Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 05:50 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'd have to look up what you're talking about, but an article normally just states the facts... and I highly doubt these facts included how many "liberals" whined about it. Regardless, I still don't understand how tax evasion is a partisan issue (as the OP suggests).
How many left posters do we see criticizing the left wing heroes who have tax evaded
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 05:56 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
How many left posters do we see criticizing the left wing heroes who have tax evaded
zippo, zero. The only person debating on this thread is a "The other side does it too" token poster.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:59 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
How many right-wingers have started a thread criticizing the right for their corruption & evasion??

Old 01-25-2011, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
zippo, zero. The only person debating on this thread is a "The other side does it too" token poster.
I'm neither a Democrat nor a Republican, fyi... and in case you missed it, the OP is implying this is a liberal issue. So what else is there to debate?? Okay, so Alec Baldwin - an ACTOR - evaded his taxes. So what?? The article says he is being investigated, along with a few others, so clearly this issue is already being handled by the law. I'm not defending anyone, just pointing out the silliness of this thread's premise.

P.S. Wait until this evening, and I'm sure others will have responded by then.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:03 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,534,740 times
Quote:
Well its 8am here on the Eastcoast, you want liberals to stop their commute to join in on ur partisan whining. He was caught and will make the payment and excuse just like any other democrat or republican tax cheat. There you have it liberal hypocricy overted.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Well its 8am here on the Eastcoast, you want liberals to stop their commute to join in on ur partisan whining. He was caught and will male the payment and excuse just like any other democrat or republican tax cheat. There you have it liberal hypocricy overted.
LOL... I mean, he's not the first Hollywood actor to do this, and hopefully he will pay the appropriate penalty (ask Wesley Snipes about that). Just not seeing how this is a debate, let alone a liberal vs conservative issue.

Oh yeah, and it's only 5am here (I'm nocturnal lately), so you can't expect all the West Coast liberals to be online yet!

Old 01-25-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Just on this board you see the left jump on Clarence Thomas for not checking a box on his taxes. yet it was not criminal to do so. But they give People quoted in this thread a pass
Can you provide the post giving Baldwin a pass

Old 01-25-2011, 06:11 AM

Oh yeah, and isn't Martha Stewart a Democrat too? Seems she didn't get this magical pass either... huh?

Old 01-25-2011, 01:10 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Default Alec Baldwin Evading New York Taxes

New York City Charges Alec Baldwin With Evading Tax on Residents

Actor Alec Baldwin has joined a list of elite New Yorkers targeted by tax collectors who think they're fibbing about where they really live to dodge New York City income taxes.

Baldwin, star of NBC's "30 Rock," owns a three-bedroom co-op on Central Park West, a house in the Hamptons and a pad near his daughter in Los Angeles. He spends lots of time in the city doing the show, but claims the Hamptons as home base. That made him one of hundreds of people slapped with an audit in 2009.

Alec Baldwin from 2006...
Tax Cuts and the Republican Legacy

Prominent, veteran members of Congress tell me that, yes, that is their purpose. These tax cuts are not only to make Bush's wealthiest supporters richer, they are intended to hurt less powerful Americans by killing many of the social programs they depend on. That is the legacy of this Republican-controlled Congress. To hurt those who aren't wealthy enough to write Bush-Cheney a big check. I urge all Americans to keep that in mind during this election cycle. A Republican-controlled Congress is killing important social programs that we all depend on, so that Bush's friends can avoid paying a reasonable share of their taxes.

This is what elite liberals do.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
New York City Charges Alec Baldwin With Evading Tax on Residents

Actor Alec Baldwin has joined a list of elite New Yorkers targeted by tax collectors who think they're fibbing about where they really live to dodge New York City income taxes.

Baldwin, star of NBC's "30 Rock," owns a three-bedroom co-op on Central Park West, a house in the Hamptons and a pad near his daughter in Los Angeles. He spends lots of time in the city doing the show, but claims the Hamptons as home base. That made him one of hundreds of people slapped with an audit in 2009.

Alec Baldwin from 2006...
Tax Cuts and the Republican Legacy

Prominent, veteran members of Congress tell me that, yes, that is their purpose. These tax cuts are not only to make Bush's wealthiest supporters richer, they are intended to hurt less powerful Americans by killing many of the social programs they depend on. That is the legacy of this Republican-controlled Congress. To hurt those who aren't wealthy enough to write Bush-Cheney a big check. I urge all Americans to keep that in mind during this election cycle. A Republican-controlled Congress is killing important social programs that we all depend on, so that Bush's friends can avoid paying a reasonable share of their taxes.

This is what elite liberals do.
Duplicate thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies