. At least three times that I know of.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:51 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Michelle Bachman's words were basically lies, which completely distorted the conditions of early America. I don't even understand the point of her speech, other than to evoke some sort of emotional response from her obviously uneducated audience. She can't possibly believe that "the color of your skin" didn't matter in early America. Hell it still mattered when she was growing up in Iowa in the 60's.

I don't dislike Michele Bachman, I really enjoy her feelings on multi-culturalism and the potential abuses by the federal government. But I am opposed to misinformation, even if it was intended to be inspirational.

As for the founding fathers and slavery. I cannot say that there was necessarily a direct line between the Bill of Rights and the abolishment of slavery. The Bill of rights was merely a limitation on the federal government from making incursions into individual liberty and state sovereignty, it really has absolutely nothing to do with slavery in any real sense.

But yes, slavery was totally opposed to the basic American principles laid out by the founding fathers of this nation.

"Matter" means different things to different people. To the chronically offended, what doesn't matter to others, matters very much to them.

Which of the rights listed in the Bill of Rights are compatible with slavery?

Old 01-25-2011, 12:56 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
I wonder, how long it will take this thread to come to the conclusion, Slavery never existed in the US.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Bachmann's craziness has taken a back seat to Palin of late so I guess she felt the need to turn it up a few notches....
Have you ever heard Chuck Schumer speak? Have you ever heard Nancy Pelosi speak? Have you ever heard Barney Frank speak? Have you ever heard Chris Dodd speak? How about Maxine Waters? Barbara Boxer!!? Gerald Nadler? Cynthia McKinney?

There is nothing "crazy" about either Bachmann or Palin.

I dare you to compare.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:02 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You can ridicule all you want, but history is history. Revisionists with an agenda have seen to it to distort and even hide the facts of our history.

But it can only remain hidden to those who are not curious.

You mention Beck. Do you watch his show? I doubt it. But he has had many historians on the show who have exposed many of the lies that people like you have bought into.

Ridicule Beck if you want to. I ridicule the liberal (progressive) professors that brainwash our young people and fill them with progressive lies.
Actually, they aren't respected historians that he's had on his show. They're hacks that are trying to re-write history, and most reputable historians have nothing to do with these fantasizers.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:03 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times

She's an Idiot.

They had their chance to write the end of slavery into the Constitution, but, most of them being farmers, it was against their interests.

Bachman needs to read a book now and then.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:04 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I wonder, how long it will take this thread to come to the conclusion, Slavery never existed in the US.

Countdown to denial, 3...2...1...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies